+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Tortuga - Brethren of the Coast (Hailol on Brianan)

Default Tortuga - Brethren of the Coast (Hailol on Brianan)

Shiver me Timbers, shiver me sails... Dead Men tell no tales!

This dimension was inspired by a Pirate short story I wrote a while ago. I've always been fascinated by 16th century Tortuga and Port Royal.

Yo ho ho me hearties, it's a Pirate's life for all of us!

Cap'n Agrona and her First Mate Brianan welcome you to Tortuga!

Past the docks, you'll find Shanty Town and Madame Aurora's house of ill repute.

Be careful what you drink in the Seadog Tavern... I hear Shanghai Pete is in town!

Avast ye, there be buried treasure near Shipwreck Cove.

The waters around Tortuga are rich for the plunder. Spanish Merchant ships beware!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 12-01-2016 at 08:15 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Loved it! It seems like you had a great time with this dimension, and I certainly had a great time touring it--right up until I got Shanghaied!

Great work!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

When somebody has a fantastic time building a dimension, it really shows! This is so creative and so much fun. I love how you used the PvP flag to transport people to .... I won't reveal the secret .... a destination with excitement and danger! Kudos on a great dimension filled with adventure and fun!

Spudkin and I award you 100 gold dubloons! Sorry, they are virtual dubloons ....

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Yarrrrrr!! What a cool village, I totally got immersed in the atmosphere, love how you transformed the whole place. Super idea. Favorite parts are shanty town and the ship. So well made!

Have you had trouble with the time of day and the teleport? Having just finished a shoreward island build myself (a different kind of adventure : D), I had both bugging out which was annoying.

Congratulations on such an excellent build!

WOW!!!, Incredible this dimension and the other one Cormac, I love the perfect enviroment in both dimensions.

Tortuga looks a distant island with a beautiful fishing village, as I say, perfect enviroment.

For the other hand, your spanish ship surprised me, the idea to do ship's ropes is fantastic.

Great job, and, the spaniards are good people :P, at least in Madrid, jejejeje.

What an adventure you have created here! So much to explore and many little details all around, even underwater, you really transformed Shoreward into a real Caribbean island! Shanty Town & Tavern, and the surprise drink .. loved it!

Thank ye all, ye landlubbers!

I really appreciate all your visits and comments. It warms my heart when one of my dims brings a smile to your faces and stirs your imaginations!

As for the Spanish ship... it's the one that's burning actually hehehehe The other one is the feared "Black Rose", scourge of the Spanish Main! ARRRRR

@ Seyler: YES major issues with both TOD and the PVP flag! I submitted an error report for both. The TOD is 7 PM and works on the island but if you swim closer to the "Wreck of the Endeavor", it changes back to the regular dim time.

And when you use the PVP flag, you can't vote anymore, or see the owner's name and your item count shows like -0 lol.

I take yer doubloons and trade ye two pieces of eight, Cap'n Spud!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 01-24-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    And when you use the PVP flag, you can't vote anymore, or see the owner's name and your item count shows like -0 lol.
    Exactly! It's like it has ported you to another instance of the same dim and it can't decide if it even exists...
    And with the ToD in mine, it stops working even ON the island, at the flat part in the middle, if you put one down it just flickers on for a microsecond and then its off >.<
    Anyway, again nice work, dimensionaarrrrrrr!

Plane Touched

heya, I have tried entering a lot of times but i keep getting stuck underneath a scaffold stair and near some rocks. You think you could make a sneak out way for the unfortunates like me?
    I tried jumping, reloading, etc the usual but no luck sofar

You sneaky no good tar n feathered yellow belly bushwhacken barnacle bilge rat , Haha had to
    i love it every inch , you three legged chum-bucket gobbler , haha why cant it be talk like a pirate day i want to swear damn it to tar nations ,* (FIRE) ,..helmsmen turn about 1/4 speed come along for another broadside load the grape you powder monkeys.
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

Thank ye, fer yer visit, Odin, ye barnacle crusted scallywag!

@ Kahlann - I'm so sorry you had issues with the entry point. I've tested it on all my characters and so far never had an issue. I'll see what I can do.

@ Seyler: Did you also submit a bug report? Hopefully, the more they get, the sooner they will look into this issue!

Looks wonderful Agrona! I'll be sure to visit tonight

I visited last night & It was awesome Agrona! I love your little villages you have in your dims. Very nice Although I didn't find an outhouse in this one that I wanted to call home! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    I visited last night & It was awesome Agrona! I love your little villages you have in your dims. Very nice Although I didn't find an outhouse in this one that I wanted to call home! LOL
    LOL Jayded - the outhouse is closed! (or you can use the little cove below the town hahahahahaha, just don't soil the fresh water pond)

Thanks for your visit!

About the pvp start/join items, when I was testing them out in Mystics Dream I found that if I placed the start point and join flag too far away from each other when I clicked on the join flag the entire dimension was reloading, I would get a load screen and I remember the +1 bug as well. I had to move the points closer together and this removed the issue. You might test that in Shoreward Island, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShift1 View Post
    You sneaky no good tar n feathered yellow belly bushwhacken barnacle bilge rat , Haha had to
    i love it every inch , you three legged chum-bucket gobbler , haha why cant it be talk like a pirate day i want to swear damn it to tar nations ,* (FIRE) ,..helmsmen turn about 1/4 speed come along for another broadside load the grape you powder monkeys.
    This made me giggle, I wish we could talk this way everyday. haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast