+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: T.a.p.l.a.p.

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,085

    Default T.a.p.l.a.p.

    I just wanted to share what I zoned into today. Made me giggle.


    T.a.p.l.a.p.-2014-12-04_100555.jpg

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I just wanted to share what I zoned into today. Made me giggle.


    Attachment 21006
    LOL! That's great stuff.

    The TAPLAP on Greybriar needs a tier 6 upgrade...
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Wow, that's cool, Kit!

    Like Greybriar, the Wolfsbane TapLap has been on the brink of filling to the brim! It's T5 already so I will open TapLapToo, if needed. The idea of moving it all is too frightening! Luckily (or not), the other day it dropped by 1K+ items overnight .... from popularity, I hope!

    My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

  4. #4
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    I can send each of you some plat for upgrades - not lots, because I don't have lots, but I'll spare what I can.

    And Kit, that's tooooo funny! Someone has a great sense of humor!

    [Please let me know toon names to get the plat....]
    Last edited by Narcise; 12-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I can send each of you some plat for upgrades - not lots, because I don't have lots, but I'll spare what I can.

    And Kit, that's tooooo funny! Someone has a great sense of humor!

    [Please let me know toon names to get the plat....]
    @Narcise: You are so kind to offer but I can cover the Wolfsbane TapLap and I have a couple of upgraded but empty dimensions if WB needs a TapLapToo in the future. Thank you so much, Narcise.

    My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

  6. #6
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    @Narcise: You are so kind to offer but I can cover the Wolfsbane TapLap and I have a couple of upgraded but empty dimensions if WB needs a TapLapToo in the future. Thank you so much, Narcise.
    Okay! But if you need it at some point let me know!

    [Also, I'm NOT the one who took 1k or so items - I saw that the total went down myself and was wondering! It went from like an overstuffed bed-sitter to Buckingham Palace!]
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Okay! But if you need it at some point let me know!

    [Also, I'm NOT the one who took 1k or so items - I saw that the total went down myself and was wondering! It went from like an overstuffed bed-sitter to Buckingham Palace!]
    @Narcise: LOL! Now I'll always think of TapLap by your nicknames, depending on how full it is!

    I'd be surprised if the thieves are members of the dimension community. I think some outside opportunists are taking advantage of the generosity of Dimensionerds. If only dimensions had more advanced access controls, even just a log.

    My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

  8. #8
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    What am I looking at, why is this funny?

  9. #9
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What am I looking at, why is this funny?
    It's a take on the Welcome to Hollywood sign on the hill....

    @Diva - well, if that's the case, they're not making much on them - you can't sell even really rare stuff much less the usual items. I kind of hope (especially at this time of year) that it's people who've wanted to play with dims but haven't had the plat or credits to get started and just heard about the TapLaps.... but then, I'm a glass-half-full person so....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    It's a take on the Welcome to Hollywood sign on the hill....

    @Diva - well, if that's the case, they're not making much on them - you can't sell even really rare stuff much less the usual items. I kind of hope (especially at this time of year) that it's people who've wanted to play with dims but haven't had the plat or credits to get started and just heard about the TapLaps.... but then, I'm a glass-half-full person so....
    GB's TAPLAP was pretty empty last night, too, compared to what it was (from 1700ish items to 700) - a huge amount of the building blocks were removed, as well as the insane amount of Shop Sign's that were in there (there had to be 100 of those, lol). If anything, it looks like someone did some early 'spring cleaning' of some of the items that had piled up and weren't being removed, just added to.

    And you're right, if anyones taking items to try and sell, they aren't making any money off of them. Very, very few items are worth over a plat on the auction house anymore.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    GB's TAPLAP was pretty empty last night, too, compared to what it was (from 1700ish items to 700) - a huge amount of the building blocks were removed, as well as the insane amount of Shop Sign's that were in there (there had to be 100 of those, lol). If anything, it looks like someone did some early 'spring cleaning' of some of the items that had piled up and weren't being removed, just added to.

    And you're right, if anyones taking items to try and sell, they aren't making any money off of them. Very, very few items are worth over a plat on the auction house anymore.
    It's climbing back up, slowly but surely. I've seen a lot of newer faces in there when I've gone in for the daily drop off or to just goof around (the tower of spheres was a moment of builder's block). As far as the shop signs go, if someone found a use for them, more power to them! It's interesting to me to watch the numbers fluctuate, as well as try to trend what the most commonly picked up items are (any plants and modular walls).
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It's interesting to me to watch the numbers fluctuate, as well as try to trend what the most commonly picked up items are (any plants and modular walls).
    I agree, which is what I'd told someone who was in there chatting with me while I tidied up the piles of doom (someone fenced in the spawn point with building blocks, you literally could not move >.>. They all got my storage dimensions treatment - stacked neatly by type - <3 you Dimension Tools addon) - and, like I'd told them, some of us only really go in there to drop off items, so it evens out. I know I personally donated 130 trees yesterday (that forest got chopped down quickly ), and a ton of Mossy, Snowy, and Silverwood houses.

    What I've noticed is that plants, trees, snowy anything, and certain types of decorations go very quickly, its interesting to see what other people use, and I'm always putting tons of things into TAP because I really like to buy the Dimension Stashes, and get overloaded with items I have no use for (like the snowy items), or items I already have a large amount of. I mainly buy them because they sometimes give items I need that are expensive on the Rift Store, and rare on the auction house, for much, much cheaper on average - like the Freemarch Ground Cover, Autumn Bush, Hedges, and the various pansy/impatien/rose/violet groundcovers. For example, I have a storage Dimension titles "Plants", under the character Voleur - its a Dormant Core dimension with nothing but plants (no trees) and a couple large floor items to place the plants on neatly - every single one of those came out of these lovely, lovely stashes. If only they gave more Mossy Outcrops
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

  13. #13
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    I agree, which is what I'd told someone who was in there chatting with me while I tidied up the piles of doom (someone fenced in the spawn point with building blocks, you literally could not move >.>. They all got my storage dimensions treatment - stacked neatly by type - <3 you Dimension Tools addon) - and, like I'd told them, some of us only really go in there to drop off items, so it evens out. I know I personally donated 130 trees yesterday (that forest got chopped down quickly ), and a ton of Mossy, Snowy, and Silverwood houses.

    What I've noticed is that plants, trees, snowy anything, and certain types of decorations go very quickly, its interesting to see what other people use, and I'm always putting tons of things into TAP because I really like to buy the Dimension Stashes, and get overloaded with items I have no use for (like the snowy items), or items I already have a large amount of. I mainly buy them because they sometimes give items I need that are expensive on the Rift Store, and rare on the auction house, for much, much cheaper on average - like the Freemarch Ground Cover, Autumn Bush, Hedges, and the various pansy/impatien/rose/violet groundcovers. For example, I have a storage Dimension titles "Plants", under the character Voleur - its a Dormant Core dimension with nothing but plants (no trees) and a couple large floor items to place the plants on neatly - every single one of those came out of these lovely, lovely stashes. If only they gave more Mossy Outcrops
    I, uh, did help myself to a couple of the snowy trees, for a rebuild in Kestrel's I've got upcoming, so thank you for those! I am a habitual shopper of AH deals, which means there's no room in my banks for the many stash items I'm receiving not only from my own minions, but from my wonderful guildmates as well (one of whom sent me 6 6-star stashes the other day ).

    I noticed the neat piles of building blocks, and for that, I thank you!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  14. #14
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What am I looking at, why is this funny?
    Your looking at people building random things in it . Which is always funny to walk into a free for all dim.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I notices GBs has been much neater. A guildie of mine who maintains 4 private storage dims for the guild (3 owned by me) loves it when they see things they have placed used by other people. I will admit to liberating 12 meridian shop signs to experiment with... Found something to make with them just need to work it into a build but I seem to be on a dwarvish kick atm and it doesn't fin in their style..
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts