+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cruise Ship

Soulwalker

Default Cruise Ship

I have opened my first major dimension build to public. It is a large Cruise Ship I built from ground up. Seekin@Hailol Shoreward Island/Seekin's Cruiseline. Stop in and take a peek, Thankyou for your time
    Take Care
    Seekin

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I use to work on cruise liners so had to take a detour from my morning routine to jump in! Absolutely awesome, you have everything to please passengers and I lol'ed at the iceberg seen from the bridge remembering being caught in a cyclone one year at work and securing a lounge that had Titanic on the TV (totally ironic and removed from play list after this...) Captains quarters are fab and I love the engine but all of your Shoreward Island is well thought out and created - man what an effort - definitely pop over to Hailol and check this out +over9000!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I remember touring the ship with you while it was in progress, and I really like the way you finished it out! Great work.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I use to work on cruise liners so had to take a detour from my morning routine to jump in! Absolutely awesome, you have everything to please passengers and I lol'ed at the iceberg seen from the bridge remembering being caught in a cyclone one year at work and securing a lounge that had Titanic on the TV (totally ironic and removed from play list after this...) Captains quarters are fab and I love the engine but all of your Shoreward Island is well thought out and created - man what an effort - definitely pop over to Hailol and check this out +over9000!
    The iceberg made me laugh too, and reading this made me laugh even more

Loved the dimension. I really need to level up to 10 (or is it 15?) on every NA shard too so that I can put +1 when I visit places like this.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    The iceberg made me laugh too, and reading this made me laugh even more

Loved the dimension. I really need to level up to 10 (or is it 15?) on every NA shard too so that I can put +1 when I visit places like this.
    Just level 10 to vote it up, and you'll be glad you did!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Your cruise ship is awesome! When is it setting sail? I am ready to lounge at the pool, .... just have to wait for that iceberg to move, haha.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 01-09-2015 at 04:47 PM.

I would love to look at this, but so far it's proving to be impossible. I keep spawning underwater inside the hull. I have same problem with my edge of infinity (Maybe stick a pvp banner down in the water with spawn point on deck. I take that precaution in all of my dims if they use entry point now)

Soulwalker

Thankyou for all the great feedback. I will move the starting spawn point and see if that resolves the being stuck issue
    Seekin

Quote Originally Posted by Seekin View Post
    Thankyou for all the great feedback. I will move the starting spawn point and see if that resolves the being stuck issue
    Seekin
    I havent seen it but i will make a char on NA shard today to see, you got my curiosity

for your problem:

Or you can move your starting point a couple meters above the floor. its a matter of the floor tile not being loaded when you spawn in a dim. its always a matter of a couple miliseconds. so by adding a lil height to your spawnpoint, your stuck problem will go from 1/2 times to at least 2/10 times already.

Also it loads your items Chronologically (hope i spelled it right) you can check that by listing your items that way. so how hard it may be to get it fixed once its built, how easy it can be when making a new dimension.

what i always do is start with a Tile then a spawn point. Toss them in a corner until you know where to put them. (if you move them it doesnt change the sequence they were placed in)

There is a fix to get the spawn/tile on top of your list. (requires dimension Tools tho)
    -select a max of 100 items that are placed before the spawn point/tile then save that set with the save option. then select that set to load and make sure "[_] Use new items" remains unchecked. make sure "[X] Load items at the same position" IS checked. then smash the place button. and it wil rearrange the 100 items u got selected. (sux tho if u got 2k+ items in)

*small bug: fo some reason Dimension Tools tends to turn around planks quite often for me when saving a set. So there is a small chance u need to 180 some planks ;P

Hope this info helps a lil.

Opz

Click here to see Our new Guild Dimension! Halls of Elevation @ Typhiria
    Or here to see Temple of Trials on Foofi@Typhiria

Gorgeous job, really looks like a ship. Is a pity the item limit,with more slots, more details in this fantastic ship.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Awesome! Very true to the look of a real world cruise ship. Great details. It was tons of fun to explore and I know I'll be back to visit again. Kudos on an imaginative build!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Does nobody learn form History? Yet again, it seems that this cruise ship doesn't have enough lifeboats!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha Dang icebergs... LOL

Awesome job! I've visited your cruise ship last week and I just love your details and how spacious the whole thing is. Great dim!

Soulwalker

Thankyou again for all the support and +1's. I have lifted the starting point and believe it has resolved the problem, thankyou for the advice.

Lot's of fun , vary well done , i found myself shouting for another drink ,...hehe
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

Your cruise ship is fantastic! Looks so sleek and classy! I did however have some trouble zoning in, I see by your previous comment that you moved the entry point up, but it still took me a few tries and a lot of hitting space bar on the loading screen to get in (I never had this problem with my old crappy laptop, but my new shiny pc seems to like making me fall through floors) but it was well worth it! For once, I got to go on an awesome ship without getting sea sick!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast