+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by Theriene View Post
    2. crafting weekly reward is useless b/c low mark of horror cap of 5.4k. Even now I can miss the entire ROF and still over cap it. Is it time to raise the cap or let us choose one among void stones/abyssal crusader's marks/mark of horrors?
    We're changing this. You will now be able to choose between a bag with a large random number of crafting marks or the Fragments of Horror.
    3. new fishing pole quest could be made more intuitive. At first glance the quest asks me to craft the new pole, yet the new pole recipe is part of the reward. Only later did I realize the quest is done by crafting the quest item under "quest" category under fishing in my recipe book. And we have to craft the new fishing pole again after the quest? Why would Uncle Stan take away our first craft?
    Fictionally he is "showing" you how to make this new pole, but he needs your old pole (similar to how the existing recipes work now) to do it. Then he gives you the recipe so you can make it yourself from that point on. Maybe I'll change it so it just grants you the recipe instead of giving you a scroll.
    4. craftable trinkets still don't have more upgrade paths. If the goal of craftable trinkets is to fix the abysmally low drop rate of NTE trinkets, why omit some of them(i.e. cleric aoe heal one)?
    Vladd just needs to give me a task to make this happen, this is the first I've heard of this...
    5. I assume these are still to be added: those nightmare scholars who offer NMR dailies don't give the upgrade parts for new tier seals as part of the rewards; Not seeing NMR6 master rep lesser essences in store; and NMR6 master achievement only reward 10 motes.
    These quests are only offered if you've done one of the, 'A Nightmare is Born" quests first and you have one of the seals eligible for the new upgrades in your inventory.
    6. new 2 tier upgrades for seals seem very expensive 460motes total for 2 seal upgrades. I got my NMR5 in mid Dec 2014 and I have less than 200 motes on me atm.
    These are considerably more powerful that before, so the prices were scaled to follow suit.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Are they walk around inside a specific area? THIS IS AMAHZING!

All these changes sound amazing, but I'm totally with Amielle here... I am going to be a crazy cat lady in my dims!!!!!!!!!!!

Morticus, can you add more dimension slots please? 20 is not enought, (and this would be worst later when we get more dimensions)
    Last edited by Aeryle; 04-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Rift Chaser

The recipe for congealed dreams is acting weird. I bought the one for outfitter no problem. After, I could not buy it for other professions (I have everything except armorsmith at 450 on one character) unless I exited the game completely and came back in. Also, if I had a crafting daily in my log, I could not buy them (they do not show up at all on the store). If I dropped the quest, exited completely, and came back in, I could buy them again.

New 28 slot bag - I don't see much demand for this. On deepwood the Empyrean Bags are going for 27 plat or so on the AH, while the new bag costs 30 plat in vendor mats alone. Maybe bump them up to 30 slot, or decrease the vendor cost. It would be nice to make a lot of these and get rid of some of the excess cloth/leather out there. Maybe the weekly could take more cloth and some leather also. Stacks of leather and cloth are slowly taking over my inventory...

I agree that the fishing pole quest is a little odd - maybe if we were making a "prototype" version or something the first time it would make more sense.

Also - the new fishing daily uses a Beginner's Fishing Pole to make, but these don't show up in the rift store - you have to go to a Fishing NPC to buy one. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Morticus, can you add more dimension slots please? 20 is not enought, (and this would be worst later when we get more dimensions)
    I agree, this could begin to be really important.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

while some of the new dim stuff sounds fun, i am still wondering when our dimensioneer cries will be heard. We keep asking for more building blocks, and get bubbles and sky projectors. don't get me wrong, anything new is good - but it's like our requests are falling on deaf ears....

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    while some of the new dim stuff sounds fun, i am still wondering when our dimensioneer cries will be heard. We keep asking for more building blocks, and get bubbles and sky projectors. don't get me wrong, anything new is good - but it's like our requests are falling on deaf ears....
    Blocks and tiles don't really need to be tested, they turned up on the store as a nice surprise when limestone (etc) arrived heh. The placement of the new items is important we found bugs with the last NPCS in RoF. Sky Projectors & Music also need us to place them see if they work & look ok.

Going to double check the music boxes I had to rush last night & today on a mission in Trove so will be on PTS again tomorrow!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2015 at 01:20 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Rift Team

Glad you guys like the Guards and the cats! Like the Scoundrels and Baby Gump, they respond to most emotes, though the Guardians and Defiants are not as carefree as the Scoundrels. They can, however, be toggled to practice dummy mode in case you want to work on your rotations or just get out some aggression.

I did double-check to make sure the Meridian cat vendor is pathing correctly. She does have a different name than Sanctum's vendor, and a pretty long route, so can be easy to miss.

I'll add Smelly Cat to the list of possible future dimension NPCs, so hopefully we can get that in some time, as well.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    The recipe for congealed dreams is acting weird. I bought the one for outfitter no problem. After, I could not buy it for other professions (I have everything except armorsmith at 450 on one character) unless I exited the game completely and came back in. Also, if I had a crafting daily in my log, I could not buy them (they do not show up at all on the store). If I dropped the quest, exited completely, and came back in, I could buy them again.
    There is a bug on engineering right now regarding the issue with the recipes hiding once you buy a recipe that points at the same outputted item.

The issue with the recipes and the quests is... odd and new.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Also - the new fishing daily uses a Beginner's Fishing Pole to make, but these don't show up in the rift store - you have to go to a Fishing NPC to buy one. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.
    Ah. Yeah, I should probably put them in more places on the store.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Glad you guys like the Guards and the cats! Like the Scoundrels and Baby Gump, they respond to most emotes, though the Guardians and Defiants are not as carefree as the Scoundrels. They can, however, be toggled to practice dummy mode in case you want to work on your rotations or just get out some aggression.

I did double-check to make sure the Meridian cat vendor is pathing correctly. She does have a different name than Sanctum's vendor, and a pretty long route, so can be easy to miss.

I'll add Smelly Cat to the list of possible future dimension NPCs, so hopefully we can get that in some time, as well.
    Love love LOVE all the cute little cats, especially the Mathosian Fauld! Is there any chance we could get some dogs as well? The only one in the game I can think of is the Corgi but I would sure love to have him, he's a cutie!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post

WoW Krug!

Didn't realize they were emote friendly, now know to check if NPC's react to your movement near them (and yes I did /dance first & no they don't dance...lots of other fun responses though.) AND new dummies?! Awesome!

To Toggle NPC's read tooltips while they are in your bags - right click for raid boss/friendly.

Guardian & Defiant Female - Raid Boss
    Guardian @ Defiant Male - Expert Boss

Also great you can toggle cats to sit still or snap movement.

Thanks for response on Smelly Cat one last cat request which would be the ultimate...

The white tiger cub in many places including as a Palace Demise in Margle Place

... and I found the Meridian NPC lol!

Thank you for acknowledging community members this way Very, very sweet gesture.

Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!-1k.jpg

Only glitch noticed so far - On 3/5 occasions not long after entering dimension. Abandoned Cultist can stop taking part in the ritual standing still but light keeps channeling from below there knees. Nothing that can't be fixed picking up and putting down though.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

These quests are only offered if you've done one of the, 'A Nightmare is Born" quests first and you have one of the seals eligible for the new upgrades in your inventory.
    Did the quest(had eligible seal equiped) received no Nightmare realignment tool or whatever it was called
    Un/equip the seal changed nothing-no realigners showed up as a quest reward.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

I had a play around with the cats and the projectors and I'm so excited to see them on live! I hope we'll get to see some dogs for dimensions in the future. My Rali is very much a dog person! Would be great to have one asleep in the dogs bed in Blossom hill :P
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

6. new 2 tier upgrades for seals seem very expensive 460motes total for 2 seal upgrades. I got my NMR5 in mid Dec 2014 and I have less than 200 motes on me atm.
    460? I thought it was 230 for a seal to be upgraded twice to its new max? Unless you are referring to two separate seals being upgraded, then math!
    Last edited by Solaxys; 04-02-2015 at 04:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast