+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Class trainers in (guild) dimensions

Default Class trainers in (guild) dimensions

Apart from us who enjoy building things, there's one thing that most people use dimensions for.... parsing!

I'm not a big fan of having every NPC in dimensions, I'm very fine with AH, Bank, Crafting and all that stuff being outside. But, when we're parsing, we often want to change things from parse to parse. Having to jump in and out of dimensions every time, is quite annoying.

Would this be possible to add to the game? If there's interest enough in it of course, but I would think there is.

I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing some trainers for guild dimensions

On a somewhat related note... I sorta want to see the crafting stations for dimensions. They wouldn't necessarily have to be usable, but nice to go with some of the miscellaneous items (such as weapon tables, bolts of cloth, etc.).

I think both of these ideas would go a long way to make guild dimensions more centered toward full guild activity, not just the building of them.

I personaly would love to have different NPCs in for the dim:

Why?:
    - Because it feels more living when ppl or/and npcs hang around in a build like a city or simular places
    - It is comfortable having crafting NPCs, also AH - or Bank - or Trainer - NPCs
    - It would be an easy way to avoid lags in the city for ppl who don't have high-end-hardware (more ppl that play rift make more money possible and a possible longer life for our beloved NO# one MMO)

Which one?:

Functional:
    - Trainers, Bank and AH NPCs
    - Parsing dummies
    - Enemies and Enemie Groups for pvp dimensions
    - Crafting NPCs and stations

NonFunctional:
    - NPCs that do their "daylie stuff" like walking around, bubbling and talking, fishing or things like that.

I don't think everyone would then just hang out in it's dimension because not everyone is absolutely into it and is not going to change that.

Atraius // Olli

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Not disagreeing, always up for yummy things BUT two words: Patron Abilities.

EDIT: I do recall Faratha & Dead Simon saying in a livestream they would like to see other NPCs for Dimensions but that was all the details.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-05-2014 at 10:50 PM.

I wouldn't put "everything" in dimensions. There should still be a reason to "into town" so they don't look/feel empty. They could split it maybe, put crafting stations in dimensions (but you'd have to go to town for your dailies) but leave Bank/AH as it is.

Crafting station would be nice though when someone from guild asks for a craft and you're far from town, you could just jump into the dimension and craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    I wouldn't put "everything" in dimensions. There should still be a reason to "into town" so they don't look/feel empty. They could split it maybe, put crafting stations in dimensions (but you'd have to go to town for your dailies) but leave Bank/AH as it is.

Crafting station would be nice though when someone from guild asks for a craft and you're far from town, you could just jump into the dimension and craft.
    I've been wanting crafting stations in dimensions since I started playing Rift. Would be very convenient and and reduce the lag I get when the crafting areas in town fill up.

Has been proved time and again in numerous other MMO's. Allow one to do everything in their 'home' and worlds/hubs/cities DO become dead. Will never happen, don't get your hopes up.

As for crafting station 'dimension items' with no use other than for appearance, can imagine they could be used for a variety of different things. Sky is the limit their with people's creation.

Trainers, I can see being very useful for the raiders yes, so will +1 that.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Champion

I watched the EQ2 cities go from thriving, busy hubs of activity to deserted ghost towns due to being able to do everything you need inside your guild hall. This gives a terrible first impression to new players.

I hope this never happens here.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    I watched the EQ2 cities go from thriving, busy hubs of activity to deserted ghost towns due to being able to do everything you need inside your guild hall. This gives a terrible first impression to new players.

Its been a well beaten request since Dimensions came out - naturally so. When Dreamweaving came out and the realization was made we could do it in Dimensions it became clearer we would not be doing any other crafts (including fishing) in Dimensions.

In ArcheAge it works because the game is a Sandbox - crafting first combat second and you still have to go to major cities for one thing or another (tradepacks, dailies, ,meet up points to travel by land or sea) Every major city dies off each expansion in an MMORPG Themepark so keeping the latest one alive would also mean making crafting the priority - please no I've learned from ArcheAge how time consuming this is lol

Sidenote: Started playing EQ2 a few months ago I had to see what all the fuss was about and I got a greater understanding why many enjoyed building in this game, loads of amazing items BUT I still prefer Rift building and morphing which sets Dimensions apart so each build is mind blowingly unique.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    Has been proved time and again in numerous other MMO's. Allow one to do everything in their 'home' and worlds/hubs/cities DO become dead. Will never happen, don't get your hopes up.

As for crafting station 'dimension items' with no use other than for appearance, can imagine they could be used for a variety of different things. Sky is the limit their with people's creation.

Trainers, I can see being very useful for the raiders yes, so will +1 that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post

Yes, this is why I'm not a big fan of putting "everything" in the dimensions. I played EQ2 a bit as well, and the cities there felt rather dead. But as I said, all I want is a trainer, so we don't have to jump in and out all the time. And I could stretch it to put crafting stations there, but without NPCs. Then people needed to go the normal way for buying new skills and doing dailies.

I also wouldn't feel happy with empty cities at all. But don't u agree a more alive dimension would feel even better. Thats why i personaly would be happy with crafting stations (not trainers included) and "non-relevant" npcs and animals.

Imagin a city where u can do rp using crafting stations to make it feel more realistik.^^

Even "non-working" but "interactable animated" crafting stations would be good.

A dwarf goes over to the forge and starts smithing a hammer...u see hes using a hamer...u see fire sparks flying around...but it cant be used for actual crafting.

that would be great^^

jut for the feel of it. More deph to ambience would be awesome.^^ with more interactivity and the npcs and animals as named before.

Atraius // Olli

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    I also wouldn't feel happy with empty cities at all. But don't u agree a more alive dimension would feel even better. Thats why i personaly would be happy with crafting stations (not trainers included) and "non-relevant" npcs and animals.
    Don't think anyone disagree's including Trion staff (remembers Dead Simon saying it would be great but not foreseeable.) Dimensions weren't planned at the release of Rift which is the only set back we have compared to all games that have building from the beginning or are building games. The rendering and performance limitations of Dimensions and Dimension items in Rift are very real. PvP Dimensions are one solution to creating lively Dimensions along with holding events in Dimensions including - treasure hunts, mazes with prizes, markets etc Do guilds hold meetings in Dimensions anymore? I agree also with Aliene that parsing is indeed a major reason people use Dimensions so items including fresh dummies more combat items to build a bad azz parsing area as well as these suggestions would be grand.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-06-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Don't think anyone disagree's including Trion staff (remembers Dead Simon saying it would be great but not foreseeable.) Dimensions weren't planned at the release of Rift which is the only set back we have compared to all games that have building from the beginning or are building games. The rendering and performance limitations of Dimensions and Dimension items in Rift are very real. PvP Dimensions are one solution to creating lively Dimensions along with holding events in Dimensions including - treasure hunts, mazes with prizes, markets etc Do guilds hold meetings in Dimensions anymore? I agree also with Aliene that parsing is indeed a major reason people use Dimensions so items including fresh dummies more combat items to build a bad azz parsing area as well as these suggestions would be grand.
    Yes PvP is one way...and theres also a community...but not the way i ment when i talked about the dwarf working on a forge. That was more like rp...also i think its annoying to be kicked out of a touring raid when u use pvp items to teleport. It destroyes the whole raid when touring together.

I also feel that the pvp dimensioneers and com using pvp dimensions and in-pvp-dim-events is a very very very small part of the dimensioneers community.

We have the possibility but its more a fun thing. Not a major used feature i think.

Atraius // Olli

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I understood what you were saying Atraius and PvP Dimensions might be a small part of Dimensions themselves but the the items are not. Role play is also a very small part (I know more builders/designers/artists/storytellers than actual RPers in Dimensions) but both PvP and RP communities are important as well as Raiders, Casuals and Dimensioneers.

I'm just all for solutions within the realms of possibility that we build within that do evolve and yes its great we have Devs that encourage us to ask in case there is something they can do but sometimes it's unrealistic and instead of watching people feel un-listened to or get more and more discouraged because requests are not met I hope its ok to share why if possible or what does work so others reading also gain some understanding that might read this also and want the same/similar things.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-06-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Yes new dummies are also needed for sure. It's just a fact that the majority of people that uses dimensions, do it for parsing. They got like a few dummies there and then spread out the soulbound items they got from loyalty. Though you now made me want to make a proper parsing area (I made at least something out of our dummies in the guild dimension, my personal one is sadly just a dummy inside the building in Necropolis....)

@Atraius/Olli - You could try make a crafting area out of the items we have already, there are quite some items you can use for that, and I'm sure I've seen some pics here on the forum from people that did that already. Yes, it would not be the graphic effects as you might want, but with all the dream weaver items, I'm sure there are many options that could make cool effects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast