+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ailene

Thread: Dimension Limitations

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Limitations

I've noticed a lot how other players can "expand" their dimensions beyond the "green wall". How can I get past the "green wall" in my dimensions? Do I have to actually upgrade my dimensions? If so, how much/how many times do I have to upgrade my dimensions?

Telaran

Theres two was to place items outside the wall.

1. Use the normal placement tool and move them as far as you can, they will go through the wall.

2. Use a blink ability like the riftstalkers teleport, it will blink you through the green wall and you can the place items and explore all you want. Be warned however most of the playerbase doesnt know about this and wont be able to see in detail things u place.

There is no current way to actaully expand the green boundary though.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Some dimensions will allow you to place outside the green bubble, others will not, you will get an error and when you leave, your items will be kicked back in.

Be advised when placing outside the bubble that if something happens, there is no protection for those items and they can be lost with no way to retrieve them.

Also be aware that placing outside the bubble can affect server stability as a whole.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

So basically, players have just been placing their dimension items outside of the green wall/bubble this whole time -while taking the chance of possibly loosing their items in the process? lol.

If I start to place items outside of the green wall/bubble, will it get rid of it in that area or the whole dimension?

And why couldn't RIFT just expand the dimensions in the first place? lol.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stabyspell View Post
    So basically, players have just been placing their dimension items outside of the green wall/bubble this whole time -while taking the chance of possibly loosing their items in the process? lol.

If I start to place items outside of the green wall/bubble, will it get rid of it in that area or the whole dimension?

Placing outside the bubble won't get rid of them (as in destroyed) unless something really bad happens. It is just a possibility and a risk people assume either because they don't know, or they don't care. Either way, those items will still count toward your overall item limit.

As for the last question, there are many differently sized base dimensions, perhaps pick a bigger one?
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

You know, if they expanded them, people would still put items outside the border if they did in the first place and/or they'd still be asking for them to expand the dimensions even more

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Why can't we just have everything? - is a very common question this many months after the release of Dimensions with Storm Legion and is the theme of things for housing across all games I've noticed because builders evolve with every build but there is no way for Devs to keep up with this. Pretty exciting stuff really BUT to answer your queries about the boundaries of Dimensions Faratha gave this interview many months ago.

I do not place things outside the boundary because it could impact the server.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-06-2015 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread