• 5 Post By polynomia
  • 9 Post By Fallingdown
  • 7 Post By Kahlann
  • 4 Post By Atanna
  • 1 Post By Kahlann

Thread: Tree Decorating Contest!

Default Tree Decorating Contest!

Hello Dimension Builders!

Absolom Asylum is pleased to wish you a Merry Christmas, from our nut-house on Faeblight to yours, and sponsor a Tree Decorating Contest!

The rules are simple; Pick a tree and decorate it according to your vision using any dimension items available! Post your Character name, server, and dimension name here.

Judging starts on New Years Day.

1st Prize; Bundle of of Mystery Box: Dimension Wonders.
    2nd Prize; Limited Edition: Merry Mink Trove and Mystery Box: Dimension Wonders.
    3rd Prize; Cobald Crabnarok Supply Crate and Mystery Box: Dimensional Wonders.

Happy Decorating!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

This is very generous and festive of you, have fun and happy holidays to all of you

Quick questions...
    Item Limit? and so we have to keep the Dimension locked until the closed date?
    I plan on working on this when the servers are done maintenance

No item limit and it's up to you if you want to lock your dimension for secrecy. This is just a straight up opportunity to show off your festive tree decorating creativity! I was remembering that just before the first pre-decorated Christmas Tree appeared in RIFT I had just finished placing and decorating my own in a dimension. I thought it would be super fun to inspire more people to create their own decorations and see what they come up with.

When does this contest end? Can we do this in an already built dimension and does it matter what tree we use?
    Teslachu@greybriar ~ Check out my dimensions!: The Ascended Sanctuary; HP - The Forbidden Forest; The Fountain of Dreams; Tesla's Wedding Chapel;

Rift Disciple

Default Thank you for spreading holiday cheer! :)

I was really inspired by your spirited contest, and humbly submit my entry ("Christmas light and Yule log" by Caelllia@Deepwood):
    Tree Decorating Contest!-christmas-light-yule-log.jpg
    It's now open to the public, so all are welcome to stop by and grab a mug of wassail, hot tea or wine then warm yourself in the Christmas light and Yule log -- cheers!

Wishing you, Absolom Asylum and everyone else in the community a Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Teslachu View Post
    When does this contest end? Can we do this in an already built dimension and does it matter what tree we use?
    Any tree, yes you can use an already built dimension, and the contest ends at the beginning of New Years Day, game time. =o)

I have finished my Christmas tree now
    It's in my winter cabin dimension inside the cabin.

Character name: Polynomia
    Dimension name: Poly's winter cabin
    server: Gelidra

The dimension is open to visitors

Default My Magenta Messmas Tree

So I finally finished my tree, it's not as pink as I like, but it's close enough. This dimension is open to visitors with a sense of humor. Tree Decorating Contest!-messmas-tree.jpg

Dimension: Drunken Messmas
    Owner: Pinkmink
    Shard: Laeyths

Plane Touched

Default Move Slackers we're late!

With Santa gone bad (referring to Ralitza's dim: Bad Santa on Gelidra) the elves have been total slackers. It took a lot of effort to whip them into shape again and have them start decorating the big Christmas tree. However it is late already and far from finished. Let this be a lesson to them!!!! No hot coco till it is done!

ps: i used the animal contest dim so if ur wondering what that stupid big kelari stairs thing is doing in the middle of nowhere: it is put on top of my build so no one can see it, yet. Diva , I hope that is ok for you.

owner: Berch
    shard: Zaviel
    dim: Move slackers, we're late!
    Last edited by Kahlann; 12-31-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Soulwalker

Char. name: Hroda
    Dimension name: Mountain Cottage
    Server: Gelidra

Christmas tree is inside the log cabin.

Thank you to everyone who participated! Exploring your creations was good fun for me. =o)
    Without further Adiu!

Third prize goes to Polynomia on Gelidra for her lovely thick foliaged tree. I especially liked the miniaturized favour flowers which were very reminiscent of pointsetta. The ornaments were beautifully placed and the overall effect was elegant.

Second prize goes to Pinkmink on Laethys for her Nightmare Before Christmas vibed tree. The use of the miniaturised skulls was very unique and bonus points for the impressive tree topper!

First prize goes to Berch of Zaviel for really getting into the spirit of Christmas with his worker elves busily decorating a gigantic tree, compete with scaffolding. Impressive detail, and very cute little elves.

I hope everyone had a good time!

Plane Touched

Thank you very much for the boxes. I had some very nice items in them

For those that has not seen it yet, there are a lot of elves in that dim. Can you find them all?
    Wisp me how many you found and I will tell you if you are correct

+ Reply to Thread