+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: World Event Kits

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default World Event Kits

Please. Enough with the dimension items in kits. I'm begging, here.

My bank slots are also begging, all of which are full from wonderful minions--my minions and those minions belonging to people who don't build dimensions, who send all their stuff to me, so that storing the items becomes my probelm. My plat--or lack thereof--is also begging because the items I don't want and can't store in my bulging banks (and I can't buy any more slots for them, since they're all already at max) won't sell because the prices for dimension items on the AH are at the bottom of the tank.

There are a handful of kit items that I like very much, and I stock up on these items (read, the entire freaking kit), since availability has been cut off for the rest of the year. The exception to this, apparently, is Summerfest, the dimension items of which have been on the store since, well, Summerfest.

I do not need 55 Fae Yule Trees, when I want Wassail Bowls and Cephalon Statues. I really don't care to have 67 Vandalized Fae Yule Trees that I'll more than likely end up destroying just to make room for something more valuable to me, like Wreaths and now Jingling Bells. It goes against my hoarding nature to needlessly destroy a dimension item, but sometimes, hard choices must be made. With a sigh and a heavy heart, I will make the choice between a Vandalized Fae Yule Tree and a Fae Yule Pine Tree (sorry, Vandalized Tree, you lose).

Give those who want the kits the option to buy the kits. For the rest of us, we would greatly appreciate being able to purchase items on an individual basis. See Autumn Harvest, which just ended recently, for a great way to sell event related dimension items.

Thank you.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

AMEN. ('nuff said)
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

I agree completely
    Not to mention (but i will anyhow), that this is my first Fae Yule, and I dont know what items are actually IN each kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Please. Enough with the dimension items in kits. I'm begging, here.

My bank slots are also begging, all of which are full from wonderful minions--my minions and those minions belonging to people who don't build dimensions, who send all their stuff to me, so that storing the items becomes my probelm. My plat--or lack thereof--is also begging because the items I don't want and can't store in my bulging banks (and I can't buy any more slots for them, since they're all already at max) won't sell because the prices for dimension items on the AH are at the bottom of the tank.

There are a handful of kit items that I like very much, and I stock up on these items (read, the entire freaking kit), since availability has been cut off for the rest of the year. The exception to this, apparently, is Summerfest, the dimension items of which have been on the store since, well, Summerfest.

I do not need 55 Fae Yule Trees, when I want Wassail Bowls and Cephalon Statues. I really don't care to have 67 Vandalized Fae Yule Trees that I'll more than likely end up destroying just to make room for something more valuable to me, like Wreaths and now Jingling Bells. It goes against my hoarding nature to needlessly destroy a dimension item, but sometimes, hard choices must be made. With a sigh and a heavy heart, I will make the choice between a Vandalized Fae Yule Tree and a Fae Yule Pine Tree (sorry, Vandalized Tree, you lose).

Give those who want the kits the option to buy the kits. For the rest of us, we would greatly appreciate being able to purchase items on an individual basis. See Autumn Harvest, which just ended recently, for a great way to sell event related dimension items.

Thank you.
    This ^
    10char
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Last year I found a npc in Santa's Village that sold dimension items singularly. I didn't buy any dimension item boxes last year so I'm not sure if these are the same as what's in the boxes, but they had candles and sleds and snow piles and strings of lights and snowmen etc. So it might be worth checking out Santa's Village when Fae Yule IAs kick off.

I agree with the post completely, I wish we weren't forced to buy whole kits for only one item we want from them!

Quote Originally Posted by some1232 View Post
    Last year I found a npc in Santa's Village that sold dimension items singularly. I didn't buy any dimension item boxes last year so I'm not sure if these are the same as what's in the boxes, but they had candles and sleds and snow piles and strings of lights and snowmen etc. So it might be worth checking out Santa's Village when Fae Yule IAs kick off.
    I can confirm this, this npc still sells separate items. Only the old ones though, but it's still great! Snow, giftboxes, lights, wassail bowl... stock up before he disappears!
    Last edited by Seyler; 12-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.

swo

hehe, I think that all dimensioneers and just general pack-rats, feel your anguish. Nothing I hate more than clutter in my bags and bank. I also have 2 . . . almost 3 now, 1500+ item dimensions FULL of items, only reason my bank is so clean lol :P I still have to reorganize on a daily basis however ^_^

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

Quote Originally Posted by some1232 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    I can confirm this, this npc still sells separate items. Only the old ones though, but it's still great! Snow, giftboxes, lights, wassail bowl... stock up before he disappears!
    I'm glad they brought him back this year.

However, it isn't just Fae Yule. What about Carnival of the Ascended, which is your one chance of the year to get cups, plates, bowls, and Kitasia's Cupcakes, along with stacks (literally), of Feast Platters? At Carnival, there is no vendor to get items individually, and Summerfest is the same way, where nothing is individually sold except for the music boxes.

Baradara@Greybriar

Hmm, maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but the only dimension related NPC I can see is Mr Gold, and all he sells is kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Hmm, maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but the only dimension related NPC I can see is Mr Gold, and all he sells is kits.
    It's not Mr.Gold, it's Eli Wyllyce. I have no idea where he is in Freemarch but in Silverwood he's around 7110,3085 (in "Fae Yule Village"). If he's not up, try shard hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    The Village is triggered by Freemarch/Silverwood Instant Adventures. There's I think 7 or so adventures that are Fae Yule themed and when they are completed the village spawns. The NPCs are pretty much the same as the ones in town with the exception that the Dimension Merchant sells the items separately from boxes (not including the items from the 2014 collection).

I agree with you, Feendish. I hope they will at least put in a NPC for each world event that sells these items individually so we can bulk buy the ones we like the best.

Fantastic. I found the dude in Silverwood and now have the candles I wanted as well as trees for my houses! Thank you

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I do not need 55 Fae Yule Trees, when I want Wassail Bowls and Cephalon Statues. I really don't care to have 67 Vandalized Fae Yule Trees that I'll more than likely end up destroying just to make room for something more valuable to me, like Wreaths and now Jingling Bells.
    Ummm, I have a great use for Fae Yule Xmas trees, even the vandalised ones. If you're going to destroy them anyways, a radish could give them a good home...

This post just goes to show that one Feendish's trash is another Radish's treasure.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Ummm, I have a great use for Fae Yule Xmas trees, even the vandalised ones. If you're going to destroy them anyways, a radish could give them a good home...

This post just goes to show that one Feendish's trash is another Radish's treasure.
    Lol, someone else already came to the Vandalized Tree rescue and saved those I had from needless destruction. As for the normal Fae Yule Trees, I do have a use for those, but I do have some extras if you need them.

Baradara@Greybriar

I think these kits are mis-represented. I got 4 "trees" in the decorations kit, which i bought of course because i didnt really want a tree. Much like the cape i bought for an achieve i didnt get - but that is a different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast