+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Neoga Wynd

Thread: Multiple builders question

Default Multiple builders question

I've decided to help another build and I've noticed items disappearing, when I know for a fact I place the item there lol.. Other visual issues like when my friend made a design on the wall and I couldn't see it. So I logged out and back in the dim. It showed up then. But the missing item I placed did not.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm thinking it has to do with more than one person building at a time. But I dunno
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 01-10-2015 at 09:34 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I've decided to help another build and I've noticed items disappearing, when I know for a fact I place the item there lol.. Other visual issues like when my friend made a design on the wall and I couldn't see it. So I logged out and back in the dim. It showed up then. But the missing item I placed did not.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm thinking it has to do with more than one person building at a time. But I dunno
    It depends on if you were both using Toolbox/DT and were using similar items.

A lot of times, if you've got 2 or more people in a dimension building and using addons, especially using the same items, when one person selects that rectangle (just as an example), it'll grab the one the other person was using and stuff starts disappearing and going haywire.

Distance helps. If you can be at one end and the other person can be at the other, and if you're both using addons, let one work with the landscaping or something, or just not use Toolbox/DT while you're placing your items. Voice chat while collaborating helps...a lot, just so you guys can talk out these kinds of issues and better coordinate so you can actually build at the same time without things vanishing and a lot of extra work being created.

As for the visual errors where you have to log out/in, that happens, particularly if you've been at it for a while. Submit a bug report, is the best advice I can offer on that one.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Even without using an addon if multiple people select the same type of item in the dim I have seen it have unexpected results. (I dropped someon through the floor we had made if I remember correctly. He was manipulating one item (the floor) I was doing another of the same type... I rotated mine and he fell through his
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Thank you for the feedback.

+ Reply to Thread