+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: trading dimensions between alts

Soulwalker

Default trading dimensions between alts

I have a dimension on a character I want to delete. If I delete the character I'll loose the dimension, so I was wondering if there's any way I can transfer the dimension to one of my alts. Is this possible or am I stuck with the character forever?

Rift Chaser

Unfortunatly there is no way to transfer a used dinensionkey to another character. the slot is character specific, and onuse the dimkey becomes a no item, so nothing to transfer anymore. Just like used mounts are not tradable anymore. You can buy the key on another character again and with the toolbox addon transfer the items and the build relatively easy to the new dim on the new alt before deleting the old.
    Last edited by Serathe; 12-18-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Soulwalker

Unfortunately the dimension is Icewatch Oupost. I missed the first week of yuletide this year, so I'd have to wait another whole year to get the stupid dark icicles Trion is forcing us to get in order to buy the dimension. Even so, I'd rather not waste 30 icicles on a dimension I already own, considering you only get 30 a year and yet more and more things require 30 dark icicles to buy. Oh well, looks like I'm keeping the character and wasting a character slot. I really like Rift, but it's garbage like this that's making me enjoy the game less and less.
    Last edited by Shadowdragon; 12-18-2014 at 11:21 PM.

And that is why I collect event (or important) dim keys on my main characters, the ones I know I will keep. You can have more than one dimension slot per character.

Plus, it's always good to have an alt with a dimension, the more dims, the merrier I say. I have a ton of alts with a ton of dimensions. Plus, you can always transfer that character to another server and free up a character slot on your current server.

I have characters on all servers, mainly to visit other dimensions there.

Rift Chaser

Can you just transfer the character to another shard, and keep that dim sitting there for now? Then you 'may' have that character slot open on your main shard.. idk
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Can you just transfer the character to another shard, and keep that dim sitting there for now? Then you 'may' have that character slot open on your main shard.. idk
    When you transfer your character to another shard, your dimensions travel with you, so if you've got a completed build and you move, it comes along for the ride.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread