+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Zillaan
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Favorite DIMs on a list?

Default Favorite DIMs on a list?

As I was touring today, the thought occurred to me - wouldn't it be nice to be able to but DIMs we have toured on a favorites list accessible from the Dimensions menu?

But, but, but there are sooooooooo many. How can you list the grains of sands on a beach?

Yea, I have A LOT of favorites, maybe it would be nice to add our favorite builders names to a list, and see all their dimensions in one place. Maybe someone can create an add-on for this sort of thing, I have wondered if it's possible.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Maybe someone can create an add-on for this sort of thing, I have wondered if it's possible.
    No it is not without access to certain information not available to general public. Attempted this along with adding a UI for placing more info on each dimension in Dimension Tools so people could add a story, builders, date built etc if they wanted and visitors could read when they entered. Also looked at a PvP Dimensions ladder add on but time and effort required did not work out to further that project.

EDIT: I should clarify that it was not possible if you wanted others to read it. As far as making a list of your own for yourself something like Notepad on your pc or Google Keep even Google Share (Maybe a site would like to set that up where everyone shares them?) seemed easier.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-28-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    No it is not without access to certain information not available to general public. Attempted this along with adding a UI for placing more info on each dimension in Dimension Tools so people could add a story, builders, date built etc if they wanted and visitors could read when they entered. Also looked at a PvP Dimensions ladder add on but time and effort required did not work out to further that project.
    Thanks for the clarification.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.
    No prob I pondered whether I should say or not because I would hate to deter anyone else but I learned doing DT's with Kikimora how much time addons take and those capable are more devastated when they hit a wall someone else has because of the accessibility to the data needed and not the correct/updated coding and no one said when talked about. I hope anyone gives any addons for Rift a go because they sure are handy and welcome when working!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread