+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fimontronia

Thread: How do I delete a dimension?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default How do I delete a dimension?

    How do I delete or switch slots?

    I have 2 dimension slots. The first has the free Sanguine dimension. The second has the Dolcega. But I the Dolcega in the first slot.

    I emptied out the Sanguine dimension. And my Dolcega dimension has all my dimension garbage. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by fimontronia; 11-06-2014 at 11:44 PM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,854

    Default

    Welcome to the OCD Nightmare Juggle I call it - some of us have 20 dimensions on one character (you can buy more slots on the store) so it can become puzzling.

    Basically keys order as you put them on your active list. So currently you have 2 keys.

    You would need to attain another key to replace Sanguine that will then become inactive, when this happens it "should"reorder.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I submitted a report in game to see if they can fix it.

    I'm not sure what you mean. I only have 2 keys. The free Sanguine Shores one, and the Dolcega one that I paid about 10 plat for which was basically all my plat. Since I spent all my plat, I can't attain a third. And even if I had enough plats, I don't even want a third dimension.

    The Sanguine Shores one is in the fist slot, and the other one is in the second. And I'm trying to switch them. I don't mind even losing the Sanguine Shores one. As long as the Dolcega one is in the first slot. Without need for getting yet another dimension that I'm never going to use anyway.
    Last edited by fimontronia; 11-10-2014 at 09:42 AM.

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fimontronia View Post
    I submitted a report.

    I'm not sure what you mean. I only have 2 keys. The free Sanguine Shores one, and the Dolcega one that I paid about 10 plat for which was basically all my plat. Since I spent all my plat, I can't attain a third. And even if I had enough plats, I don't even want a third dimension.

    The Sanguine Shores one is in the fist slot, and the other one is in the second. And I'm trying to switch them. I don't mind even losing the Sanguine Shores one. As long as the Dolcega one is in the first slot. Without need for getting yet another dimension that I'm never going to use anyway.

    If its that difficult I can give you a key because it isn't a bug and might save someone elses time.

    kiwidream@greybriar
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-10-2014 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fimontronia View Post
    I submitted a report in game to see if they can fix it.

    I'm not sure what you mean. I only have 2 keys. The free Sanguine Shores one, and the Dolcega one that I paid about 10 plat for which was basically all my plat. Since I spent all my plat, I can't attain a third. And even if I had enough plats, I don't even want a third dimension.

    The Sanguine Shores one is in the fist slot, and the other one is in the second. And I'm trying to switch them. I don't mind even losing the Sanguine Shores one. As long as the Dolcega one is in the first slot. Without need for getting yet another dimension that I'm never going to use anyway.
    The problem is there's no way to just reorder the dimensions. The only way is if you have another key to collect. Once collected, it will go into the inactive space. Then if you activate it, it should make your Dolcega diim the first one instead of the second one. Unfortunately, it's not a given - it doesn't "always" work right (like so much else with dims).

    The easiest thing to do really is just drag the key you want to use all the time (Dolcega in your case) to one of the slots on a bar. Then just left click it to enter.
    Last edited by Narcise; 11-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I was able to do it. There's 2 free keys you can get . The Sanguine Shores one in Silverwood and the Warden Point one in Freemarch. Kiwi brought me over to Freemarch to get the Warden Point key.

    Once you r-click the key to add it to collection, it goes into the inactive dimension section. Then you can move dimensions back and forth anytime between the 2 dimension spots and the inactive section.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fimontronia View Post
    I was able to do it. There's 2 free keys you can get . The Sanguine Shores one in Silverwood and the Warden Point one in Freemarch. Kiwi brought me over to Freemarch to get the Warden Point key.

    Once you r-click the key to add it to collection, it goes into the inactive dimension section. Then you can move dimensions back and forth anytime between the 2 dimension spots and the inactive section.
    Oh, thats interesting, so the starter ones are not faction specific? I will have to look for the other one.


    Still it would be nice if we could order our active keys how we wanted.
    Last edited by Twobits; 11-13-2014 at 10:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twobits View Post
    Oh, thats interesting, so the starter ones are not faction specific? I will have to look for the other one.


    Still it would be nice if we could order our active keys how we wanted.
    Nope, they aren't fac specific - but unless you're a decent level, getting to the op fac one might get you whacked on by guards or whatever. I picked up the defiant one on one of my 60s - no one bothered me.... Probably as long as you're 15 levels or so higher than the "locals" it would be okay.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts