+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Manasha
  • 1 Post By Zillaan

Thread: Moving crate

Default Moving crate

What happens if you replace an existing dimension with one that has a smaller item limit? Does everything still get packed up in a moving crate? I haven't been able to find any information about this, and hope one of you guys could shed some light on this
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    What happens if you replace an existing dimension with one that has a smaller item limit? Does everything still get packed up in a moving crate? I haven't been able to find any information about this, and hope one of you guys could shed some light on this
    It all still gets packed away. But say you have 600 items and the new limit is 250. All 600 gets packed away and shows your dimension items as 600/250. You can not do anything until you empty some space from your moving crate.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-03-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    It all still gets packed away. But say you have 600 items and the new limit is 250. All 600 gets packed away and shows your dimension items as 600/250. You can not do anything until you empty some space from your moving crate.
    Cool, thank you I can handle the work of unpacking and moving stuff, but would hate for things to be destroyed or just disappear or whatever Now I know I can safely replace dimensions should I want to.
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

Rift Chaser

From experience I can confirm the movingcrate will hold everything regardless of new dim size. I accidentally packed up a 2k items holding dim with a less then 100 item dim a while back. Been replaced by a better build by now though, so there is that . Quite a hassle placing, picking up and moving stuff bij the 100's. But nothing was lost though.

I wish we could simply have stuff move from the movingcrate to our bags though without having to manually place and then pick up every single item. It's tedious work, and a bit of issult to injury when you packed up a 2k dim by accident and also have to do this tedious wristdestroying work in an already none to good mood.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    I wish we could simply have stuff move from the movingcrate to our bags though without having to manually place and then pick up every single item. It's tedious work, and a bit of issult to injury when you packed up a 2k dim by accident and also have to do this tedious wristdestroying work in an already none to good mood.
    It would be nice but after working on an add on and seeing how a lot of stuff goes from A to B for a dimension to "read" everything correctly that word simply flies out the window pretty quickly especially when things are a long draw and distance from where you might be standing at the time with your bags or if you don't have the bag space to receive everything. (Yes we tried to attempt it with Dimension Tools while working on being able to use items from your bank I think I have 4 grey hairs as a result.)

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the explanation Kiwi. Yes I guess some things look easier on first glance then they really are. Ah well it works as it does now. And i do have to say being able to take stuff from your bags directly with dimension tools is the next best thing after sliced bread haha. Everyone who build that in gets a big hug from me
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-04-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Dimension Tools is still being updated and/or the various glitches being addressed? It has almost become unusable, specifically with the "multiple items selected" glitch.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Dimension Tools is still being updated and/or the various glitches being addressed? It has almost become unusable, specifically with the "multiple items selected" glitch.
    At this point no it is not, Kikimora had a family crisis that took them away from a computer but like everyone else I am hoping everything is ok and they can return.

thats too bad, because that program is awesome. I hope everything is ok with them

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    thats too bad, because that program is awesome. I hope everything is ok with them
    Me too, thank you for your kind thoughts I will pass them on if I get the chance and let people know on RDD and Curse when I can.

+ Reply to Thread