• 3 Post By Agrona77
  • 4 Post By Nouvae
  • 4 Post By Ralitza
  • 4 Post By Fallingdown
  • 4 Post By ecume
  • 3 Post By Feendish

Thread: Hitting the Road - Group Tours & Solo Admiration

Red face Hitting the Road - Group Tours & Solo Admiration

I wanted to make a post about touring, because over the last couple of days I have done quite a lot of it.

Because of the morphing contest, I made a 'traveller' alt on every shard, including EU, where I had never visited before. What started off as solo touring then evolved into a group tour with a few of us all jumping on alts and visiting dims together - it was fun, we laughed a lot, we critiqued and we were inspired.

I know that I can get very caught up in my own builds, my own quest for that next piece of 'must have' item. Dimensioneers are making some incredible projects out there, and really thinking outside the box.

Perhaps I just wanted to say that there are some wonderful builds out that there that I am only discovering now, and it was well and truly worth the time it took to make the alts and shard hop.

My week will now include a regular "where will I go for to visit next" to find some inspiration and +1 the amazing talent out there.

Just wanted to share that, and encourage you to put down tools every now and then and see what is being made in other little corners of the shards.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Couldn't have said it better. Very nice post.

Touring the work of others, is the best way to learn how to do new things, and gain new insights in other ways of using items and doing things. It's also a great way to make community, as you meet other dimension builders, talk to them and get to know them, no matter on what shard they're on.

Diva and I (we've been in partnership for over a year with the DTC) met through dimension touring. Moonshade Pools and Beach Shell boobs were involved, that's all I'm going to say...

At any rate, thanks again Bella for a great post!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Kudos, Bellarosa, for having such an admirable attitude! I hope your idea inspires other builders to tour more frequently and to go beyond their own backyards!

We have some great new builders but not a lot of them are active tourists. Builders are at their best when they tour frequently, in friends' dims, guildees' dims, strangers' dims, guild dims, personal dims, on EU, on NA, new dims, and old dims. As for myself, I would not be able to continue building if I could not continue touring!

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    ― André Gide

Thank you for a great post, Bellarosa! I'd love to join you on one of your "where will I go next" tours!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Plane Touched

@feendish
    beach shell boobs????????

you brought them up, now I want to know!!

Bellarosa, I'm so happy to see you posting this! Touring dims is a great way to get inspired and it's so entertaining. Creating a new character takes like one minute. And the benefits are huge so it's totally worth the effort.

Excellent post Bella! I love touring dimensions. It's like I'm walking through museum after museum, discovering wonderful works of art. The creativity in our community always inspires me to challenge myself with each new dimension I build.

I also have touring alts on every server (EU and NA). Most of the time, I get home with a list of dims I want to visit, before I jump into the daily grind.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlann View Post
    @feendish
    beach shell boobs????????

you brought them up, now I want to know!!
    Once upon a time, there was a lady Dimensionerd who loved building fabulous dimensions, touring near and far, and helping other dimension people, but she also loved raiding, questing, PvP, artifact hunting, completing achievements, crafting, scoring event loot, studying class builds, testing new features on the PTS, running dimension contests, helping other players, being very active on the forums, working with other dimension mavens to support and build the growing dimension community, researching, and having every kind of fun with Rift. Here name was Feendish.

And there was also a weird, hermit lady who skulked around town, questing, crafting, failing on raids, ignoring events, and dying repeatedly on the PvP battlegrounds in her low-level gear. Her name was Diva. She kind of liked these new things called "dimensions: and she managed to get some building blocks and other junk she bought and stick it all together to make a few of these new fangled dimensions. After a couple of odd flops, and a few eyesores, she decided to build a dimension with a house, a giant chessboard, and a moldy old tomb. Nobody, including the weird, hermit lady knew why these unrelated things were in the same dimension, but people were too kind to ask.

One day, after lurking in the tomb for 16 hours sticking 247 dragon scales together to create a lumpy tail for her mustached mermaid statue with ginormous pointy beach shell boobs, the weird lady was surprised by a visitor! It was Feendish, who was touring all of Shatterbone that day. Feendish said "Hello!" and Diva slunk behind a large urn, "<grunt>" "This is an interesting place ..." said Feendish. "<nervous laughter>duh thanks," said the hermit. "Oh my, this is a very ... unique statue," Feendish said as she approached the odd creation. Just then, Feendish stumbled and her head slammed into the mermaid's rack, nearly blinding the poor Dimensionerd! Diva ran around the fallen dimension maven, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!" "No worries, I'm fine," said Feendish. "Those jugs are deadly!", Feendish smiled thinking to herself, "Whew, this goober needs help. I guess I have time to encourage her and be her friend. She seems harmless enough. Hmmm, I've never seen a level 58 wearing level 12 gear. Oh well. I better get back to my touring ...." "Thank you, Diva, for letting me tour your dimension. Have fun!" "Uh, sorry. <grunt> Bye."

And on that day, a great friendship was born, all thanks to some beach shell boobs!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    Once upon a time, there was a lady Dimensionerd who loved building fabulous dimensions, touring near and far, and helping other dimension people, but she also loved raiding, questing, PvP, artifact hunting, completing achievements, crafting, scoring event loot, studying class builds, testing new features on the PTS, running dimension contests, helping other players, being very active on the forums, working with other dimension mavens to support and build the growing dimension community, researching, and having every kind of fun with Rift. Here name was Feendish.

And there was also a weird, hermit lady who skulked around town, questing, crafting, failing on raids, ignoring events, and dying repeatedly on the PvP battlegrounds in her low-level gear. Her name was Diva. She kind of liked these new things called "dimensions: and she managed to get some building blocks and other junk she bought and stick it all together to make a few of these new fangled dimensions. After a couple of odd flops, and a few eyesores, she decided to build a dimension with a house, a giant chessboard, and a moldy old tomb. Nobody, including the weird, hermit lady knew why these unrelated things were in the same dimension, but people were too kind to ask.

One day, after lurking in the tomb for 16 hours sticking 247 dragon scales together to create a lumpy tail for her mustached mermaid statue with ginormous pointy beach shell boobs, the weird lady was surprised by a visitor! It was Feendish, who was touring all of Shatterbone that day. Feendish said "Hello!" and Diva slunk behind a large urn, "<grunt>" "This is an interesting place ..." said Feendish. "<nervous laughter>duh thanks," said the hermit. "Oh my, this is a very ... unique statue," Feendish said as she approached the odd creation. Just then, Feendish stumbled and her head slammed into the mermaid's rack, nearly blinding the poor Dimensionerd! Diva ran around the fallen dimension maven, "Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!" "No worries, I'm fine," said Feendish. "Those jugs are deadly!", Feendish smiled thinking to herself, "Whew, this goober needs help. I guess I have time to encourage her and be her friend. She seems harmless enough. Hmmm, I've never seen a level 58 wearing level 12 gear. Oh well. I better get back to my touring ...." "Thank you, Diva, for letting me tour your dimension. Have fun!" "Uh, sorry. <grunt> Bye."

And on that day, a great friendship was born, all thanks to some beach shell boobs!
    ROFLMAO... OMG Spud... you are toooooooo cute or toooooooo much? Either way, I guess that there, right there is why I love you, your creations, your amazing positive attitude, your willingness to help, your big heart, your wonderful imagination and your sense of humor!!!

LOL btw. was that Mermaid related to 1980's Madonna? hahahahaha

What a lovely post Bella. It is always nice to bump into visitors while I am in my dimensions, I think it's the highest compliment that someone would take the time out of their day to come see what I created and what others are working on.

I keep a running list right on my desk and throughout the week I take little trips to other shards, I find it to be very relaxing, it's like having a little art gallery right at our fingertips that we can go to anytime day or night.

Quote Originally Posted by DLPS View Post
    My week will now include a regular "where will I go for to visit next" to find some inspiration and +1 the amazing talent out there.
    If you ever need any help looking for specific places to visit, I've cataloged many dimensions here in the gallery directory (shameless plug ) and always looking to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post

Best ice-breaker ever! Getting stabbed in the face by beach shell boobs!
    You guys are hilarious, what a fun way to meet a new friend

During most contests us EU guys get ourselves on voice chat and have a whale of a time touring (and sometimes drinking...or maybe its just me drinking!) I think its really important to tour other peoples creations, not only are they inspiring but like has already been said, you get to meet some of the amazing people behind the dimensions. I'm behind on touring due to real life stuff at the minute, but I can't see my desktop due to the mass of sticky notes!
    I love that contests get people out touring and meeting new people, so nice to bump into other tourists!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Default Bella, you are the best

As someone who had the pleasure to be in that touring group with you, I just want to thank you. Between your sweet admiration for everything, your husband Malori's honest critiques (and patience for our dance parties) and Sprynk's gushing enthusiasm, it was the single most fun evening that I have ever spent in the game. Something that I very much want to do again, over and over.

I am in complete awe of the talent of this community that I am very new to. I want to bask in the radiance of your light and revel in your wonders. I have made a character on each EU shard under the name Pinkorbust, and plan on very soon leveling them all to 10 so that I can +1 all your creations. Please, if so inclined, add me to your friends list and if you see me on, invite me to your dimension. Sprynk has expressed the desire to do the same, since it is so much fun to tour together (even if they keep stopping us at customs and losing our luggage)

xoxo,
    Pinkmink

That's the best way to do things : Touring with friends.

Having fun is the light of life.

I wonder if there is a bus stop for car-dimensionneer-touring. I will gladly take my ticket to hear you and share with all of you. Be it with skype, ventrilo or just random rift channel .

Touring open your eyes on a lot of things and to do it both on us and eu is a must . It will give you inspiration, blow your mind on some works , make you laugh happily sometimes

That is why i'm grateful for things like contests, forums and web- site like "dimensiontouring" because it help people to open themselves to others works more easily, give them the curiosity to tour and it increases the quality of their works and our pleasure to see them all

Keep going !
    Last edited by ecume; 02-02-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Default Dimension channel for EU?

All of our little group and many other new friends met on the Dimensionaddicts@Deepwood chat channel where we trade items in need, entertain each other and call out for help or support. Is there a similar chat channel on the EU shards that future tourists can join to ask for invites, recommendations, or perhaps a friendly guide?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallingdown View Post
    All of our little group and many other new friends met on the Dimensionaddicts@Deepwood chat channel where we trade items in need, entertain each other and call out for help or support. Is there a similar chat channel on the EU shards that future tourists can join to ask for invites, recommendations, or perhaps a friendly guide?
    dimensionaddicts@zaviel is the EU channel.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread