+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: what the heck??? dimension cut off

Telaran

Angry what the heck??? dimension cut off

My character, Tsiva, on wolfsbane, has the Crypt dimension that came out this past Halloween. It has the dungeon below the Church. I've put several hundred items in the lowest areas of that dungeon -- and I logged in after the patch, and there are two giant black rocks molded in the passage preventing me from getting down there?!?

What the heck is going on? Did you just gut the dimension's area and trash all the work and stuff we had in that huge area? Or something else?

Someone please respond. It was bad enough when they cut the Iron Pine peak dimension so the one end of the bridge became utterly useless. But this is ridiculous.

Red face

Patience.

I'm sure none of the Rift team members wanted this to happen, they'll most likely find the error/mistake soon enough and will get fixed, all it requires is a bit of time. As you may know, with patches also come bugs, etc. I'm sure they're doing their best to make this patch come out well for everyone.

Cheers.
    No face which we can give to a matter will stead us so well as the truth.

submit a bug report

Telaran

Default patience...

Is what I was told to have a year ago when they cut the Iron Pines Peak dimension. Still waiting for that one.

But even that doesn't rival this. A nicely-molded what looks like pair of black rocks fitted into the passageway. I can't select them. I have to assume they were put there by the devs and that this is yet another gutting of a dimension.

The Iron Pine Peaks snipping didn't gut the design of the overall place, however. This cut access to most of the dungeon, though my items are still showing as deployed (all 300+ in that very large area).

If it's a glitch (strange glitch, that puts perfectly-molded rocks across the passage, but I'll play along), then please get it fixed.

If it's another snip-snip of a dimension (though this would be more like wholesale gutting as opposed to just trimming), please undo it. I put far too much effort into developing those areas in the dungeon (per the advice of the description of the dimension, which talks all about the size of the dungeon lending itself to mazes, a description that no longer applies since they removed all of the areas that actually did that) to just see it all trashed.

Devs: please respond and tell us what just happened and, if deliberate, why. I put my heart and soul, just like everyone else in this forum, into my dimensions and I do not appreciate this at all.

Telaran

Default whee, fun

The new free camera is interesting. Most interestingly, I can use that camera to go right through that barrier Trion put in and see how all my stuff is still where it was and how all of it is still back there, behind the barrier.

Trion Devs: remove that stupid barrier. Or have the courtesy, when you're going to trash people's heartfelt efforts, to tell us AHEAD OF TIME.

Kudos on the camera, though.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    My character, Tsiva, on wolfsbane, has the Crypt dimension that came out this past Halloween. It has the dungeon below the Church. I've put several hundred items in the lowest areas of that dungeon -- and I logged in after the patch, and there are two giant black rocks molded in the passage preventing me from getting down there?!?

What the heck is going on? Did you just gut the dimension's area and trash all the work and stuff we had in that huge area? Or something else?

Someone please respond. It was bad enough when they cut the Iron Pine peak dimension so the one end of the bridge became utterly useless. But this is ridiculous.
    What's the name of the dimension type? Key to Dimension: Namehere

Telaran

Default name of dimension

Reply to Dev: The proper name of the dimension is Harrow Crypt. I've checked out other people's dimensions of the Crypt and they all have the same blockage in the passageway... so it isn't just me.

Default Dim-Harrow Crypt

Yep I just checked the one I have on an alt and there is a HUGE rock blocking the bottom part of the crypt where I also have a lot of item...

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Also submitted a bug report for my Dimension Key: Harrow Crypt...where my entire build is in the subterranean section--now behind some big rocks.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Telaran

You know, when they promised us big changes to dimensions coming soon, I didn't think CUTTING OUT A LARGE CHUNK OF ONE would be one of the big changes. >_>

I got an idea. How about you make those giant rocks interactive? Put a lever nearby that people can pull to make the rocks open up like doors or something?

Telaran

Default nice description...

I love how, if you hover over the Harrow Crypt icon in your dimension list, it describes the dungeon part as being great for mazes.

Yup, it... was. The dungeon isn't remotely suitable for mazes of any sort (it becomes quite linear with the barrier) with their barrier in place. If this change remains, they really need to re-do that description completely.

I'd rather you just undo what you did and give us back the dimension we love and into which we have put so much effort.

Telaran

Default Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
    You know, when they promised us big changes to dimensions coming soon, I didn't think CUTTING OUT A LARGE CHUNK OF ONE would be one of the big changes. >_>

I got an idea. How about you make those giant rocks interactive? Put a lever nearby that people can pull to make the rocks open up like doors or something?
    Now THAT is an excellent suggestion. I'd redo what I have in the passageway happily if they wanted to turn that barrier into a secret door. As long as we can get back to the full area...

Very nice idea. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    I love how, if you hover over the Harrow Crypt icon in your dimension list, it describes the dungeon part as being great for mazes.

Yup, it... was. The dungeon isn't remotely suitable for mazes of any sort (it becomes quite linear with the barrier) with their barrier in place. If this change remains, they really need to re-do that description completely.

I'd rather you just undo what you did and give us back the dimension we love and into which we have put so much effort.
    Or you could just wait for them to see if it was an accident that it got cut off and for them to fix it before complaining, especially since Gingers' response seems to indicate they weren't aware that this was an issue, and therefore not deliberate.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Sword of Telara

It has to be a mistake (it better be). This is the dimension I've been working on for a while, and all my stuff is underground. I'm lucky though because I placed my entry point inside the cavern at the top of the ramp, so I port right into it and everything below is still intact.

So once we get confirmation this was an unintended bug and will be corrected, you can get back to your stuff, because if it's like mine, it's still there, just behind those rocks.

Telaran

Default camera

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    It has to be a mistake (it better be). This is the dimension I've been working on for a while, and all my stuff is underground. I'm lucky though because I placed my entry point inside the cavern at the top of the ramp, so I port right into it and everything below is still intact.

So once we get confirmation this was an unintended bug and will be corrected, you can get back to your stuff, because if it's like mine, it's still there, just behind those rocks.
    Yeah, I checked using the new free-floating camera, it moves through anything, including that barrier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast