+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Tavril's Garden - Faeblight

Default Tavril's Garden - Faeblight

Hidden deep beneath the Sanctum of the Vigil lies Tavril's Garden, a small pocket of verdant life and beauty. Seeing the coming corruption of the Plane of Life, the Goddess hid away this small garden, a reminder of what Mathosia had been before Greenscale's corruption of the Life Plane. The other four Gods lent their blessings to the Garden as well - Bahralt constructed the door that protects it, Thontic keeps the way to the door hidden from all but the most worthy to find it, Thedeor's strength keeps the door secure, and Mariel-Taun's enchantment wards away any encroachment of corruption.

Powerful enchantments laid by generations of the faithful have also kept the Garden safe. While it is not entirely certain who among the Chosen of the Vigil know of its exact location, some suspect that Shyla Starhearth is one of them, as she sometimes returns to her duties smelling of flowers that are nowhere to be found in the Sanctum. Cuttings of plants from the Garden is allowed only at certain times of the year, and with certain rituals, but the salves made from these plants are some of the most potent on Telara.

Are you worthy enough to find your way to the Garden?

Tavril's Garden - Faeblight-2015-02-24_215227.jpg
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 02-24-2015 at 10:18 PM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Love the back story, Samuraiko! Can't wait to check out your dim tonight!!

Thanks! All of my dimensions have a story to them... I should post the others at some point.

(With the exception of Rael's Storehouse, which is where I stash all the stuff I might want for use in future dims.)

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

Your garden is beautiful and lovely, and even more enjoyable knowing the story to it. I hope you post your other works too.

Default Raelskye's other dims...

RAELSKYE'S REFUGE (Faeblight)

"Mathosia was destroyed... my family's holdings razed to the soil... the rifts were everywhere. And my blood, along with that of countless others, stained the grass and flowers of Thedeor Field. The Vigil brought me back... but they could not bring back Mathosia.

I fled.

Far, far to the east, as far from Mathosia as I could ride before reaching the sea, the Chosen of the Vigil built the Sanctum. I could not dwell there. Nor could I make my home in Silverwood. That belonged to the High Elves. But at the very edge of the Moonshade Highlands, among the Dwarves, who knew what it meant to lose their home... there could I dwell.

Mathosia was dead. But here... here in this small grove that I made my own... here would be life and beauty. And as I traveled Telara in the service of the Vigil, I brought back from my wanderings all manner of plants and flowers and seedlings. I raised shrines to the Vigil, and made my little grove a place of welcoming solace.

It is planar energy in perfect balance. Fire, earth, water, air, death, and life - all harnessed and balanced under the watchful eyes of the Vigil.

From my cottage window, I can see Sanctum. I can see the future."

Tavril's Garden - Faeblight-2015-02-25_211627.jpg

SAFE HARBOUR (Faeblight - still under a bit of construction)

The Guardians and Defiants have long been at odds with one another, but even in times of war, there can be flashes of peace. And the island known as Safe Harbour welcomes both with equal hospitality and trust. Set between the shores of Divine Landing and Warden's Point, the Harbour is recognized by both groups as neutral territory.

Built to promote trade and trust between the two, the Harbour boasts the Tower of Learning, shrines to both Guardian and Defiant ideologies, a currency exchange, a training hall, Peddlers Row, and its most well-known landmark, the Fortune's Winds Inn. Rooms are available for rent, the beds are warm, the hearth is bright, and food and drink flow freely here.

So gather your coins, set aside your cares, and weigh anchor in the Harbour. The Inn is always open.

Tavril's Garden - Faeblight-2015-02-25_213149.jpg

THE SOULSTREAM (Faeblight - Ultra Graphics recommended, but warning - thanks to the FX bugs, this dim can be a bit weird)

From the Soulstream, all are born. To the Soulstream, all return. Again and again, from one life to another, lives weaving an ever-changing, ever-flowing tapestry.

Here in the Soulstream, among the echoes and memories and ghosts of the past, stands a Cathedral. All around the Cathedral lie the graves of the mighty and the low, the great and the small. There is life and death in abundance here, and the eternal peace of the twilight that is neither day nor night. And above, the River of Souls flows from past to present, and from present unto eternity.

It is a place to meditate upon that which came before life, and that which comes after. There is peace in life. There is peace in death. And there is peace in the Soulstream.

But be careful if you visit here, Ascended. The mists are all around, and if you follow the lights, you may never find your way back... until it is time for you to be reborn.

Tavril's Garden - Faeblight-2015-02-25_213917.jpg

You ARE a writer, alright!!!! OMG I'm blown away by your amazing back stories! And the Soulstream... wow what an amazing idea! Or to combine all the elements of the planes into your Refuge dim... or to create a neutral meeting ground for Defiants and Guardians!

I got my list and I'm touring all your dims tonight!!

Thanks! Suggestions are always welcome... though I really need to get my rear in gear and finish my remaining ones (the Forgotten Library of the Planes, Kalmar Estate, and Aseur Tower).

Well done cool story with it as well .

Odin
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm Cernunns Gaulish

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

I couldn't recognize that this was even Breach Chamber at first! o3o

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmoon View Post
    I couldn't recognize that this was even Breach Chamber at first! o3o
    *grins*

That was the idea. I set myself the challenge of decorating a dim to the point of it being unrecognizable from its original look. Would you believe I did the majority of that dimension in the space of a single weekend?

Default Yet another Lore-inspired dim...

THE CELESTIAL REALM (Faeblight)

Some say the Gods of the Vigil abandoned us. Others, that they are trapped beyond the Ward. In either case, they say that the Gods are gone. But I do not accept that. And when I travelled to Ashenfell, and climbed the summit where rests Thedeor's Spear... I knew. When my hand touched the Spear, I saw in my mind a holy place from which the Gods had once looked down upon Ashenfell. And I swore I would not rest until I found it.

And find it I did.

It took me countless days of searching. Time has no meaning on the Comet of Anhket. But at last I found a place where the wind whispered to me. The flames of Ashenfell burned so brightly that I could not see, but my hand clasped the medallion of Thedeor around my throat. Despite the heat, the metal was cool against my hand, and I felt a sudden chill, as if the clean, clear winds of Iron Pine Peak blew around me.

"Welcome, our beloved lady saint."

I heard the Messenger's voice, as clear as the bells that toll the dawn in Sanctum.

"Angelic one... I cannot see."

"Step forward into the light, beloved. The Vigil guides your steps even now, as it has so often before."

I stepped forward, and as I felt the Messenger's arms around me, I took flight.

Tavril's Garden - Faeblight-2017-07-02_201141.jpg

Beautiful dims.
    I just want to know one secret if you can share : what did you use for the floor in the sky in Celestial Realm?

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Beautiful dims.
    I just want to know one secret if you can share : what did you use for the floor in the sky in Celestial Realm?
    All the way at the bottom is the Dreamweaver recipe 'Giant Lava Dome.' The 'floor' of the higher part are Invisible Tiles and 10 'Cloud Layers' stacked just above each other and randomly rotated to give the effect of the swirling clouds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast