• 3 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Neoga Wynd
  • 1 Post By Soleila
  • 2 Post By Indicam

Thread: Hate designing kitchens....

Rift Disciple

Default Hate designing kitchens....

So ofc atm I have 3 major builds in progress and what do all 3 need at the same time??? KITCHENS Will work hard to make them different, but to be honest I dont know how successful I will be lol
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    So ofc atm I have 3 major builds in progress and what do all 3 need at the same time??? KITCHENS Will work hard to make them different, but to be honest I dont know how successful I will be lol
    Block off a room and put a door in the opening.....kitchen complete!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

LOL love your solution, Feendish.

I did that with the "bathrooms/outhouses" in my Cormac dim hahahaha

And yea, kitchens and sinks are a pain! ugh lol
    Last edited by Agrona77; 01-14-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

Have done that with bathroom in one (need to design occupied sign) floor plans don't really lend themselves to that unless I want to change the floor plan (and that would be more work than the kitchen lol)
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls

I feel your pain. I try to be creative with kitchens but it feels like a repeat no matter what I do. Perhaps we're being too critical for our own good
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

If you hate making something, best thing to do is throw some rubble and fire in the room "oh dear, the stove exploded!" But really as long as there's something resembling a worktop and a cooker it's gold. Save the item budget for where you enjoy building.

Rift Disciple

lol sounds cool but I fear I would fall back on it too much. Have rooms with closed doors (and this includes an entire section up stairs and down that will have no access.) beginning to be hopeful for what I need to do just a touch sad I cant do what I want to do...

You can make american kitchen .. both a room with kitchen and a dining room . with that you can make a small kitchen that can be also a kind of bar with small furnitures.

With that the kitchen won't be as much difficult to make because it will have several function.

Good luck with your kitchen !

I've been using one of the tbx sets, and just "remaking" it in whatever wood etc. is right in a given area. It's the one with the sink done with the empty mining cart - so it has a bit of counter area on each side. I've added doors below (with handles made from one of the wall signs) and it works very well for my dims - which tend to be places my toons would live in a quasi-medieval fantasy world....

Usually I will have a shelf system as well, depending on space. I'm not into modern stuff in a fantasy world, but that's just me....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread