+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Who's bright idea is it to put Dimensions in the game?

Default Who's bright idea is it to put Dimensions in the game?

What purpose do these Dimensions have in the game...I mean really? All these useless Dimension items taking up space in my bags...I am forced into the Dimension adventures with the minion games. Even the loyalty rewards crate comes with Dimension mumbo jumbo. Give us a choice of the path we want to go. Dimensions, Crafting, Planar rewards, etc. I for one am trying to improve my characters...anything else is a waste. I have better things to do than waste my time decorating a make believe house that offers no other benefit outside of, "look at my Dimension!" If we had some other reason to hang out there, like, extra storage space, or free respecs, etc I might feel differently. I can get rid of my dimension items easily enough, but I would've rather had stuff I can use instead.

Plane Touched

They're good for a quick & easy-to-access personalized build testing/parsing area on live.

For a lot of people it's simply another form of art, they enjoy building something, etc.

Every shard has a take a penny, leave a penny dimension where you can drop any dimension items you don't want in your bags. If that's too much effort, vendor or destroy it....Simples
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Rift Chaser

The purpose of dimensions is the same broadly speaking as anything else in the game.... entertainment and wasting time. Ofcourse not everyone enjoys the same things, will be entertained by everything. Just skip what you don't like. for me dims and the minion dim adventures are the brightest best idea anyone at Trion had. Love it.

Progression and growing your character is basically just pixels and wasting time too. The improvement does not in anyway translate into real life gain. It's a game, it's fun, it's entertainment, and in the end all pixels in the ether. Different people different tastes in entertainment. And that's fine. It's good you like progression and that's fun for you.

For me dimensions are creativity, a fun way to spend time. A good way to get in touch with other people sharing that creative passion. Making great scenes and dims that hopefully bring a smile to someones face. Bring out my creativity. That is my progression. I could not care less about mini-maxing stats. I do not raid. All those crafting material adventures... way to many for me. I have no use for it save try and sell on the Ah. I'. d gladly take all your dim adventures if i could.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Rift Disciple

I play Rift so I can dimension. If dimensioning wasn't here I wouldn't be either. I am an engineer I like creating things that don't exist. Dimensioning stimulates my creativity. I understand that you don't like it and probably don't have an interest in it. That's 100% OK because I feel the same way about PvP, and Raids.

Whose idea? Someone at Trion reviewing housing that was being introduced into other MMOs... I tend to suspect that they vastly underestimated its appeal or it would have been done sooner...
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

I'm with Serathe - you can have my hunting/gathering/notoriety minion adventures in exchange for your dimension adventures.

A game has varying relevance depending on the PoV of the person playing it. You don't have to do anything with the dimension boxes really - people (me....) will buy the unopened reward boxes if you AH them. On my main shards, they sell (even the 4 star boxes) for several plat.

I find it absolutely marvelous that the devs of this game have provided a way to access "stuff" that's not in any way dependent on killing mobs. I've been involved in the RPG scene since the mid-70s (beginning with Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms setting for AD&D) and the thing that's bothered me FOREVER with CRPGs/MMOs is that there seems to be no way to advance in the latter-day iterations of FRPGs other than killing mobs.

I ran games as a GM for years - and the scenarios I produced did NOT depend on killing just to get somewhere. That's of course not at all the case with computer RPGs.... far from it actually.

Minion adventures, while they do not offer a way for my toons to level, at least offer me a way to advance an enjoyable (to me) part of the game OTHER than killing mobs.
    Last edited by Narcise; 01-23-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

In addition to all the other replies, you can now shuffle your minion missions to skip dimension missions.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazor72 View Post
    What purpose do these Dimensions have in the game...I for one am trying to improve my characters...anything else is a waste. I have better things to do than waste my time decorating a make believe house that offers no other benefit outside of, "look at my Dimension!"
    The purpose is to develop your creativity. Every monkey can be trained to mash buttons and move in patterns, that is what I think of your raids and instances. They are a waste of time for me. Boring button mashing to get pixel gear so you can button mash some more in the same boring way, so you can do what in the end? Show off your pixel purplez?

I am trying to improve the creative part of my brain instead of playing purple pixel Barbie button mash dress up. To each their own, no?

What's the purpose of anything in any game? It's an outlet to explore and build worlds that only exist in your and the developer's imagination. It's a way to step out of your busy life and become a hero, to have fun with your friends, to meet people from around the world.

Dimensions are a vital part of Rift, same as dungeons and instant adventures and quests and well everything else. We have a strong dimension community here and if you would just open your eyes a bit and take off your blinders, you will see that there are some tremendously creative and artistic people here.

Dimensions are living, breathing art works that you can admire and that provide a wonderful creative outlet.

It's like any art, what's the purpose of art you might ask. It is there to enrich our minds and our imagination.

Who ever came up with Dimensions had the brightest idea I have ever seen in a game!

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

What purpose do these Dimensions have in the game...I mean really? All these useless Dimension items taking up space in my bags...I am forced into the Dimension adventures with the minion games. Even the loyalty rewards crate comes with Dimension mumbo jumbo. Give us a choice of the path we want to go. Dimensions, Crafting, Planar rewards, etc. I for one am trying to improve my characters...anything else is a waste. I have better things to do than waste my time decorating a make believe house that offers no other benefit outside of, "look at my Dimension!" If we had some other reason to hang out there, like, extra storage space, or free respecs, etc I might feel differently. I can get rid of my dimension items easily enough, but I would've rather had stuff I can use instead.
    I have better things to do than waste my time trying to explain it to you. You made stupid assumptions, like dimension builders don't improve their characters and dimensions provide no benefit (just because you can't see any). Posting insults about a legitimate game activity that thousands of people love to do is hateful and stupid, like all Trolls.

We need a special finger smiley symbol.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

1-Give us a choice of the path we want to go :

you have the shuffle . Or if you don't want to use it you can even wait for the reboot of the minion's adventures. If you are training your character why then using your time to play with your minions if they don't help you do so ?

2-If we had some other reason to hang out there, like, extra storage space, or free respecs

You can exchange in dimensions. Without paying post fees.
    You can exposed your rewards for Raids ( i loot a very rare boss ! .. take a look at that ) Same as the way you can do with the last armor you had.
    You can have title, exploits.
    You can have a place to go to have guild meeting
    You can storage there the objects you loot with the minion adventures, share it with thoses who have use of it and show then that you have something to offer to others

all that even if you are not interested in building dimensions.

3- I can get rid of my dimension items easily enough, but I would've rather had stuff I can use instead

Then don't ask here for an answer, just ask for rewards that could be to your liking directly to trion. But not related to dimension .. After all you can "easily" get rid of dimension items no ? be it by delete or sell or give away.

And please when you post somewhere think a bit of the people around you. We are not only dimensionners, we too loot things, sell them for you to use ..even maybe love raids, have a well builded characters .. we too make the game worth to play with and without telling others that what they like is well .. not interesting.

good luck ! you seem to need it
    Last edited by ecume; 01-24-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Oooooooh ! The first troll I see on dimensions forums !!

Let's make a wish ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    We need a special finger smiley symbol.
    LOL I like your emote idea!! And where's the "unlike" button?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    LOL I like your emote idea!! And where's the "unlike" button?
    Me too! And an "unlike" button was just about the first thing I wanted when I arrived here.... Unfortunately, they don't seem inclined to give us one.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

"Troll " ,....

Odin has spoken,....!
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast