+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What music do you listen to when building?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default What music do you listen to when building?

I love all sorts of music but these are my two "go to" Youtube vids:

Chill Mode (57:10mins)

Amped Mode (7 hours)

Otherwise I lurk on twitch livestreams heh what about you?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.

I listen to the music that plays in my dim... whatever music box I've chosen. I really like the Stillmoor music, it's very soothing and relaxing.

Thanks Kiwi..not heard of Blackmill...looking for the album now.

As for listening, rarely listen to music lol. I have a multi-monitor set-up....so usually have a film on I can listen along to (or depending on the film, talk along with as know too many off-by-heart hehe...I know...I'm sad :P)
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Oh wow, we share the same tastes in music I love this chill stuff. Sometimes tho when the mood strikes I play Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer....basically a lot of Maynard,lol. I also listen to a heap of chillstep and acapela groups like Pentatonix. My number once choice is and always will be Marilyn Manson. He isnt for every one's tastes but I just love it

On a different note, Im going to listen to that link up above while I do some warfronts. hahaha.
    Naerhya@Greybriar, Anaemeah@Greybriar Anaetta@Greybriar Zanae@Greybriar Rhyaetta@Greybriar and Jhasta@Greybriar

https://twitter.com/NaerhyaRift?lang=en

I rarely listen to music, but always have the TV beside my computer on. However, when I get really engrossed in a dimension I couldn't tell you what was on or anything I heard!!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Ascendant

I actually tried my hand at working on a dimension some this weekend. I'll not discuss how that went, but I found this song was both appropriate and actually worked as a building song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-Ull9c49w

Amusingly I found that subconciously I had worked in asian and middle eastern influences as pieces of that came up in the song. Funny how that works.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 11-10-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I usually just listen to the game, if I was to choose some music it would be something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXf1yZ_xdsA

..and if I needed some creativity I'd just watch this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDwfhYoPU4

I like the Blackmill you posted, I will be saving that one for sure.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 11-10-2014 at 05:03 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Anaemeah View Post
    Oh wow, we share the same tastes in music I love this chill stuff. Sometimes tho when the mood strikes I play Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer....basically a lot of Maynard,lol. I also listen to a heap of chillstep and acapela groups like Pentatonix. My number once choice is and always will be Marilyn Manson. He isnt for every one's tastes but I just love it

On a different note, Im going to listen to that link up above while I do some warfronts. hahaha.
    Nice to see what you all do and glad you all like Black Mill as I do and Anaemeah I love all that music too I'm a huge fan of fusions, duets and symphonies as well like this one:

Last edited by Kiwi; 11-10-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Nice to see what you all do and glad you all like Black Mill as I do and Anaemeah I love all that music too I'm a huge fan of fusions, duets and symphonies as well like this one:

The trinity orchestra is awesome (and I love Pink Floyd). They do alot of genre busting collabs, I always liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBZsbKFs-j8

Good I'd imagine if you are working on a gloamwood dimension. It has that gothicy, dark woods vibe.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 11-10-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Not bad...but sorry folks...but only Pink Floyd should be playing their music....sorry to be a snobby purist ;)

And if you haven't, be sure to check out Floyd's new album...all sorts of amazing.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

@ Kiwi - I actually like the Blackmill sound

@ Nouvae - I LOVE Clannad

Well, if I were to listen to music, I guess it would depend on what I'm building.

Fallout/Dystopian dim: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

Fantasy Dim: Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Enya, Clannad or David Arkenstone

If I just want to relax and build: Enigma

If I would ever make a PVP Dim, the sound would probably be Metallica, Queensryche or AC/DC
    Last edited by Agrona77; 11-11-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Rift Chaser

Usually I listen to metal like Disturbed/Device, Korn, Nonpoint, or one of many others. Though I do like to mix it up with some movie soundtracks or folk.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

I always have my TV on, but I keep music boxes in my dims. Silverwood and Stillmoor are my faves.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I actually tried my hand at working on a dimension some this weekend. I'll not discuss how that went, but I found this song was both appropriate and actually worked as a building song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-Ull9c49w

Amusingly I found that subconciously I had worked in asian and middle eastern influences as pieces of that came up in the song. Funny how that works.
    Nice to see you trying Dims Khel and it is fascinating how music/atmospheres can effect building or whatever creative outlet we are involved in at the time and...

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    Not bad...but sorry folks...but only Pink Floyd should be playing their music....sorry to be a snobby purist ;)

And if you haven't, be sure to check out Floyd's new album...all sorts of amazing.
    Forgive me Ualani for I have sinned
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-12-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Shadowlander

I have a playlist with 10 hours music atm, from Taylor Dayne to Mindless Self Indulgence.^^ So i think almost every kind of music.^^ The most importent thing for me is that i can sing and get good mood. It sounds stupid but i can't build if I think to much. I hear music and build everything by instinct. I don't know how it works...but it works.^^
    Raluar - Brutwacht (EU)
    Schurkenhain, New Ellensford, Vineta, Paradise Valley, Cabin in the Woods, The same procedure as last year?, Lovely Cottage, Sanctuary of the Sacred
    “Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction - Francis Picabia”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast