+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mort, Any chance of trophy/interactive dim items becoming available in the future?

Default Walls

I made a post about this a month ago... BUT WALLS!!! the new world walls!!! It would help heaps to finish off a dimension of mine... and possibly more furniture themed for the new content? Or rather... furniture all around!!! And possibly more wall designs than just the two we got? Would be cool to get different kinds of textures for different building experiences... I love seeing what people do with them, and watching imaginations soar with the things people can make!!!

Also... KEYS!!!!! Please give us more keys... more back grounds to work with for brand new ideas!!! ALL THE INSPIRATION!!!!!
    Azrough@Laethys
    Current Open Dimensions: Az's Garden, Village of the Dead, Japanese Cultural Festival, The Pseodosphere

Water!
    Also, more statues. Big statues.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    It's funny you should mention this, because I've made a couple such books, although you don't pick them up and read them. Instead, you place them in the dimension and click on them to read them. I've been discussing with folks internally about how best to distribute these and which other books might get the dimension treatment.
    Awesome krug!

Well, when I say "pick up", I did mean click on them, like the usual interaction with books in the open world. And speaking of books, maybe one of your brilliant writers could come up with more books about Asha!

And can't you just use the books that are already in game? Like all the books in Meridian, Sanctum, Chancel of Labor, etc.? How difficult is it to turn them into dimensional items?

General of Telara

The puzzle missions within the game, is it possible to add them to dims?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    The puzzle missions within the game, is it possible to add them to dims?
    You don't think this would kill exploration and adventuring in Telara? Genuinely curious to understand thought processes as I've been asked my thoughts on this before maybe I can broaden my reply next time more thoughtfully with your insight

Default books...

I like the idea of being able to put interactive books into dimensions...I was wondering if as a start all of the artefact and collectible books could form the basis of your starter library? would be interesting to have a stack of them to start of with!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    And can't you just use the books that are already in game? Like all the books in Meridian, Sanctum, Chancel of Labor, etc.? How difficult is it to turn them into dimensional items?
    I wish there was a setting that could transform existing objects into dimension objects, but under the hood, dimension objects work differently than world objects, and getting them to do anything interactive requires extra steps. It's not difficult, it's just time consuming.

It will be the Meridian/Sanctum books that get the dimension treatment, but that's because there aren't any requirements to get those books, as opposed to the ones you get from artifact collections.

Rift Disciple

Dancing squirrels and just as a fun option, flaming dancing squirrels.
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    I wish there was a setting that could transform existing objects into dimension objects, but under the hood, dimension objects work differently than world objects, and getting them to do anything interactive requires extra steps. It's not difficult, it's just time consuming.

It will be the Meridian/Sanctum books that get the dimension treatment, but that's because there aren't any requirements to get those books, as opposed to the ones you get from artifact collections.
    Any chance that you could make the Artifact ones "unlockable" dim items, like with the Dimension Trophy artifact sets?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Rift Team

Maybe in the future. Adding those requirements are also time consuming, so I'd just as soon start with the lower hanging fruit, gauge the demand, and reassess at a later date.

If there was a chance of some textures you could apply to building modules, sort of wallpapers with a certain theme (guess related to the trophy\achievement), so you could say build a house and then decorate it with another roof color\texture or wallpapers inside the house, it would be nice:)

Tho I'm not sure if that is easier and less time consuming than just making new walls\pillars\roofs. But would be nice to either get themed bblocks, or just have an opportunity to unlock a texture set, like you unlock the Ember Isle event lamps etc.

Thank you:)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You don't think this would kill exploration and adventuring in Telara? Genuinely curious to understand thought processes as I've been asked my thoughts on this before maybe I can broaden my reply next time more thoughtfully with your insight
    I run a guild of over 5000+ members. No exaggeration. Now not all 5000 members are active, but lets say at least half. 80% of them have never heard of the puzzles in Rift. Although I have posted guides for them on our website, many do not frequent the website as much as I would like.

So you got these wonderful puzzles, that a good percent of the Rift population has never heard of. But if you add these to Dimensions. Bam!! win/win. And honestly, who wouldn't want puzzles as an option as part of their Dimension?
    Last edited by swordkata; 03-27-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Like always, I'm open to suggestions.

What would you like to see that is already in game, just doesn't exist as a Dimension Item?
    Well I have made another thread about this a few months ago. But there are a couple interactive items in the game that would be cool to see as dimension items, like the catapults in silverwood / stiilmoor. Really i'd just be happy with anything you wanna make more interactive.

Yay for interactive books though. I never thought of that, but now that i'm hearing it, that's genious.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I run a guild of over 5000+ members. No exaggeration. Now not all 5000 members are active, but lets say at least half. 80% of them have never heard of the puzzles in Rift. Although I have posted guides for them on our website, many do not frequent the website as much as I would like.

So you got these wonderful puzzles, that a good percent of the Rift population has never heard of. But if you add these to Dimensions. Bam!! win/win. And honestly, who wouldn't want puzzles as an option as part of their Dimension?
    Thanks for insight appreciate it, I love exploring any game and found it unique in Rift that we have puzzles and cairns as well as artifacts. I agree a better way for new players to realize we have puzzles in games would be great they are not highlighted enough or at all just not sure putting them in Dimensions is the answer.

Perhaps:
    • A blog post/stream on puzzles by who makes them and how they come up with the puzzles?
    • A Meta Achievement for completing all puzzles with a Dimension Item Reward/Portrait?
    • A beginners quest that has a big bag as a reward to locate the first puzzle faction dependent?
    • Revamping old world rewards beyond equipment considering people level so fast?
    • A guild quest puzzle that might be done only in guild dimension?
    Hmmm just thinking out loud
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-28-2015 at 06:27 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks for insight appreciate it, I love exploring any game and found it unique in Rift that we have puzzles and cairns as well as artifacts. I agree a better way for new players to realize we have puzzles in games would be great they are not highlighted enough or at all just not sure putting them in Dimensions is the answer.

Perhaps:
    • A blog post/stream on puzzles by who makes them and how they come up with the puzzles?
    • A Meta Achievement for completing all puzzles with a Dimension Item Reward/Portrait?
    • A beginners quest that has a big bag as a reward to locate the first puzzle faction dependent?
    • Revamping old world rewards beyond equipment considering people level so fast?
    • A guild quest puzzle that might be done only in guild dimension?
    Hmmm just thinking out loud
    The guild quest puzzle gets my thumbs up. Brilliant idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast