+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Need some Suggestions!

Default Need some Suggestions!

Just wanted to get some suggestions on how to cover up the pools you see highlighted in the screenshots for my guilds Throne room i've been re-designing. I though about some water lilies, but I couldn't find any green ones :TNeed some Suggestions!-4.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-3.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-2-pools.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-1.jpg

Rift Chaser

Not too sure what look you are going for, but for a solid floor, I like granite tiles for a slightly darker look, or limestone for lighter. Another look I've enjoyed is putting green marble tiles just below the surface of the water (if you can do that there) where it gives a very nice color and shimmer to the floor.

I don't know how this would work (I haven't tried it yet) but maybe if you want an alternating pattern, you could try limestone / black marble.

There is the tiles from the SL dungeon artifact sets, I don't remember the name of them, that have a nice metallic look and pattern.

Gl, those pics look great!
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

Thank you for the reply I like the current look, it's just that where the pools crisscross is what's bugging me and I want to cover them up with something, but i'm just not sure what. Nothing to big or bulky. I also can't make the pools any bigger because there's a floor beneath that room that will get covered up :P

RIFT Fan Site Operator

There is the Floating Pond Fern but its dark green not like the Spring Hedge you have used in back there. Maybe Minature Perwinkles to match your theme though they don't float or placing limestone spheres to cover and using the other Blue Stained Glass Wall Projection or even Air Mehnirs because of there white and they move ?

Whatever you do your throne room looks incredible! Awestruck.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-23-2015 at 03:46 PM.

I'd second the Miniature Periwinkle suggestion... I've placed them in pools in my dim and they give them just the loveliest look.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

1- you could use water paint
    2- you could partialy hide the pools with blocks of construction like a puzzle. the water will be seen between the blocks.(y ou have an example of that on the dimension RIFT Expo on the brisesol shard. Made by kresely . )
    Last edited by ecume; 01-24-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Default Update

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. I ended up finding something that covers the pools and fits the theme still so I hope you guys like it Need some Suggestions!-three.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-two.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-one.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-four.jpgNeed some Suggestions!-five.jpg

It's beautiful ! *insert here a smiley with stars in the eyes*

Default Stairs

Now my next questions is if anyone can recommend some stairs for me. Either actual dimension stairs or custom built. I have -very- high ceilings and i'm kind of stubborn about using ramps :T even though that's what I temporarily use to get up from floor to floor

:PNeed some Suggestions!-high-roof.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	High Roof.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	21898

Since you have dark rock in background, you can make very nice curved stairs by stacking and rotating basic stone stairs (the black ones)
    They are very cheap also. I think they are in the landscaping tab in the store. If you want to see what they look like - i have several sets in my Kishzill Botanical Gardens on Deepwood

Rift Chaser

I saw some awesome curved stairs someone had built, in a video. I tried to make something like it, here's what I have.. theirs was open, not like mine.

Of course, you can pick a different color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need some Suggestions!-2015-01-25_200855.jpg  

Albedina - 65 mage
    Makion -65 rogue

^ This is more of what I was looking for. I actually tried doing this last night, but it's harder (for me) than it looks lol. Does anyone know where I can find a toolbox export for a spiral pole staircase?

I was looking for spiral stairs too but couldnt find anything that would fit my "specially sized" home, so I ended making one on my own. It was less complicated and more fun than I thought it would be.
    Now if I could only figure out what to do with those awful premade roofs....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    ^ This is more of what I was looking for. I actually tried doing this last night, but it's harder (for me) than it looks lol. Does anyone know where I can find a toolbox export for a spiral pole staircase?
    Well, I don't know if you want exactly what I've made, but I could probably give you the codes for what I made if you want. If I remember right, I just kept copy/paste each item, I think it was .2 down, .3 over, and rotate 5. Then just liNE the outside edges up, and away you go. I'm 4 hours from home now, I'll check back and see what you say.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Makion -65 rogue

Someone in the dimension channel gave me a good tip last night and that was to lay 2 poles back to back on the ground (so that they're it's one long pole) and to lay them down until you have a circle which gets you started off, but for me it was just too meticulous and this is what I ended up with... lol

I'd like to take a look (if you have a screenshot) of what you have @kickn4fun

Need some Suggestions!-bad-stairs.jpg
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-27-2015 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast