+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ualani
  • 2 Post By Ailene

Thread: Importing sets between addons

Default Importing sets between addons

Earlier today I was browsing the custom sets that have been uploaded on Dimension Addicts, and there's some cool stuff inthere that I would like to use. I use Dimension Tools addon, and the sets I would like to use are for Toolbox. Could you guys please tell me if it's possible to import them in Dimension Tools too then? Or is it better that I get Toolbox as well? Thanks!
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

Toolbox and tools use a diff system for importing/exporting. You can open the dsaved file in the dimtools addon folder and add it in...but...meh...

Get toolbox, add the code, save etc. . In dimtools, open Load/Save sets and tick the far right box which is Tbx Sets. Viola. everything you imported/saved in toolbox is there for you to use in dimtools
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Oh, that's handy to know, thanks Lani!
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

Maybe you can help me too...

I wanted to clear up my saved builds in toolbox, but I don't want to delete them. But where is it saved? I can't find any saved files for toolbox Am I just blind? I've copied saved folders for other addons many times, between shards and from live to PTS, but this one I can't find.

Just checked the lua files in the toolbox addon and couldn't spot them. Maybe another more experienced member could help.

But having said that, you could export to get the code, copy this into notepad++ (prefer it over basic notepad, is a free prog) and then delete from toolbox to tidy up. Whenever you want to reuse said set you have the full code saved elsewhere.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Easiest way to do it is just like when you import/export a set for uploading to DA.

Select the set, click export. CTRL+A, to select all the text in the text box, CTRL + C to copy.

I save most of my backups to Notepad. CTRL + V to paste, then save the Notepad file and assign it to a folder, then you can delete the set out of your current Toolbox sets but still have it saved (I keep mine in a folder on my desktop so they're handy), in case you need it again, or you want to use it on PTS, or decide to upload to DA.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thank you very much both of you for your replies. I got Notepad++ already, quite handy for this too it seems.

And yes I'll be saving backups there as well from now on, never even thought of using the export. And so easy!

My toolbox is now completely empty, it feels like starting all fresh for my next project
    Last edited by Ailene; 11-08-2014 at 09:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread