+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kahlann
  • 1 Post By Imrielle

Thread: to devs :dimension settings changed somehow, how?

Plane Touched

Default to devs :dimension settings changed somehow, how?

I visited my guild dimension on zaviel yesterday (star wars, that is no moon) with a few people and I noticed a lot of items floating in mid air. Since my guild is more or less deserted with only one other person left who could make changes, I am curious as to how this can be.
    I am sure I never did and Naylanna, who is a dimensioneer herself didnt either.
    Was my acount hacked somehow, or hers? But then, how can we play normally and log on as normal.
    The permissions were set to open for public and allowing moving as well.

Even if permissions were on, why would people mess up other people's creations ??

I made repairs yesterday and turned of the moving permission.
    It wasnt a bug at my end because I had 3 other people with me, one of which was Seyler, and she saw it as well.

Any idea as to how this could have happened?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlann View Post
    ... snip ...
    Was my acount hacked somehow, or hers? But then, how can we play normally and log on as normal.
    The permissions were set to open for public and allowing moving as well.

Even if permissions were on, why would people mess up other people's creations ??

... snip ...

Any idea as to how this could have happened?
    "The permissions were set to open for public and allowing moving as well."

I'm sad to say, you weren't hacked, this is the reason things moved.

In general, people are nice, however - in games with housing, its not uncommon to find a troll who will look for houses that are "unlocked", so to speak, and mess them up. I haven't personally run into this in Rift yet, but I *have* had this happen in other games with housing.

I do this, myself, to peoples storage dims, in a manner of speaking. When I'm eating and need something to occupy my time, I look for storage dims I can move items in and I tidy them (Kiwi, I'm looking at you, your junkyard!).
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    "The permissions were set to open for public and allowing moving as well."

I'm sad to say, you weren't hacked, this is the reason things moved.
    I think that Kahlann is saying that it wasnt originally set as that way, but it was changed to be open for public and allowing moving things, if I understood the post correctly

Dimensions: Summer Cottage@Gelidra, Twisted Fairytale@Gelidra, T.A.R.D.I.S@Gelidra, Desperation@Gelidra, 11:th Hour@Gelidra, Bunny Suicides@Gelidra, Lost@Gelidra / By Avalania: Mad Doctors lab@Gelidra,

Plane Touched

@ sarima: exactly that

Sometimes, when I change a dimension for another one in my liste, or when I do nothing ( ), the permissions of the others dimensions change. Since months, I watch every day the permissions of my dimensions.

I can't help you, but I trust you when you talk about a bug.

Soulwalker

theres something weird that things happend too the guild dim its on a diffrent page to your personal dims... so it should not change anything if you change something with your personal stuff.... I cant think of how this could happend in a logical way.

its just so sad that it happened to the home for my alts nad former home to my main..

+ Reply to Thread