• 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Ualani
  • 1 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Nouvae
  • 3 Post By Zillaan

Thread: New DIM on Deepwood: The Fourth Seal

Default New DIM on Deepwood: The Fourth Seal

Well - I am pleased to announce the opening of another DIM, this time with a creepy/Halloween feel. It is based in that wonderful new Dimension - Harrow Crypt.

There is a bit of a back story to this Dimension, and it was originally loosely based on a line from Revelations - "And he opened the fourth seal. And I looked, and behold a pale horse and his name that sat on him was DEATH, and HELL followed with him."
    Adding to that, as the DIM evolved, was the concept of an archaeological dig gone horribly wrong. The final back story is as follows...

A group of archaeologists have been working to uncover the entrance to an ancient room that is supposed to be "filled with the riches of Kings". Years of studying old manuscripts have led them to a dig on the side of a cliff to the east of an old, abandon church. The original purpose of the church is unknown, but more recently it had been used to perform sacrifices on an altar before the statue of an ancient horned goddess. The last sacrificial victim has lain upon the altar for decades, perhaps centuries.
    After months of digging and erecting scaffolding, new information had resulted in the excavation being moved to the rear of the church building. Here, they finally met with success - and uncovered the entrance to a passage that led deep into the mountain. This discovery came with a cost, as three members of the team were crushed in the collapse that revealed the opening. Many more people were lost to the denizens of the hidden passage, until only the leader of the group remained - to find an enormous cavern with a gigantic metal plate for a floor. Near the center of the north wall, a giant wheel extruded from the wall, and when turned, release titanic clamps and caused massive chains to lift the metal plate.
    Hell itself, not Kings riches, was below that seal. "What have I done?", was the archaeologist's dying breath, as flames consumed him. Death himself rode up from the depths, leading the minions of Hell. Above ground, ruptures appeared, spouting fire, smoke and nightmare creatures. The sky itself was set aflame. The statue of the ancient horned goddess began to glow with power. Undead and spirits rose from graves.

And at the back of the Hellish chamber, Satan laughed to see his realm released...

Well - there is a lot going on in this Dimension, from the diggers camp, the ancient church, the destruction above ground, all the way down to Hell itself - lol
    I hope you all enjoy the visit. I look forward to all comments and suggestions.

OMG Zill, your new dim is AMAZING! You are a very talented builder and with so much imagination!

Your horseman of the apocalypse is wicked awesome! What an amazing build!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Love the scene played out in the actual crypt, and really good usage of some of the Nightmare rift items, like the jaw arch. Very well done with the smoke and fogs. In short, great work!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Awesome stuff Zill....really great!
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

That is one frighteningly hellish place down there
    And the pale horse is stunning!
    Poor Frosty, how is he still alive in that heat?!
    Excellent work with the atmosphere, both inside and outside.
    (But isn't that scaffolding west of the church, not the east? )

I take it this is the dimension you were referring to about the VFX issues, in my experience I didn't have any problems, and the mood you were trying to convey was very apparent. I like that you gave your dimension some background story, that always makes it so much more interesting. My favorite area had to be when I entered the cave and saw the Horseman, just wow what an amazing job you did on this morph and the whole scene. Awesome job all around and great attention to details.

OMG Seyler - you are right! I guess with all the destruction, i got my directions mixed up.
    As for the horse of death - i can't take total credit for the design. I used a design I saw in another DIM (can't remember the name - but it featured faeries from all 4 seasons and had an awesome Unicorn). I of course modified it and added the flames, etc.
    One thing i learned from this build is that the "small sandstorm" VFX is an excellent way to simulate heat.
    Also - I have posted both the Altar of Sacrifice and the Statue of Ram Goddess sets on Dimensionaddicts.com for anyone who would like to use them. What an awesome website!

Super creepy dimension! Death riding the pale horse is awesome and I love what you did in the crypt!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Plane Touched

I am glad my unicorn inspired you Will check out your dim later!

General of Telara

So going to check this one out.

+ Reply to Thread