+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Gothic Haven

Default Gothic Haven

Gothic Haven is finally finished! This build was a lot of fun but also very stressful for me. When I first decided to make a gothic dimension I decided to do it for my sister. She is gothic in real life and because of her appearance has had many trials and tribulations that she has survived and conquered. I wanted to create a place that, if existed in real life, would be a place that she would want to go to "get away from it all".

When I began planning this build I knew a few things for sure. I knew I wanted mostly detailed architecture to be featured. I knew I wanted it to feel eerie yet calming at the same time. Finally, I knew that I wanted my sister to love it!

This build took me a long time to create the look and feel that I wanted. I hope that everyone enjoys it!

Name: Kalrei
    Title: Gothic Haven
    Shard: Greybrier
    Last edited by Kalrei; 01-28-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

Here are a couple of pics of Gothic Haven
    Gothic Haven-gothic-haven22.jpgGothic Haven-gothic-haven11.jpg
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Simply stunning. The things you can do with building blocks and gravestones...WOW.

I loved this masterpiece and thank you for sharing a bit of the story behind it.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

That's beautiful! Makes me imagine what I could roleplay with there, if I actually was a roleplayer haha.

Wow! Absolutely stunning! The details in the structure and the stone work are beautiful and I love the roofs of the stone gazebos! I can see why this took you a while to build, but it was so worth it! I'm betting your sister will be wishing this place existed in real life, because I certainly do!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

This is an amazing build, and a fantastic example of how to morph structures. Just wow.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Thank you for sharing such personal details. The dimension is lovely! I love the gothic theme, it's sort of sad and romantic at the same time. Very ambivalent. I love it!
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

You have created an immensely beautiful scenery and I'm sure all dimensioneers will agree you have achieved your goal perfectly. It is calm and melancholic at the same time. Relaxing because of the serene beauty and a bit sad because most parts of it speak of mortality and the passing of time. I don't mean just the cemetery, but the weathered look of the walls, the patina of the gravestones, and all the vegetation and roots taking over the old structures. And even that there's some missing flowers in some planters, like the garden hasn't been tended to in a while. I remember you first mentioning to me you wanted to build this, around last summer, and I'm so happy it's finally done, so I can visit it whenever I feel I need some quiet time while on Greybriar : )

A really beautiful work .

Mist on the Graves
    Jump in the time with timeless stones building.

This dimension is incredibly beautiful....truly a masterpiece as Feendish said. I have only dreamed of being able to build something like this, but didn't have a clue what to use or where to start. I will probably never do it, but thanks for showing me that it really can be done!

Your creation is truly amazing and deserves about a million plus ones!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Thank you all for your kind words! I am very glad to see that people like this dimension and that it is being seen the way that I was hoping that it would be :-)

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

These monuments have weathered the elements, the passage of time, and the agony of grief. The caretaker has long gone yet the beauty and grace of this sanctuary endures. The souls here are peaceful, having long ago released any vestiges of sadness, distress, and regret All that is left now is the quiet, wistful calm of eternal repose.

I think the atmosphere you have created here is beautiful, tranquil, and pensive; my idea of a true haven. This is a very creative and marvelous build, Kalrei! Kudos on an amazing dimension!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I will start with a quote from one of my favorite persons, a champion of individualism. This is for your sister (I have one too and I will always, always be her champion as well).

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson (May 25, 1803 – April 27, 1882) American essayist, lecturer, and poet.

I've visited your dimension last night and fell in love, once more, with your amazing building style. I proudly display your Gothic Fountain in one of my dims and it is sooooooo perfect.

The whole atmosphere in Gothic Haven is incredible. It is a sweet sadness that envelopes the space, but yet I also feel I can rest there and leave the cares of the world behind.

Amazing dimension! Wonderfully done, Kalrei. And say hello to your sis from me!

Default Simply stunning

I popped over to take a look at this build and I am still in awe of the feelings it invoked as soon as I arrived. Such beautiful work to not only create unique, incredibly morphed buildings and features, but attention to detail and placement to give the space a definite feel to match. Your work, and builds like this, inspire me to push the boundaries and keep on building.

Well done, simply stunning in concept and execution.

Bellarosa
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Incredibly stunning Kalrei, I found your little haven to have a peaceful purity that is just indescribable in it's overall beauty and atmosphere. The architecture is perfection, I must echo what others have said, a masterpiece. ...and your fountain is just beautiful here too.

Last edited by Nouvae; 01-30-2015 at 12:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast