• 1 Post By Neoga Wynd
  • 2 Post By DLPS
  • 2 Post By Neoga Wynd
  • 2 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Mals
  • 1 Post By Nouvae

Thread: Journey to the Centre of the Earth - Dormant Core Dimension

Default Journey to the Centre of the Earth - Dormant Core Dimension

After a very long time away I am finally back and thought a long wished for dimension was a great place to find "dimension feet" again. I have always wanted to portray the movie "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" (the original 1959 film with James Mason and Pat Boone). I think Dormant Core was the best choice, despite the challenge of filling in that volcano! I took just a wee bit of artistic licence with the storyline, but I hope you find the chance to pop over to Laethys and have a look (or send me a tell for an invite if I am on the dimension channel). It's a long windy road to the centre but I hope you enjoy it. Do try to find lift to finally break free! Warm wishes all, so great to be back Bellarosa

Last edited by DLPS; 01-18-2015 at 01:39 AM.
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

This looks beautiful from the pics alone! I've always loved dimensions with a warm, earthy feeling. Great job!
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Welcome back!

This is such a fun dimension! I really felt like I had gone on an adventure when I toured! I like how you introduce the story in the first area and then lead visitors through the dimension and the story. I enjoyed the changing landscapes (and hazards!) along the path to the center. It's a fun trek all the way to the center and the ride up is exciting, taking tourists from the deepest depths back up to the bright open surface. Creative interpretation of that old cult classic film. Kudos, Bellarosa!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Rift Disciple

Was dim/shard hopping last night *must* pay this a visit tonight ^^
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Default Entry Point Adjusted :)

I was told today (thank you Neo ) that the entry point into the little geologists shack in this dimension caused some players to get 'stuck'!

I have now moved it to outside the structure, so hopefully that won't cause any issues.

Bellarosa

Welcome back! I've always loved Jules Verne and this story in particular! I can't wait to check out your dim tonight! Pics look amazing!

Rift Disciple

Aside from a bumpy start (though a very quick fix) a most enjoyable dim. Anytime a movie dim makes me want to see the movie it had been done well. Loved the exit, even down to the boat. Proper number of backpacks,,, I dont know what your item count is but if it allows, consider using the "three notches of Arne Saknussen" as a guide (that way you know who *really* watched the movie ;)

Excellent excellent exllent (Think I liked it??? ;)
    Last edited by Neoga Wynd; 01-19-2015 at 06:59 AM.
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    Aside from a bumpy start (though a very quick fix) a most enjoyable dim. Anytime a movie dim makes me want to see the movie it had been done well. Loved the exit, even down to the boat. Proper number of backpacks,,, I dont know what your item count is but if it allows, consider using the "three notches of Arne Saknussen" as a guide (that way you know who *really* watched the movie ;)

Excellent excellent exllent (Think I liked it??? ;)
    Oh of course, the notches! How could I forget? I was tempted to pop a few feathers around for dear little Gertrude but I couldn't bear it lol

So pleased to find another fan of the movie!

Bella

Rift Disciple

Gertrude. Gertude? Gertrude!!!

I've visited your dim the other night and I totally love it! What a wonderful creative way to utilize the space of Dormant Core!

The transitions between the various environments, while journeying downwards, were well executed! The whole atmosphere is amazing! Nicely done!

Default Whoops

I was horsing around the tree blocking off one of the cliffs... once you fall in, there no way out of that.

Otherwise it was fun to explore.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Welcome back! I enjoyed my journey through each phase.

+ Reply to Thread