+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Gothica: Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Gothica: Greybriar

Hello again! I thought I would share my latest build, located in Infinity Gate (thank you, Diva!) and inspired in part by Nouvae, Atraius and this picture:

Gothica: Greybriar-gothic_castle.jpg

I've never had good luck with castles, but this one was a real pleasure...and it may have just bumped Black Flower Shrine for the favorite's spot.

Gothica: Greybriar-2014-12-04_215532.jpg

I hope visitors enjoy their stay, get out of the rain and warm up by the fire.

Dimension: Gothica
    Owner: Whatchacallit
    Shard: Greybriar

Thank you!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

I had the extreme pleasure of getting a personal tour through this latest dimension by Whatchacallit (Feendish). It is amazing, both inside and out. From the lush landscaping, and gorgeous dual fountains, to the spectacular furnishings (fantastc sofa and chair!), glorious chandelier, and amazingly detailed décor (check the bedroom ceiling!) ... this is a showstopper! Gothica is the perfect name since it features oodles of rococo and baroque embellishments everywhere. Kudos on another brilliant build, Feendish!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

And it looked even better inside! Glad I made a visit, and nice to meet you there, now I don't have to wonder what you used as backs on the sofa and chair...

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    I had the extreme pleasure of getting a personal tour through this latest dimension by Whatchacallit (Feendish). It is amazing, both inside and out. From the lush landscaping, and gorgeous dual fountains, to the spectacular furnishings (fantastc sofa and chair!), glorious chandelier, and amazingly detailed décor (check the bedroom ceiling!) ... this is a showstopper! Gothica is the perfect name since it features oodles of rococo and baroque embellishments everywhere. Kudos on another brilliant build, Feendish!
    Aww, thank you, Diva. I had so much fun building this (no matter how much I grumbled). This is one of the few where I wish the item limit was higher so I could open up the kitchen, the second floor and the tower stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    And it looked even better inside! Glad I made a visit, and nice to meet you there, now I don't have to wonder what you used as backs on the sofa and chair...
    Thank you! It was nice to meet you as well. The sofa and chair will be getting uploaded to DA, so when you get over the heart attack from the number of pieces (especially in the sofa), the set would be easy enough to modify.

There's a couple of others that use the windows in seating--most notably Nouvae's Millrush Manor, which inspired this set.

Baradara@Greybriar

Woah! Picture looks sweet, Feendish! Can't wait to check it out!

Such a pretty castle with detailed facade and realistic windows, I'm always in love with your arches, glad you decided to not cover them up, those windows must be seen! And the perfect chandelier! The whole place is dreamy... did I mention I love the windows?
    And the best part is that you enjoyed building and are happy with it

Just fabulous -- loved it all

Where does one find those gargoyles (or are they 'built-in')?
    Last edited by Syveren; 12-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    And the best part is that you enjoyed building and are happy with it
    Thank you, and I absolutely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syveren View Post
    Just fabulous -- loved it all

Where does one find those gargoyles (or are they 'built-in')?
    Thank you! The gargoyles are from level 25 guild quests. Sometimes, you get lucky and find them on the AH, those 2 had been collecting dust in the bank for months.

Baradara@Greybriar

WOW - what an amazing build. The couch and chair just blew me away. Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful creations on DA!!

Beautiful dimension!

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    WOW - what an amazing build. The couch and chair just blew me away. Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful creations on DA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Beautiful dimension!
    Thank you!

I think DA is very underused, on both sides of the coin--either sharing or using, and more so with the sharing. It's a great tool to help new builders get a feel for both Toolbox (or DT, whichever is preferred) and working with a lot of the items. From loading a saved set, it's a very short step to modifying that set, then to making your own and hopefully sharing it in turn.

Baradara@Greybriar

I think you might have outdone yourself with this one. The exterior is amazing all by itself but then I was blown away by all the furniture morphs inside. In particular, the lighting creates some fantastic illusions so the effect is *gobsmacked* (thanks Rali).

For maybe the first time, I wished there was a higher item count so I could see what else you'd create in more rooms. Well done, Bara!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I love each and every one of your dimensions, but I'm with Jaedor on this, you have outdone yourself this time! So beautiful inside and out, in every last detail. I adore the furniture and that chandelier!! It is a truly outstanding dimension!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I agree, you have outdone yourself Feendish! I was just starting to get over "A cold winter's night" with the wonderful house & furnishings & POW you hit me with this one. Just spectacular the furniture is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    For maybe the first time, I wished there was a higher item count so I could see what else you'd create in more rooms. Well done, Bara!
    Thank you so much! On this one, I actually agree with you, I would have loved to see a higher item limit, because I really got into this one. The challenges of what to keep and what to not have were very difficult (except for the bathroom, that was easy to decide to leave out).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I love each and every one of your dimensions, but I'm with Jaedor on this, you have outdone yourself this time! So beautiful inside and out, in every last detail. I adore the furniture and that chandelier!! It is a truly outstanding dimension!!
    Thank you! I've missed seeing you around!

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    I agree, you have outdone yourself Feendish! I was just starting to get over "A cold winter's night" with the wonderful house & furnishings & POW you hit me with this one. Just spectacular the furniture is amazing!
    Winter's Night is another one that's pretty near and dear, and both of them have me looking at my older houses and really looking at tearing a lot of them down (Pines and Ivy is already gone, and Winter Retreat is next).

Minions are bringing me stuff faster than I can use it!

Thank you!

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast