• 3 Post By The Raki
  • 3 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 6 Post By Feendish
  • 4 Post By DimensionDiva

Thread: Free dim items

Default Free dim items

I don't like throwing away what my minions bring me because I am sure someone can use it. So I have been putting everything into a dimension and it is unlocked so the public can pick things up. Feel free to grab whatever ya need.

Raki@faeblight - Free stuff

What a sweetheart! Happy Holidays to you TheRaki - I hope Santa brings you your heart's desire!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    I don't like throwing away what my minions bring me because I am sure someone can use it. So I have been putting everything into a dimension and it is unlocked so the public can pick things up. Feel free to grab whatever ya need.

Raki@faeblight - Free stuff
    You are very generous! And if you aren't always able to maintain your own dimension for sharing items, members of the dimension community sponsor Take a Penny, Leave a Penny (TapLap) dimensions on every shard (NA and EU) specifically for sharing dimension items. You, or anybody feeling generous, can donate items you don't need or want by dropping them off in the TapLap dimension on your home shard. Thanks for sharing your items!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Rift Disciple

!!!

Thank you! I'll have to check it out.

Default everything taken out of Take a penny on FB

I just thought I would mention that we must have a very greedy person on FB that took EVERYTHING from the Take a penny dims on Faeblight...

Well I just thought I would let everyone know that this has happened... Guess it will get filled up again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tavah View Post
    I just thought I would mention that we must have a very greedy person on FB that took EVERYTHING from the Take a penny dims on Faeblight...

Well I just thought I would let everyone know that this has happened... Guess it will get filled up again...
    What pathetic losers. I hope Santa flies over these bleepity-bleeper's homes and orders his reindeer to drop a big, steaming load!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    What pathetic losers. I hope Santa flies over these bleepity-bleeper's homes and orders his reindeer to drop a big, steaming load!
    This is why I have been weary of making a featured post for the Take a Penny dimension. It's an awesome concept but I'm concerned that if the info makes it outside dimension circles into the general public that things like this can happen.

It'll surely be filled up super-fast though with all the dimension items people get from minions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    It'll surely be filled up super-fast though with all the dimension items people get from minions.
    Its pretty public in most posts since 3.0 especially with players wanting minion dimension items to disappear so I wouldn't worry about it and as you pretty much say Marko it will fill up even faster if more know. Its a choice all around and a risk regardless if 10 people know or 100 but we have more than enough to share.

EDIT: That doesn't mean it's a good thing someone takes all but MAYBE a new player got excited and is sitting in a Sanguine shores going Axis crazy having fun with the items...we can hope!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-22-2014 at 11:05 PM.

I have never been worried about people emptying them . They fill back up . I always put items I dont want in there that someone else might want. If they empty it then I guess they wanted it hehe. Its happened before it will happen again and again its ok . Just smile and like Kiwi said maybe its a new builder who just started to learn and they are going bat **** crazy.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    This is why I have been weary of making a featured post for the Take a Penny dimension. It's an awesome concept but I'm concerned that if the info makes it outside dimension circles into the general public that things like this can happen.

It is pretty cyclical, just from watching the TAPLAP on Greybriar. It's gone from 150-ish to 2k items, then back down to 400 (good luck to someone who is trying to sell all that stuff), and then starts climbing back up. It's the risk anyone takes by putting things in here that someone might just plunder it all.

I hope, I really hope, that the items are getting taken by a new builder that's going buck wild in Sanguine Shores or Warden's Point, and I can't wait to see what they do with 400 triangles!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It is pretty cyclical, just from watching the TAPLAP on Greybriar. It's gone from 150-ish to 2k items, then back down to 400 (good luck to someone who is trying to sell all that stuff), and then starts climbing back up. It's the risk anyone takes by putting things in here that someone might just plunder it all.

I hope, I really hope, that the items are getting taken by a new builder that's going buck wild in Sanguine Shores or Warden's Point, and I can't wait to see what they do with 400 triangles!
    There's little likelihood that anyone's getting rich on dim items right now. I have a toon on every shard for AH purposes, and there's just no shard where prices are "normal"....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Curious Kit and Baradara? Have you considered making a time on a certain day to be in the TAPLAP's less full to invite players cross shard to place items on other shards? It might be handy (only if suitable for you of course) too avoid that "take stuff before it fills" vibe. Just a random idea that might be fun for you and everyone.

I still have hope that builders are getting some of the TapLap stuff, but I don't believe they are getting all of it. Does that mean I no longer support the TapLaps .... of course not! I sponsor the one on Wolfsbane and I still donate frequently. But now I only donate lesser items like leftover building blocks, generic minion loot, and items I don't like. I no longer donate trophy items, higher value items, or crafted items, like I used to, I share those more directly now.

Many of you are so easy going about TapLap stuff, and that is very commendable, but I can't quit caring about the good stuff being taken because of greed instead of need. It's the principle, not the amount of silver/gold/platinum involved. I never said I was sensible ... or kind.

+ Reply to Thread