+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Dimensions!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Post 3.0 & The Current State of Dimensions!

I've been hearing some rumblings from the community regarding Dimensions and that we have abandoned them.

Totally not true!

We're still working on new features and Dimension locales for everyone to enjoy. Gingers has been great at keeping the design team aware of ideas and community feedback during this brief hiatus. We have a lot of cool stuff that we've been talking about, but isn't currently approved yet so it won't be on this list. Expect to hear about it as we go through the approval process.

Here's a quick list of what's in the pipeline for Dimensions (some of this you might have already heard about):

Super cool 3.1 stuff:
    • Free Camera
    • Dimension ban list (personal & guild)
    • Dimension special list (personal & guild)
    • Larger +1 button when visiting other player dimensions

Currently planned but could still get cut (in no particular order):
    • Allow for ambient Dimension sounds to be toggled off/on. This is for existing sounds tied to the instance that loads, not the items you place.
    • Incremental rotation/scaling/movement. Think of a 'snap' function. This should include bulk changing.
    • Allow for items to be 'locked' so they cannot be accidentally rotated/scaled/moved. This should include bulk locking.
    • Allow Dimension keys to stack to take up less inventory space.
    • Create a new Raid Boss Practice Dummy.
    • The Revelations of Ananke Imp from Nightmare Tide is coming with tidings of fate.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

What super cool feature would you like to see added to Dimensions? What bug are you constantly annoyed with? Let us know by posting in this thread and we'll talk about getting it added to the game and fixed!

We'd love to hear from you!

-Mort

Last edited by Morticus; 01-13-2015 at 10:34 AM.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

[*]Create a new Raid Boss Practice Dummy.

This!!! PLEASE!
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Currently planned (in no particular order):
    [*]Allow for ambient Dimension sounds to be toggled off/on. This is for existing sounds tied to the instance that loads, not the items you place.
    Glad to hear! These lightning effects in the Vengeful Sky dimension are really loud. ^^°

What bug are you constantly annoyed with? Let us know by posting in this thread and we'll talk about getting it added to the game and fixed!
    To be honest... all these vfx bugs can be really annoying. =(
    I don't know how hard these are to fix, though, since these problems are not new to Rift.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Woah that orange lol...

Cheers Morticus I've seen you on forums with crafting, Extra Life and other content, can I ask what role you play in Dimensions and how Faratha is? I've never once thought work ever stops for you guys but the silence in forums has been deafening.

I would like to suggest:
    * Forums needs a guide & event section seen also in PvP and Role sections to encourage each sector. Loads of valuable information, how in depth plus what you can do in Dimensions is not reaching the community before they become addicted to building.
    * In game UI - Categories added to Dimensions so we have more than the lists provided to encourage more builds and a more accurate +1 system for existing active accounts.
    * In game VFX - performance improved for minimum requirement computers as a builder and viewer or an official guideline to ensure they can be seen.
    * In game PvP Dimensions - Leadership boards and Dimension wide gear bolstering in alignment to current warfront/ pvp standards.

If you are responsible for the camera, cheers have given feedback and have inquiries here.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-12-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Plane Touched

Why is this taking so long? Can't imagine it'll take more than 30 minutes of work
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Cheers Morticus I've seen you on forums with crafting, Extra Life and other content, can I ask what role you play in Dimensions and how Faratha is?
    Sadly, Faratha got an offer for a great career opportunity elsewhere and left to pursue it. She was a fantastic member of the team, and we miss her voice in these things. But Morticus has stepped into this role now, away from the world content side of things. I first met Morticus in this industry 13 or 14 years ago - you guys are in good hands now.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Currently planned (in no particular order):
    • Allow for ambient Dimension sounds to be toggled off/on. This is for existing sounds tied to the instance that loads, not the items you place.
    • Incremental rotation/scaling/movement. Think of a 'snap' function. This should include bulk changing.
    • Allow for items to be 'locked' so they cannot be accidentally rotated/scaled/moved. This should include bulk locking.
    • Allow Dimension keys to stack to take up less inventory space.
    • The Revelations of Ananke Imp from Nightmare Tide is coming with tidings of fate.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

What super cool feature would you like to see added to Dimensions? What bug are you constantly annoyed with? Let us know by posting in this thread and we'll talk about getting it added to the game and fixed!

We'd love to hear from you!

-Mort

Let me just get my list.....

First off, the planned changes sound great, particularly the snap adjustments, the POSITIONAL LOCKING (OMG, you have no idea how many times I've ragequit due to accidentally borking big chunks of my dimensions by accidental clicking), and the ambient noise toggle (looks at Vengeful Sky and Infinity Gate).

If you can pull off being able to incrementally rotate in a group with precision (instead of guessing), I will love you forever.

As others have already said, VFX need some work. Terrain paints are inconsistent, lights go on and out at will, Time of Day items will periodically have their watch break and more.

Most of my personal list has to do with items. Updated raid dummies are great. How about some new basic building blocks--not modular pieces--and especially some GREYWOOD PLANKS (I figure if I keep asking for them, I'll eventually get them just so I'll shut up!).

Stacking keys are great, but there are other storage options needed as well for items (this is the one area where you will perhaps not hear the rallying cries of destruction), perhaps by type.

Here are some of the threads with requests:

Wishlist 3.0

15 Page Wishlist

Welcome to the civilized side!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Sadly, Faratha got an offer for a great career opportunity elsewhere and left to pursue it. She was a fantastic member of the team, and we miss her voice in these things. But Morticus has stepped into this role now, away from the world content side of things. I first met Morticus in this industry 13 or 14 years ago - you guys are in good hands now.
    I had a feeling this was the case she is a lovely person and her enthusiasm for Dimensions was so encouraging to all of us - wherever she is is very lucky! Please pass along our regards and yes Morticus is awesome noted especially during Extra Life. Thanks for the update Tacitus and grats Morticus to your new position hope we aren't too demanding on you heh
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-12-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Vigil bless you Morticus. I was already happy about the "free camera" and now I'm hearing about this locking thing. You've made me a very happy noobie dimensioneer.

Some things that would make me happier are fixes. As others have mentioned effects working is a coin toss and a complete restart of the game is required to fix them.

Just a note, I would pay credits for a dimension item only storage box especially one that you could place inside your dimension so you won't have to run back and forth between your dims and banks (or in my case constantly switch between characters because I forget where I left stuff). I would be beyond ecstatic if they were craftable and could be upgraded using amenders made by dreamweavers. I need some of these mats I'm hoarding to go to a good cause.

Oh Gods, where to even start?! Oh, wait, I know.

THE RIVER OF SOULS SKY!!!

Other than that...
    • The Tarken Glacier galactic tree things
    • The aurora borealis sky from Tarken
    • Terrain paint/effects that allow for things like the plastered outside of Stillmoor houses
    • The little things we can find in existing terrain of the game, like stoves (Scarwood Reach), actual fireplaces (the burned-out Gloamwood houses down by Darkening Deeps), the chests/reliquaries found in Sanctum and Port Scion, etc.
    • ANYTHING from Ardenburgh (including the Cathedral)
    • For that matter, Ardenburgh as a dimension map (pick a part, any part, I don't care)
    • Fish, ducks, squirrels, birds, deer, rabbits as dimension NPCs
    • Actual stained glass windows
    • The River of Souls marble ruins
    • The remaining statues of the Vigil from Sanctum (we have the Sword Gravestone for Thedeor, but we don't have Mariel-Taun's Owl, Tavril's Whatever-That-Thing-Is, Bahralt's Table, and Thontic's Statue)

As far as bugs go, you might or might not be able to answer this one, Mort.

Is there a limit on how many FX-related dim items you can have before they all stop working? I built an Anywhere dim with a Time of Day: Midnight, about 100 fog pumpkins, 10 or so Water Terrain Paints, and about 40 Lightning Vortices of different colors. Within FIVE MINUTES of entering the dim, they all vanish. Regardless of video settings, from Medium all the way to EVERYTHING cranked up. Duplicated on different players' computers at all settings, both nVidia and ATI cards.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

* Allow for items to be 'locked' so they cannot be accidentally rotated/scaled/moved. This should include bulk locking.
    Double take, almost fell off chair +1 made extra big to match the vibe

Thanks Mort and Tacitus for the replies. I had a feeling Faratha might have moved on since her Twitter feed mentioned a new job.

I personally think fixing the buggy VFX is probably at the top of my wishlist for dimensions in 3.0. But I am loving all the new things coming, especially the free camera, expanded permissions and ambient sound toggle!

After squashing bugs, I'd love to see some new textures. I look around the world and there is some really excellent art available that would refresh the dimension experience. For example: the red walls of Auditorium Carnos, the patterned walls and floors of Meridian, the Brevanic windows of the Cassana Estate, etc.

Thanks for all you do!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

I also wanted to add that we're investigating the reports of issues with VFX in dimensions as well.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Default Dimension requests

Hello,

Thanks for adding the new features (upcoming ones) to dimensions. We all love decorating them. PLEASE add humanoids and animals that we can place in the dimensions. It's quite frustrating to build a dimension that sits empty with no "life" in it. Being able to have humanoids manning a work table, animals in a farm area, or any such thing would be wonderful!

Also, if we can please have some functionality in dimensions such as mailboxes and auctioneers so we don't have to zone out each time to do these things.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Double take, almost fell off chair +1 made extra big to match the vibe
    YESYESYES!! +1billion for that.... And Mort, it's great to see your list, practically all of which is stuff I'm super excited about. Really happy to hear you're looking into the vfx issues too!

<3
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast