+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By tunpav
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Zillaan
  • 1 Post By tunpav
  • 1 Post By Nyxese
  • 1 Post By tunpav

Thread: beginner need help to make giant skull parts.

Soulwalker

Default beginner need help to make giant skull parts.

hello everybody,
    first of all, i'm not a native english speacker, so escuse me in advance for the grammar faults you'll find.

So my project is to create a natural history museum, in my dimension...
    i'd like to create some kind of dinosaurs room, somes others for elves, dwarfs and human.
    in brief some rift's history museum.

So i gathered the skull parts i could find and try to recreate some kind of big animal.
    But i have serious issues to recreate a kind of dinosaur. .
    Some very important skull parts are missing, like pelvis, tail, feet and scapulas.

So i did some fruitless searches.
    Even so i found something about item morphing.
    So i adress myself to you because i'd like some tips or a little bit help in this matter, any tools or information. All what your imagination can provide.

What item should i use for the different missing part.
    i looked the lime stones pillar but it's to straight, not enough natural.
    i looked at stones, but i didnt found what i want, espacially because of colors.

So any tips are welcome or any help will please me.

I thank you in advance
    Last edited by tunpav; 11-05-2014 at 07:52 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I am embarking on a similar journey in my dimensions and it is difficult creating bone structures because of shape or colour as well as size so the "best" thing is to create illusion. So one suggestion I have is you might enjoy making a dimension where you would be standing from a distance and your prized dinosaur skeleton was behind a glass window like a museum then perhaps create a natural environment to cover or hide missing parts using plants, rocks, stones or any items that suit you. To begin such a creation would be to start with the biggest pieces and see how much you can scale it down, or smallest pieces to see how much you can scale up to find the right medium for all and build off this accordingly. Create the natural environment, close it in like a museum etc The last step (limit capacity permitted) I usually do is light - using the different solid and vfx lights to create shadow or brightness where you want to draw the eye most or to add even more to the atmosphere.

I hope this makes sense and look foward to reading other suggestions.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-05-2014 at 09:52 PM.

There is a bone arch and bone gateway (under landscaping I think) that might make an OK hip joint if you use it with some version of Kiwi's excellent suggestion. Also, if you morph Limestone Poles with Limestone Spheres, you might be able to simulate bones. It will take some experimentation and probably need a fair number of items. I look forward to seeing your final Dimension!

I like the idea of creating the illusion to cover up the missing bits. Also, agree to try limestone spheres/poles and maybe try shrinking some different rocks. Also look at some of the different "snags" like Whitebark Snag and especially Forked Granitewood Sapling Snag, they have the coloring closer to the bones you are referring to.

Soulwalker

hello everyone, ty for the replies

hidding stuff is a little bit difficult for differents reasons.
    first, it's a big scale, because the bones i have at my disposal, are very big, even if i narrow them. i know that i'll have issues because it s gonna be not really viewable at ground level.
    but i gonna make floors in other parts of the building, so it gonna be differents points of views (floor, 1st stair, 2nd...)
    second reason, it s because i want something like this

It's gonna be my master piece

Anyway i found something that could help me : Pale Boulder. I dicided to buy one and look at it, directly on my screen. The shape is very close to a pelvis part. and i think i can make scapulas with it.
    I also decided to sacrifice the colors issue because since the beginning they are not the same, colors between the giant ribcage and the others parts for exemple
    I'll stick with white, grey and black, and pretend that they are parts from different specimens of the same animal.
    rocks for feet, vertebral tower + animal and human skull for the tails
    (ok i just found that skull is only the head xD sorry for the mistakes... now i remember, bones and skeleton were the words i needed)

it will be long before my project is finished, i m not very rich (even rather poor) in term of IG money, i use AH but still, my main concern is the walls, cheap walls are rares.
    But i can already tease you with the ticket office.

I have a last question (at least for now).
    What is the item that can change the spawn? because mine is really bad

ps sorry for my english i think in the present reply it's really catastrophic
    Last edited by tunpav; 11-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Had a feeling you were wanting something like that eek lol

Dimension Entry Point is what you are after Dimensions > Interactive > Almost at the bottom.

Good Luck!

Soulwalker

Your dimension sounds like it is going to be really cool! I can't wait to see it

As for walls, I know that on my shard, and I'm sure it is the same on every shard at the moment because of the minions and influx of items, but there are dimensions called Take a Penny, Leave a Penny, where people can drop of items that they don't want. It has public access, so you can take whatever you want (with the hopes of leaving any items you don't!), and I know I have seen TONS of walls and stairs in there, that players have dropped off.

If you search through the public dimensions on your shard for the word Penny, it should pop right up. Take a look and see if you can find the walls you are looking for. There are also lots of building blocks you may be able to use or at least see before you buy in there. Good luck!

Soulwalker

thank you for your tips about the "take a penny leave a penny" dimension.
    unfortunately the one in EU cluster is totally empty...
    i gonna leave some things and try to make advertising for it on the other servers.
    maybe ppl gonna start to use it

everyone is welcome when it's over

Quote Originally Posted by tunpav View Post
    thank you for your tips about the "take a penny leave a penny" dimension.
    unfortunately the one in EU cluster is totally empty...
    i gonna leave some things and try to make advertising for it on the other servers.
    maybe ppl gonna start to use it

everyone is welcome when it's over
    The one on Zaviel isn't empty 'cause I put a bunch of stuff in there myself. Can't specifically remember if there are any walls or not....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by tunpav View Post
    hello everyone, ty for the replies

hidding stuff is a little bit difficult for differents reasons.
    first, it's a big scale, because the bones i have at my disposal, are very big, even if i narrow them. i know that i'll have issues because it s gonna be not really viewable at ground level.
    but i gonna make floors in other parts of the building, so it gonna be differents points of views (floor, 1st stair, 2nd...)
    second reason, it s because i want something like this

It's gonna be my master piece

Anyway i found something that could help me : Pale Boulder. I dicided to buy one and look at it, directly on my screen. The shape is very close to a pelvis part. and i think i can make scapulas with it.
    I also decided to sacrifice the colors issue because since the beginning they are not the same, colors between the giant ribcage and the others parts for exemple
    I'll stick with white, grey and black, and pretend that they are parts from different specimens of the same animal.
    rocks for feet, vertebral tower + animal and human skull for the tails
    (ok i just found that skull is only the head xD sorry for the mistakes... now i remember, bones and skeleton were the words i needed)

it will be long before my project is finished, i m not very rich (even rather poor) in term of IG money, i use AH but still, my main concern is the walls, cheap walls are rares.
    But i can already tease you with the ticket office.

I have a last question (at least for now).
    What is the item that can change the spawn? because mine is really bad

ps sorry for my english i think in the present reply it's really catastrophic
    Seeing the picture of that dinosaur I can see now what you mean with all the bones needed! Do let us know when you finish it, and good luck.

+ Reply to Thread