+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By riftqael
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Time of Day - has a range?

Shadowlander

Default Time of Day - has a range?

Are the Time of Day items supposed to have a range? In my Anywhere dimension, if I place a ToD item and then start running in one direction, eventually I seem to run out of range of it and the dimension's natural time takes over.

Also, the "last one placed" mechanic is broken. If I place two, the second does take over. However, if I run out of range, and the natural time takes over, when I run back into range, the *first* one I placed takes over, not the last one I placed.

I've noticed in general that the time of day items seem a little glitchy in Anywhere...or certainly it does in mine.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Soulwalker

I have the same issue in my three springs dim... I place the time of day in the middle by the tavern, but if I run out to the dock area, it goes back to the rightful time of day. Definitely something either bugged with the range or something has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxese View Post
    I have the same issue in my three springs dim... I place the time of day in the middle by the tavern, but if I run out to the dock area, it goes back to the rightful time of day. Definitely something either bugged with the range or something has changed.
    Yep. Have the same issue with the same dim.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I think the time of day items have been glitchy since the expac. I have noticed problem with other FX (especially Fire), that only a complete game exit and restart can fix. But as above - my time of day item in Anywhere turns on and off as I move around the DIM. Occasionally, I have had them just plain not work until a restart. I have only noticed this problem since the Expac - so mebbe these items need a fix?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I just upgraded my video card, motherboard and power supply this weekend after PC fried. Before doing that items were glitchy since 2.9 (Fix was done to elevators etc thank you) - now they are fine.

VFX/Projecting items are regularly sensitive dependent on the workload given the Dimension it seems I try to limit each Dimension to 20 max VFX effects 20 max lights 20 max any other non static item using only half capacity where possible. I also wonder if sky projectors might clash with time? - something to test

Feel free to check out these Part One: (Advanced Settings) and Part Two: (Items & Placement) VFX Video tutorials if having ongoing probs OR maybe update/upgrade video cards also? Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-16-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Been having issues lately with Time of Day in Caer Kholum as well.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I just upgraded my video card, motherboard and power supply this weekend after PC fried. Before doing that items were glitchy since 2.9 (Fix was done to elevators etc thank you) - now they are fine.

VFX/Projecting items are regularly sensitive dependent on the workload given the Dimension it seems I try to limit each Dimension to 20 max VFX effects 20 max lights 20 max any other non static item using only half capacity where possible. I also wonder if sky projectors might clash with time? - something to test

Feel free to check out these Part One: (Advanced Settings) and Part Two: (Items & Placement) VFX Video tutorials if having ongoing probs OR maybe update/upgrade video cards also? Hope it helps.
    Hmm. Unfortunate.... I want to "trim" a lot of the ground cover in Temple of the Abandoned - and even going with only 10 of the mushrooms, whenever I leave for a while (like overnight) they're not working when I get back in there.... and I really need probably 30 of them!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Hmm. Unfortunate.... I want to "trim" a lot of the ground cover in Temple of the Abandoned - and even going with only 10 of the mushrooms, whenever I leave for a while (like overnight) they're not working when I get back in there.... and I really need probably 30 of them!
    On PTS when it TotA came out I covered the whole ground (raised it a bit) with sandstone slate which you might have a few of now with minions.

On PTS when it TotA came out I covered the whole ground (raised it a bit) with sandstone slate which you might have a few of now with minions.
    There's a thought.... I might be able to micromanage so some of the grassy areas remain up near the rotunda - and just use the mushrooms on them....

*sigh* Oh for some "grass" tiles!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

There's a thought.... I might be able to micromanage so some of the grassy areas remain up near the rotunda - and just use the mushrooms on them....

*sigh* Oh for some "grass" tiles!
    Underwater terrain paint is so good for grass effects however it doesn't cover the sandstone tiles - which might be a good thing!

Underwater terrain paint is so good for grass effects however it doesn't cover the sandstone tiles - which might be a good thing!
    I can't ever see the terrain paint effects anyway.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I can't ever see the terrain paint effects anyway.
    Dude you're missing out did you check the video for advanced setting I linked above? I so hope this helps you as the vfx items are so pretty /fingerscrossed

Dude you're missing out did you check the video for advanced setting I linked above? I so hope this helps you as the vfx items are so pretty /fingerscrossed
    Yes I did.... I have everything maxed, always have had. Didn't see anything in the video which I thought would help with not being able to see them. I can't even see them on building blocks. I've tried leaving the dim/re-entering etc. - still nothing. It certainly could be an issue with my now very-antique graphics card. I really don't want to upgrade though as I'm going to give myself a whole new rig next spring....

The other thing that's so strange is that I can see the stained-glass projections and the sky projections just fine.

+ Reply to Thread