+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New Deepwood Edgestone Ridge "Spaceport Alpha7" Dimension

Soulwalker

Default New Deepwood Edgestone Ridge "Spaceport Alpha7" Dimension

Started this dimension last night. Would like some input on what to do with it next. Was planning on including an inside of the ship via teleport. An alternative would be to add more ships to the port.

Slideshow: http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/ja...T%20Dimensions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Deepwood Edgestone Ridge "Spaceport Alpha7" Dimension-2015-01-06_22-13-29x.jpg  
    Last edited by Jaynis; 02-11-2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added slideshow link

General of Telara

Being a huge sci-fi buff, I was mind blown buy this dim. Great work. The only thing I'd like to see is the inside of the ship or at least and elevator landing where I can seem more of this awesome ship.

Soulwalker

Default Teleport

I anticipated the desire of folks to want to see the inside of the ship so I have added a teleport (PVP Join flag and Start Point) that will eventually take you inside this beast. Right now it puts you on one of the higher platforms for a slightly better view of the ship. If you wait long enough you will notice the ships has a functional "RIFT Drive" in the back.

This is the new flagship of the Empyreal Alliance fleet, complete with Multi-Planar RIFT Drive and top-of-the-line Karthian armaments. The ship was designed to retrofit the newer Nexus cannons which I will do once I have enough Noteriety with the Alliance.

What I do need though, is a good name for the ship. Suggestions welcome.

From the photo you posted that looks like one intimidating space ship! Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Rift Disciple

To steal a line from STNG" Lollipop, shes a good ship..."
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Soulwalker

Default Upgrades...

Added more details and beefed up the primary weapon...

Soulwalker

Default Broken Link

That link doesn't work, sorry, try this one instead (lots of flying carpet images)...

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/ja...T%20Dimensions

First words out of my mouth, when I saw the pic... HOLY WOW! What a spaceship!
    Love the purple light effects, can't WAIT to see that bad boy up close and personal!!

Soulwalker

Default Update

Managed to fish up a Tarken Treasure Chest with another ship engine plus a bunch of other items I found in my storage facilities that when placed strategically took on a magictech "feel". Slideshow link above should show all the latest updates as I go. Keep checking in periodically.

Rift Disciple

Jaw in on floor, amazed at slideshow... want to see it in person... Out of curiosity, was this sketched in adv or grow as you go?
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Soulwalker

Grow as I went. I doodle spaceships in my spare time and they evolve in the same manner. I add bits and pieces as I go. Sometimes I have 5 or 6 incomplete sketches running concurrently. The manner in which I obtain the individual pieces doesn't really lend itself well to a process where the entire object is laid out ahead of time. In the doodles, sometimes I will lightly draw out the entire ship ahead of time to get the general shape, then fill it in. This one started similarly. I was playing around with two sage towers (rotating them and jamming them together) and suddenly it hit me it would make a nice spaceship hull. The rest evolved from that.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

For only T2, it's already looking scary-cool! I can't wait to see it when you finish.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Soulwalker

Default Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

I may have gone a tiny bit overboard, however, with my latest additions. The fire effect on the main weapon is perhaps too busy. I threw in an elevator pad to the left so you can have a top-side view and a brief glimpse of the engines in the rear. You can hop on top of the ship now to get a closer look at things. I'll see if I can find some time to update the slideshow with some recent pics tomorrow.

Soulwalker

Default Update

Hit Tier 3 today while adding bridge superstructure, cover plating and outboard ram scoops. I can't wait to get started on the insides.

Added more screenshots here: http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/ja...T%20Dimensions
    Last edited by Jaynis; 02-11-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Bah

Link above was cut and paste, so it doesn't work. Please use this earlier link:

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/ja...T%20Dimensions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast