• 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Thorhend
  • 3 Post By Kiwi
  • 6 Post By Agrona77
  • 2 Post By Maihes

Thread: Building games?

Soulwalker

Default Building games?

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

I really love dimension in RIFT, but I found myself farming like a working horse to get enough money to buy some dimension stuffs (a few bowls or a dish of food are more expensive than the whole dimension (key)!!!!). I wonder if there is any off-line building game similar to RIFT's dimension system? A "medieval theme" building game where I can build a whole fortress, from the wall, the towers, stable... to little things like a cup, a bowl or a picture.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi! This response will be in two stages. The first one being an inquiry.

First of all: Have you checked places like Dimension Touring Company, Rift Dimension Gallery, Rift Dimensions, , Rift Dream Dimensions for castle (Medieval) & food ideas (all links set to specific pages) that give inspiration on what is possible for the items you seek?

Secondly I've only played Minecraft, EQ2, Landmark, Wildstar, Trove and ArcheAge which are MMO's and offer building of these games EQ2 would be the closest to castle type building however loving making unique items it did not appeal to me. Landmark you can make almost anything though only if you like "sculpting" however time farming currency in Rift vs sculpting and farming building materials in Landmark weigh in Rifts favor.

Hope this brief summary helps and the links help.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi! This response will be in two stages. The first one being an inquiry.

First of all: Have you checked places like Dimension Touring Company, Rift Dimension Gallery, Rift Dimensions, , Rift Dream Dimensions for castle (Medieval) & food ideas (all links set to specific pages) that give inspiration on what is possible for the items you seek?

Secondly I've only played Minecraft, EQ2, Landmark, Wildstar, Trove and ArcheAge which are MMO's and offer building of these games EQ2 would be the closest to castle type building however loving making unique items it did not appeal to me. Landmark you can make almost anything though only if you like "sculpting" however time farming currency in Rift vs sculpting and farming building materials in Landmark weigh in Rifts favor.

Hope this brief summary helps and the links help.
    Oh no... what have you done... I've only seen a few dimensions and dim websites and already spent my whole fortune on my dim. More inspirations? Dam, now I have to farm plat again to buy those.

Just kidding. Thank you for those sites. EQ2 building look nice, but if I still have to farm in an MMO, then I rather stay farming in RIFT.
    Last edited by Thorhend; 01-16-2015 at 09:22 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Thorhend View Post
    Oh no... what have you done... I've only seen a few dimensions and dim websites and already spent my whole fortune on my dim. More inspirations? Dam, now I have to farm plat again to buy those.

Just kidding. Thank you for those sites. EQ2 building look nice, but if I still have to farm in an MMO, then I rather stay farming in RIFT.
    Oh no! Hope with Minions and the Take a penny, leave a penny Dimensions on each shard where you can leave items and trade them or by joining dimension in game chats dimension
    • NA dimensionaddicts@deepwood
    • EU dimensionaddicts@zaviel

You'll find a helpful, generous community as well as great ideas to save plats & time.

What am I doing? Making you excited I hope

It's actually a good time to be a dimensioneer right now.

With the minions providing an influx of dimension materials and decorations, you shouldn't really need to farm all that plat.

The AH is overflowing with cheap building blocks and you can also use inexpensive items in very creative ways.

Like the green urn that costs a few gold, shrink it down and you have mugs for your tables.

Follow the links Kiwi provided and tour some dims in game. I'm sure you will not only be inspired, but you will see some great and different uses for regular building materials.

Have fun and yes, join the chat channels. We might have the odd item here and there that you are looking for. ;)

Plane Touched

Cool Here is one for designing castles

It is not a game so much as a 3D castle creation program that you can design your own structures with. eventually it will be a full game.

It's still in development, but you can download a copy for free at http://www.castlecreator.com

There is also a facebook page link on that site.

I'm the person who is developing the software and would appreciate any feedback.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Maihes View Post
    It is not a game so much as a 3D castle creation program that you can design your own structures with. eventually it will be a full game.

It's still in development, but you can download a copy for free at http://www.castlecreator.com

There is also a facebook page link on that site.

I'm the person who is developing the software and would appreciate any feedback.
    Awesome! Wanted to check it out but registering to a site that uses wordpress to verify has some hoops because of the security I use (LastPass) Let me know if there is another way or I'll try again in 20 mins time and every 20 mins thereafter until success

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Awesome! Wanted to check it out but registering to a site that uses wordpress to verify has some hoops because of the security I use (LastPass) Let me know if there is another way or I'll try again in 20 mins time and every 20 mins thereafter until success
    Let me know if you are still having trouble. I just authorized your login as a participant. You should be able to download now.
    Last edited by Maihes; 01-22-2015 at 08:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread