• 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Nouvae
  • 2 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By devanita
  • 1 Post By Ralitza

Thread: Glen of Monrylee on Hailol - complete rebuild

Default Glen of Monrylee on Hailol - complete rebuild

OK, so I wasn't 100% happy with my Glen of Monrylee dim (on Agrona@Hailol), so I packed the whole thing up and created it anew.

For those who are new to Glen of Monrylee, it is based on a story that has been in my head for many years.

Avaness, home of the El-Shee, now hidden behind a magickal barrier, had once waged war with Artanis, the human realm. During that war, a group of El-Shee found themselves trapped in Artanis and fled deep into the great forest of An Iar. Here, they build a settlement and are waiting for “Thamihaudin”, the home coming.

I focused most of my build on the forest and the river. If you like to take a stroll through the woods, feel free to drop by for a visit. Oh and the Temple has been changed a bit as well.

Glen of Monrylee Forest

Forest Critters large and small

Temple to Anu, Mother Goddess

Monrylee River

Henge and remnants of a magick battle. The El-Shee still leave flowers at the base of the Enchanted tree, who was once a person.

Enjoy your visit

I really love this glen, the river is marvelous and same the use of the terrains plans over it. Although you use differents terrains, rocks, plants and trees all fits very well and you get create a real atmosphere. Wonderful glen.

By the by, I'm not sure if is my problem, but I hear two Siren Song Music Box with a gap of one second

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Valarana!

If you are hearing two Siren songs, then it could be that you left a dim that also was playing the Siren song and for some reason it never disconnected. Or you entered and re-entered the dim too quickly. For some reason the siren song music box can act strangely. This never happens with any other music LOL. I assure you, I only have one music box in that dim

Ty for the walk through yesterday , great job on the new rebuild
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm Cernunns Gaulish

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

I liked it the first time I seen it!! I hope you didn't redo my outhouse...errrr House!

I'll be sure to stop by & see your changes Agrona

Thanks Odin! I appreciate your feedback and visit! Plus, we had a lot of fun afterwards!

And LOL Jayded... it has a cute mossy outhouse now hahaha Well, the first time I added more stuff than I wanted. I just wanted to concentrate on the forest and the settlement. So, no more castle or city walls... I might leave that for another dim hehe Plus, I feel the river feels more natural now.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 03-23-2015 at 01:00 PM.

I really enjoyed walking through you delightful forest and river, it's so relaxing. Nice work on the settlement too. I bet it was so much fun creating this while all the stories play out in your head : )

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Great work on the rebuild, loved the expanded wilderness and river.
    Last edited by Feendish; 03-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

The forest, river, and the village area are beautiful! Thank you for the tour, I enjoyed learning the story behind your inspiration.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 03-24-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Thank you all for your kind comments and for revisiting my Glen.

I really, really loved working on the forest and the river. It's pretty much where I spend most of my time and items on lol. Here a shrub, there a rock... every where a tree tree hahahaha

Although, I have to say, I'm rather pleased on how my new temple turned out. I just love the sound of water. It's very relaxing and calming.

I dropped by last night for a leisurely stroll through your beautiful forest. Very relaxing thing to do before bedtime. You did a wonderful job, and I love the Temple, too! It really brings the story to life!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I had the pleasure of revisiting your glen this afternoon! I loved wandering around, stopping to admire carefully placed ivy trailing up a tree trunk or mushrooms growing on a log, and thinking of the love that went into you creating this haven to match the one in that amazing storyteller's imagination of yours. You really captured the feeling of being deep within a woods that has a few tales of it's own to tell. Lovely rework!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

I really enjoyed the original and I love the rebuild! Very relaxing atmosphere and the temple is beautiful. Fantastic work Agrona!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

+ Reply to Thread