Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 3 Post By Imrielle
  • 4 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By some1232
  • 1 Post By Foxfire

Thread: Minion Loot Question

Default Minion Loot Question

I tried posting this in another thread in the General Forum but it quickly got buried under other posts, so I thought I'd try here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4984243

Thanks for reading!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Disciple

I'll answer it here:

From what we can tell, from various of us opening too many of these to count, is that not all dimension items come back with the Minions.

Items that are Bind on Pickup are excluded - so none of the loyalty objects. Nothing from the Trophies, Puzzles, Artifacts or Achievements section comes back, either. No event items, either. No PVP items, either (neither the favor purchased items, nor the 'special' credit only PVP items), and none of the 'tools' like the dimensional entry point, though it *is* possible that these come from the Six-Star Premium Stashes - I've only opened about 25 of these, so my data for them is incomplete.

About half of the Mystery Box items seem to come from minions. World drops, most fished items (excluding Plane of Water), and pretty much every item that can be purchased with platinum. I *have* gotten some faction based items, like the Floating Water Lily, and the cactus clumps, but not all of them - none of the Webclaw Trees, for example (I think the cactus clumps are faction, anyway xD. I do lose track.).

For the 5m and 15m adventures, stars have very little do with what comes back, but does seem to affect the amount.

As for Mystery Box items, these are what I have personally gotten that are only in these (and now, minion stashes). Hopefully this tag makes it easier to look at:
    Spoiler!

That list is really long, here is a much shorter one - mystery items I have yet to see from minions:
    Spoiler!

I hope this helps. I know that I have opened thousands of the stashes, so I've a lot of data on them, excluding the Six-Star Premium Stashes (I haven't had the plat to purchase many of these, they're usually over 20P on Greybriar). Eventually I will parse my log files again and get real statistics on items, like the chance to get Limestone Rectangles, but I haven't yet.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    I'll answer it here:

From what we can tell, from various of us opening too many of these to count, is that not all dimension items come back with the Minions.

Items that are Bind on Pickup are excluded - so none of the loyalty objects. Nothing from the Trophies, Puzzles, Artifacts or Achievements section comes back, either. No event items, either. No PVP items, either (neither the favor purchased items, nor the 'special' credit only PVP items), and none of the 'tools' like the dimensional entry point, though it *is* possible that these come from the Six-Star Premium Stashes - I've only opened about 25 of these, so my data for them is incomplete.

About half of the Mystery Box items seem to come from minions. World drops, most fished items (excluding Plane of Water), and pretty much every item that can be purchased with platinum. I *have* gotten some faction based items, like the Floating Water Lily, and the cactus clumps, but not all of them - none of the Webclaw Trees, for example (I think the cactus clumps are faction, anyway xD. I do lose track.).

For the 5m and 15m adventures, stars have very little do with what comes back, but does seem to affect the amount.

As for Mystery Box items, these are what I have personally gotten that are only in these (and now, minion stashes). Hopefully this tag makes it easier to look at:
    {snip}

That list is really long, here is a much shorter one - mystery items I have yet to see from minions:
    {snip}

I hope this helps. I know that I have opened thousands of the stashes, so I've a lot of data on them, excluding the Six-Star Premium Stashes (I haven't had the plat to purchase many of these, they're usually over 20P on Greybriar). Eventually I will parse my log files again and get real statistics on items, like the chance to get Limestone Rectangles, but I haven't yet.
    Thank you for putting that together.

Perhaps I haven't opened as many boxes as Imri, but I have also opened quite a few (thanks, guildies!), and I have noticed you will get nothing that's BoP normally, and nothing that requires special currency (such as favor, or event currency, or lucky coins), or requires a special state like an achievement completion (notoriety seems to be negotiable, however).

There is a lot of...oddness about the loot tables, it seems. There are items that normally sell on the shop for over 1k credits (credits only, BTW) now on the AH for 50 gold because there are so many of them (that would be the Empyrean Static Generator, a really cool looking item) or dumped in TAPLAP--not to mention the plentiful returns of Planar Telescopes and Orreries--coming back from minions.

As far as tools go, I've gotten several Distance Indicators, but no Entry Points. I would be very surprised to ever get an Entry Point from minions, even though the actual cost is less than many of the other items that are also credit only purchases that minions also bring back.

With box items, my list looks a lot like Imri's. Some things are on there, some aren't. It's my opinion that they really ought to look at the entire loot table for dimension items and perhaps make some adjustments.

For example: We get Nightmare Tide notoriety from missions, and NT crafting mats, why not NT world drops and fishing drops? Why not put the full 2.7 mystery box loot on the table? (Why not just put the 2.7 items on the store directly and do away with the boxes altogether?...but that's a different topic)

As far as minions go, I have 0 complaints (yep, you heard it!), I just think there are some areas that still need tweaking to make minions fit into the rest of the game so that Trion still makes the money to keep the lights on and we as players don't feel like we got screwed.
    Last edited by Feendish; 01-10-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I have taken notes but haven't made any summary of Dimension items yet having opened thousands of boxes also because it makes sense that progressively things might get added or we would not have anything to look forward to. I also don't expect lockbox items to appear in minion rewards and will keep observing after 3.1 enjoying what we have because it is refreshing that we are curious about too many items these days and not too few
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

As far as I can tell no craftable ones (from Dreamweaver and the other various crafts) come back either. I have at least 4 of each of the building blocks listed on the vendor and the ones that aren't I remember specifically making. That's all good though.

Whenever I get something and I don't see it on the vendor I typically look it up on dimension addicts. I may just be unlucky, but I seem to not have much success in getting "world drop" items.

I really think the diversity of items we get back (from all sources, really) could be tweaked. I know when I collect an adventure I'm 10x more likely to get building blocks or modules and a tree than lamps, furniture, plants and house items.

I'm not complaining either :P I will do dimension adventures until my minions drop from exhaustion

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    I'll answer it here:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Thanks for putting all that together, that was a lot of work!

I guess my biggest curiosity is just how they have the loot table set up as far as what determines what items are dropped and how often if that makes any sense. I've gotten a Tower Elevator, which was great even though I don't have a use for it yet:P I've gotten several Distance Indicators but no entry points and none of the shades. But most seems to be the flood of triangles, stairs, floors and the like. Very few plants, no curtains and not many household items. I just think some adjustments are needed, and I'm sure they are tweaking things all the time. It will be interesting to see what 3.1 brings
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Disciple

Not based on anything I have observed but mostly what guildies send me and whats on AH, it seems they go in cycles... sooo for a while you get a buynch of X later on not much X but now you get Y... (not a staistical representation I am afraid but it sure seems like that. Have never seen any crafted item or key brought back my minion (which is why they hold the price in AH)
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    Not based on anything I have observed but mostly what guildies send me and whats on AH, it seems they go in cycles... sooo for a while you get a buynch of X later on not much X but now you get Y... (not a staistical representation I am afraid but it sure seems like that. Have never seen any crafted item or key brought back my minion (which is why they hold the price in AH)
    Yep, I discarded any info I had on Minions in the weekend because really there is no way Devs can satisfy Dimensioneers that build a lot and love using certain things PLUS they are free but like you have discovered I too think they are cyclic according to the Minion adventures chosen so if you are getting boxes from others that cycle would be according to them. I have not come across any crafted items and would be very surprised they exist because that would be odd and Keys have come mainly from Premium Level 5 & 4 lockboxes for me. I think even non-builders collect them to get the achievement and because they can be collected...

On that note maybe adding Dimension item achievements will take the edge off the overdose for non builders? "Collect 500 Farm carts" "Collect 500 Farm hoes" "Collect 500 Green Wood Triangles" (etc) with the title "Minion Magnate" to match the "Dimension Magnate" achieve but get an actual title - just a random first coffee of the day idea...

(PS Would have been great to get Dimension Magnate as an actual title, maybe add 10 more keys for the title?)
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-12-2015 at 10:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread