+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: what the heck??? dimension cut off

(yet)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    Reply to Dev: The proper name of the dimension is Harrow Crypt. I've checked out other people's dimensions of the Crypt and they all have the same blockage in the passageway... so it isn't just me.
    Thank you for the information. This sounds like a bug and I've passed along the report.

Telaran

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Thank you for the information. This sounds like a bug and I've passed along the report.
    I am a bit puzzled what kind of bug produces a precisely-sculpted barrier in place, but for all that, I appreciate your efforts and timeliness with this and look forward to everyone being able to use this dimension to its fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Redspyder View Post
    I am a bit puzzled what kind of bug produces a precisely-sculpted barrier in place, but for all that, I appreciate your efforts and timeliness with this and look forward to everyone being able to use this dimension to its fullest.
    Is there a Chronicle or instanced quest that happens here? It might be that THAT map got loaded up instead, where this would normally be blocked off... just a thought.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Is there a Chronicle or instanced quest that happens here? It might be that THAT map got loaded up instead, where this would normally be blocked off... just a thought.
    Something like that is my guess as well.

Rift Disciple

Dim: Harrow Crypt. As many have stated, can no longer gain access to the underground part (thus most of my build) In addition I was using a custom start place inside the dim but hear the edge. It is now *outside* the dim... (so the size changed too)
    Last edited by Neoga Wynd; 01-28-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Telaran

Default oh for the love of...

Just checked the rest of the dimension and yeah, there's a huge cut in the above-ground area, too. I can re-sculpt the stuff up there if I have to. The underground area has to be accessible -- at least to me -- or the dimension is unusable. The cut, the shrinking of the perimeter, in the above-ground area I can live with, though I'm not particularly fond of it, either.

So, add that to the list of problems, and hopefully we'll at least get the underground area back.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    Dim: Harrow Crypt. As many have stated, can no longer gain access to the underground part (thus most of my build) In addition I was using a custom start place inside the dim but hear the edge. It is now *outside* the dim... (so the size changed too)
    Thanks for the info, I've added that detail about the perimeter shrinking to the bug report as well.

Rift Disciple

Thanks Ginger Its appreciated.
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Telaran

Default oof

Just ran the whole perimeter above-ground -- it's a major cut along the edge, swallows up a lot of ground. Very annoying, as I'd constructed walls and set buildings and trees along the old perimeter -- which is now all standing behind the new perimeter.

Come on, folks, why would you cut and dice this up like this? I hope it's a mistake and I hope it's rectified quickly...

The dimension as it is now with the barrier and less area above-ground is not adequate.

Regarding Harrow Crypt, I built my dimension on the far side in the field past the bridge, the border has come in quite a ways that my whole structure is now outside the border.

If you need reference: Mystics Dream on Hailol - the border was originally just past the building.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 01-28-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Telaran

Default irritating

It's irritating when they take the scissors out and snip-snip dimensions. The Iron Pine Peak one included the long rope bridge and originally had enough room at both ends to make the bridge feasible to use. Then they cut the one end so close that it's virtually pointless.

But that is nothing compared to the wholesale slaughter that's taken place with Harrow Crypt. Cutting off access to the largest part of the dungeon and then slicing away above-ground as well -- I hope this was a glitch, because if it was deliberate it's the dumbest of all their "shrinkings" of dimensions so far.

So hopefully we'll hear back from a Dev that yes, the dimension is being restored to what it was. I don't like the above-ground cutting but losing the bulk of the underground is the unforgivable part.

I experimented with the free camera a bit last night in a couple dimensions and it appears the purple camera boundary is a lot farther inside the dimension than the green cylinder. It makes me wonder if the boundaries have been re-drawn for the camera or if they were just placeholders that went live...
    Last edited by Jaedor; 01-29-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    I experimented with the free camera a bit last night in a couple dimensions and it appears the purple camera boundary is a lot farther inside the dimension than the green cylinder. It makes me wonder if the boundaries have been re-drawn for the camera or if they were just placeholders that went live...
    The purple boundary seems to be a fixed distance away from your character. For instance when I was in a high room, I was not able to take it all the way down to ground level before my screen went purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    The purple boundary seems to be a fixed distance away from your character. For instance when I was in a high room, I was not able to take it all the way down to ground level before my screen went purple.
    Ah ok, that would explain it. I'll play around some more today - thanks Marly.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast