+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Are we restricted to only being able to a certain dim once on each toon?

General of Telara

Default Are we restricted to only being able to a certain dim once on each toon?

As the title states. I have an already built anywhere dim. It's my favorite to create on. I made another one and it says that I already used this. Ask some people in chat, and they said each toon can only use one of the same dims only once...What's that all about?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

You are able to utilize alts on the same account and shard and have full access to your Dimensions so you can get 5 more Anywhere Dimensions!. It makes good business and creative progression sense to ensure we use as many of the Dimensions available to us but maybe I'm the only one who thinks that because I love the smaller Dimensions heh

General of Telara

Thanks. Yeah, I knew about the Alts deal, but I can't fathom why this would be the case? Personally, alot of the dims don't interest me. When I have an idea, I don't want to have to overcome the terrain or size. Maybe this will be a change in the future, I sure hope so.

I think it may be because originally dimensions were something to collect, like books and artifacts.
    I agree though, most builders have a few favorites (or one) that they'd like to use a lot, and it really doesn't make sense anymore to restrict that.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    I think it may be because originally dimensions were something to collect, like books and artifacts.
    I agree though, most builders have a few favorites (or one) that they'd like to use a lot, and it really doesn't make sense anymore to restrict that.
    As you have touched on Seyler what would then stop anyone from wanting to collect more than one artifact set they already have etc? It changes the whole structure of the game. Loyalty Dimensions wouldn't make sense to give more than one because that opens everything else to also become that way etc.

With free to play you could have unlimited accounts not have to level a character to send it an Anywhere key etc that seems a lot less work than restructuring an entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    As you have touched on Seyler what would then stop anyone from wanting to collect more than one artifact set they already have etc? It changes the whole structure of the game. Loyalty Dimensions wouldn't make sense to give more than one because that opens everything else to also become that way etc.

With free to play you could have unlimited accounts not have to level a character to send it an Anywhere key etc that seems a lot less work than restructuring an entire game.
    I think the thread was about having the same dimension. Not restructuring the entire game. All they would have to do is not make the keys "unique". There are some dimensions that are rarely, if ever used. How many of those rarely used dimensions, when used, is a total transformation sitting above the actual floor level. So what would be the difference of using an Anywhere dimension?

The alt idea is ok until you want to invite someone to your new dim & have to be on that level 1 alt. I wish they would open up account wide invitations. Then the alt dim building would not be so bad. I'm building now on alts because I want to use dimensions that I have already used on Jayded. I find it frustrating going back & forth between characters to do an invite.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    I think the thread was about having the same dimension. Not restructuring the entire game. All they would have to do is not make the keys "unique". There are some dimensions that are rarely, if ever used. How many of those rarely used dimensions, when used, is a total transformation sitting above the actual floor level. So what would be the difference of using an Anywhere dimension?

The alt idea is ok until you want to invite someone to your new dim & have to be on that level 1 alt. I wish they would open up account wide invitations. Then the alt dim building would not be so bad. I'm building now on alts because I want to use dimensions that I have already used on Jayded. I find it frustrating going back & forth between characters to do an invite.
    I think this thread (like every thread) is about ideas so sharing them is fine to come up with thoughts like you have done as well as myself and Seyler, that's what forum is for I thought? Yes lets just change something to unique so we can not instead take 1 minute to log on to another character, seems odd because such a "small" thing doesn't matter but to many others it would and Dimension keys are in everything not just crafting.

So maybe an idea about changing crafted only to unique?...

See how ideas evolve?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I wish they would open up account wide invitations. Then the alt dim building would not be so bad
    I think that's a great idea. Actually maybe everyone having the ability to invite people to Dimensions they are in would be great now a ban list is coming OR maybe that part is something to ask Gingers if it can be added to Special Edits List "Ability to Invite" I'm still unsure why they are interlocked Move, Place, Pick Up hopefully finding that out can open up other possibilities to brainstorm like this.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-21-2015 at 07:46 AM.

I think this thread (like every thread) is about ideas so sharing them is fine to come up with thoughts like you have done as well as myself and Seyler, that's what forum is for I thought? Yes lets just change something to unique so we can not instead take 1 minute to log on to another character, seems odd because such a "small" thing doesn't matter but to many others it would and Dimension keys are in everything not just crafting.

See how ideas evolve?
    That's not what I meant. If they changed the keys from "Unique" you would be able to have more than one of the same key (What this original thread was concerning).

And yes, you should have the ability to be able to invite people to any one of your dimensions. It's not the actual time it takes that's a hassle, its stopping what you are doing (such as chatting to friends or in guild) to having to log to another character.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

That's not what I meant. If they changed the keys from "Unique" you would be able to have more than one of the same key (What this original thread was concerning).
    I had two thoughts on the OP which was confirmed after the response to my first post in this thread. I understand clearly BUT what understanding might not be here is the impact changing things like this has for other items in the game that go under the same category and the reason they exist + once again keys that are loyalty items also rare world event keys, red rarity keys, puzzles etc hence the suggestion of maybe crafted. I am not 100% in 3.0 but I don't think there are other unique crafted items like Dimension Keys so perhaps this is a possibility more than expecting every key to be changed that makes more sense?

General of Telara

See how ideas evolve?
    Respectfully, the issue with that is the normal FTP player only has 2 slots for toon creation. That limits only 2 times I can use an "Anywhere" dim. Sure you can lay out the CC for some credits, but, well that goes against the FTP part. I agree with Jay's post, lets not make the keys unique. As a savant dream weaver who can create, sell, store, trade, give away "Anywhere dims", I can only use 1 of them? Really?

Thats like winning 10 million dollars but only being able to spend $10.00 a week.
    Last edited by swordkata; 01-22-2015 at 09:45 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Respectfully, the issue with that is the normal FTP player only has 2 slots for toon creation. That limits only 2 times I can use an "Anywhere" dim. Sure you can lay out the CC for some credits, but, well that goes against the FTP part. I agree with Jay's post, lets not make the keys unique. As a savant dream weaver who can create, sell, store, trade, give away "Anywhere dims", I can only use 1 of them? Really?

Thats like winning 10 million dollars but only being able to spend $10.00 a week.
    Your analogy does not make sense to me since you can have more than one account for free so you do get to spend it...just creatively I have also never relied on Dimension items to make plat consistently. If I look at ArcheAge you can't even have property as F2P, nor do we have to pay taxes (thank goodness and thanks for not even thinking about it Trion!) So I guess after this experience especially I see blessings more than hindrances.

I think at this stage I cannot contribute anything different which at the end of the day may not amount to anything it's just ideas and none of us are right or wrong it's just discussing possibilities. Whatever the outcome I appreciate the conversation it's fun to share thoughts on our game even if they differ. Cheers.

General of Telara

Your analogy does not make sense to me since you can have more than one account for free so you do get to spend it...just creatively I have also never relied on Dimension items to make plat consistently. If I look at ArcheAge you can't even have property as F2P, nor do we have to pay taxes (thank goodness and thanks for not even thinking about it Trion!) So I guess after this experience especially I see blessings more than hindrances.

I think at this stage I cannot contribute anything different which at the end of the day may not amount to anything it's just ideas and none of us are right or wrong it's just discussing possibilities. Whatever the outcome I appreciate the conversation it's fun to share thoughts on our game even if they differ. Cheers.
    Arachage is what, 4-5 months old? Rift has been in existence since 2011. I'm sure when rift was testing the waters, the freedom we have now was not in place,so comparing the 2 at this point, is sort of invalid. Give Archage(if lasts) 4 yrs, and i'm sure they will have much more flexability.

And honestly, who wants to create 5 different accounts,in order to use more than one dim over and over again? Maybe, if this was 2011, and Rift was in its infancy.

MMO's need to evolve and become less and less restrictive or they fall to the wayside like so many other MMO's. Now to be fair, Rift has come along way with dimensions. To me it's 90% of the reason I play it. But if the end acheivement as a Dream Weaver is to make keys that everyone, but themselves can use, more than once, is kinda pointless.

Imagine if Outfitters only let you craft their armor set for everyone else to use. Or apothocaries could only make exceptional black dye for others, and couldn't use it on their own armor?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Arachage is what, 4-5 months old? Rift has been in existence since 2011. I'm sure when rift was testing the waters, the freedom we have now was not in place,so comparing the 2 at this point, is sort of invalid. Give Archage(if lasts) 4 yrs, and i'm sure they will have much more flexability.
    ArcheAge is a year old in Korea and yes 4-5 months here - comparing games instead of real money seemed more valid. I'm not opposing I was curious why you would want it, now I know, it's inconvenient to make more than one account and F2P have only two characters.

All the comparisons you are making are also comparably invalid because armor makes a difference to how you perform in game (etc), being able to have more than one of a Dimension does not. Dream Weaving also does not have dailies etc because it's a supplement more than it is an actual craft and cannot be compared to the other crafts - though easy enough to do.

So weighing how Dimensions have evolved with the game, everything we've discussed and still supporting TW to make an income by keeping variety in the mix to also encourage more ideas and builds (with keys being unique) especially since we now have an abundance of items and always lots to look forward to - whatever the decision I'm sure it will be a sound one.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-23-2015 at 07:36 AM.

General of Telara

Great points, Kiwi. Now me personally, I make quite the living with being a DW. On my shard, maybe 1 or 2 DW's make Anywhere dims. So for me that is a daily 80 plat. I have access to all of the Trophy dims in the Rift store as well, so I have many resources. And although the dim market is over-saturated, its a good and bad thing.

Anyone who is into building sims, especially Mindcraft, will love Rift's dimesnions. Why I bring this up? Well ,for me its not just a supplemental profession. More andm ore people who come on to rift are getting interest in the Dimensions. This is my main profession. Making dims and Dream Orbs allows me to all but live on the AH.

At an average of selling 1 Anywhere dim a day to a Dim-happy player, its sad that I can't participate in this joy, because I can make them, but can't use them more than once. What other profession does that? Once again, Making Exceptional dyes, from Apothocharies does not effect game play. It must be nice to have the ability to make, lets say, 100 dyes for your guild, "AND" to be able to use it on all of your wardrobes, without having to log out of your main, or log out of your account in total.

Once again the analogy, to be able to buy a house, you just can't live in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast