+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New interactive Dimension items from the Rhen of Fate chronicle

General of Telara

Default New interactive Dimension items from the Rhen of Fate chronicle

Has anyone been able to get them yet on live? I've been unable to finish the chronicle myself, still working out the kinks to the mechanics.

General of Telara

Well, I take it from the last of the responses that no one has got the new interactive Dim items. Just found out that in order to obtain these items, you have to complete the Rhen of fate on hard mode. Really?

I'm sure a good majority of Dim-builders are not raid geared enough to do this.

To the devs: Fail. Big time fail, to hide these behind an extremely hard chronicle that is challenging for the best geared players. Plus making them soul-bound so no one can get then via the AH.

I have the little green animal from the hard mode (I sont know the english name) you can see it in my dimension "Stockage" by Moystia on Brisesol if you want to see how it's animated.

My guild didnt finish the 10 yet raid so I'm not raid geared, just donjon geared, but if you go there with a friend that is not afraid to die an try again it's not so difficult.
    Last edited by Moystia; 02-01-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Moystia <L'Ordre Draconique> - Brisesol

I have seen people in my guild getting the achievements and none of them are raid geared either. I have all achievements from the old chronicles and the only way I got it was by being persistent and keep trying (and I had an amazing chronicle partner!).

Just my personal opinion, I think it adds to an item being more "special" when you have to work hard for it. I'm happy they are recognising how popular the dimension spec of the game is and decide to reward us with dimension goods instead of companion pets.
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

It's too difficult for me. My stuff is very correct for what I do every day in the game, but I'm not a pgm.

I started the chronicle with a friend and I was surprised by the difficulty of the first group ... Then we died and died and died again on the first boss. I was so embarassed, because my friend only likes pvp and came just to help me getting the items dimensions >.<

I don't want to call a friend anymore to help me, because it will be a death trap for him/her, so I decided to move along and hope Trion will give us another way to get those items.

At least I think I could be patient and wait after the next extension, to go in this chronicle when I will be 70 ^^
    Last edited by Louvinette; 02-01-2015 at 03:35 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I'm sure a good majority of Dim-builders are not raid geared enough to do this.
    I'm geared for questing in NT and building trailer parks, ant farms. and vacation homes for sugar daddies. People can dismiss my opinion because it has been my own choice to play this way but why can't there be more options for how to get these and other very desirable items? Options for the raiders, the soloers, and the spenders? Elitism sucks.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Louvinette View Post
    It's too difficult for me. My stuff is very correct for what I do every day in the game, but I'm not a pgm.

I started the chronicle with a friend and I was surprised by the difficulty of the first group ... Then we died and died and died again on the first boss. I was so embarassed, because my friend only likes pvp and came just to help me getting the items dimensions >.<

I don't want to call a friend anymore to help me, because it will be a death trap for him/her, so I decided to move along and hope Trion will give us another way to get those items.

At least I think I could be patient and wait after the next extension, to go in this chronicle when I will be 70 ^^
    You're on Brisesol, aren't you? When I get myself to do it once or twice, I'll take you there and see if we can get it done for you some time. I'm raid geared, so should be able to pull us through

Default Dimensioneering first, gearing second

Although I understand the value in working hard for something special, I am of the opinion that those who want that 'something special' should at least have a reasonable chance of achieving it.

I would hazard a guess to say that there may be a few dimensioneers like myself who do not focus on gearing up. I used to raid and used to run dungeons regularly, however those days are long past. I found them particularly stressful and for me, my joy in Rift now comes from dimensions. I am not in a guild that raids or runs dungeons, I am in my own, and I play casually, which suits me perfectly.

I have just returned to game, and when I read that special dimension items were locked behind achievements that required gearing I realised I would probably not be getting them. I wonder why, when the demographic for these items probably have a focus NOT on raiding/dungeons/gear, they make it a requirement to get them?

As previously stated, they will not be available on the AH either, which is usually my only option for things such as this.

These are just my thoughts on this. I doubt they will change it, but I can only hope.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

I used to live for hard mode progress and chasing gear in another game. These days I am not so focussed when it comes to brutal mechanics etc. While I appreciate a challenge and don't think that the chronicle should be nerfed. I do believe that the items should NOT be soulbound. Heck even if they were account bound it would be a start. Some of my dims are on characters that will probably never even see level 65 let alone be able to pull the insane numbers required for some of the hard modes.

I foresee a lot of lovely items being lost in banks or even destroyed by people who likely have as much interest in building a dimension populated with some sort of life as I have in getting world first clear of Tyrant's Throne... Just let us folks who aren't seasoned professionals and enjoy working with the form of artistic medium provided by your game buy them from the folks who obliterate bosses with their eyes closed and one hand holding a pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    You're on Brisesol, aren't you? When I get myself to do it once or twice, I'll take you there and see if we can get it done for you some time. I'm raid geared, so should be able to pull us through
    Thank you Ailene

10000000000000000000% agree with you all here!

I actually hate the fact that a lot of dimension items are locked behind dungeon/raid achievements! Seriously? WHY? Most raiders could care less about dimension items or artifacts that unlock dim items.

It was a stupid move from the devs to do this. I'm sorry, usually I'm not so negative and I appreciate what Trion is doing, but this, yea not a very wise decision.

Infintiy gate collection... I have never set foot into that dungeon and I don't plan to. Why can't this be unlocked via artifacts? Why do I have to have silly dungeon achievements??

I've only done SL raids, and only a handful of SLE's. Never set foot into a NTE or NT raid. I finished the solo chronicle (after dying like 10 times on the final boss psh).

Sure hope Trion will review this part of the dimension store and make some changes and/or at least don't hide any more items behind a dungeon/raid wall.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    I'm geared for questing in NT and building trailer parks, ant farms. and vacation homes for sugar daddies. People can dismiss my opinion because it has been my own choice to play this way but why can't there be more options for how to get these and other very desirable items? Options for the raiders, the soloers, and the spenders? Elitism sucks.
    Absolutely this.

And then they say (who it was, Daglar?) in that other thread about how bad Rift community is that they can do nothing about the community.
    Yet the entire game favors elitism, gear envy and antisocial behavior coming out of that. Dimension items unavailable to soloers are just a prime example.

I wouldn't raid/do instances/do chronicles if it was the only way to get clothing so I didn't have to run around naked!

I was so disappointed to find out that there's no way you can solo the instance to get the dim items.... very elitist, and it sucks.

Come on Mort - give over. I'm sure there are raiders who do dims too, but I bet not as many of us as "otherwise".
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Oh I didn't realize they were soulbound. That means I can't put them in the dims of my builder alt (who is lvl23). Anyway, this whole thing reminds me of when they added the expert dungeon artifact sets, which were needed to access some of the nicest dimension items and the dimension community was very disappointed then.
    In my experience, the players who run dungeons/raids/chronicles, and the players who build dimensions are generally not the same people (there are exceptions yes).

Let me quote one post by Ellekat from the expert-artifact-set thread from 11-07-2013.
    Game companies need to realize that the MMO demographic is changing. No longer are MMOs the sole province of high school and college aged males who have the time and the stamina to grind all day and raid all night. There are now many older gamers with jobs and/or family responsibilities whose time is limited. There are many stay at home moms, retired people, people with disabilities or chronic illnesses playing in MMOs. There will be many in these groups that are unable to run raids/dungeons for one reason or another. A lot of these people will wind up feeling alienated if more and more things are made contingent on running dungeons/raids.
    That is all past tense now, because since then most of us farmed enough plat to buy those artifacts from the AH and unlocked the items. (Minions started bringing them too lately which is nice.)
    This latest instance doesn't bother me much because if I can't complete those achievements, then I'll have to do without a dimension npc, big deal, I will survive : )

But just wanting this opinion to be heard by the devs, that it is not the best route to add new items.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Its been two years, the progression of special Dimension items have had the same path however these ones are the most fairest. it could be worse they could be in 10 and 20 man raids. It's nice also this chronicle can be done in pairs.

We have Dim builders working together (forming guilds, databases, gearing) that only build to get the gear and learn the chronicle, this is exciting because they are having fun doing it. Dimension chat is exploding at the moment with players coming together to raid and come up with ways to enjoy more than just building. I'm leveling to 65 on another character to get in there also and to PvP.

There are now also guides being put out and I'll share Seatins Rhen Of Fate Guides.

All this because of Rhen of Fate chronicle, I see more positives than negatives that are exciting and yes putting us often out of our comfort zones as a game should do because its fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast