+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stonefield chapel benches?

Rift Chaser

Default Stonefield chapel benches?

Any dimensioneer already bought the chapel from the harvest fest? I noticed on the preview you see benches showing through the doorway. While in the harrow crypt dimension the benches are not there.

Can someone who has the chapel tell me if the separate building item the chapel does have the benches? Kinda hoping it doesn't.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    Any dimensioneer already bought the chapel from the harvest fest? I noticed on the preview you see benches showing through the doorway. While in the harrow crypt dimension the benches are not there.

Can someone who has the chapel tell me if the separate building item the chapel does have the benches? Kinda hoping it doesn't.
    Hi...i bought one chapel...because i was soooo excited about the things to play with.

But to me (respectfully said) it's another proof of trions (who ever is responsible for dimensions) dev/s who continues their legacy of epic fails.

1. Yes the chapel includes the benches but u cant use them because it has a squared collider over it not a "benche shaped" so no u cant use them at all.

2. U could cover the benches up to put custom benches in between which looks disastrous and doesnt have enough space in between, so u could cover up the whole ground.

3. After covering the whole ground u will realise that u cant use the entrance any more...ooops, because of a shty collider also box shaped not "door shaped"...so u could resize the whole chapel to a church and then cover up the whole ground a s one solid ground to be able to set benches and use the door...uff.

4. After u coverd up the ground and be happy to use the entrance again u may realize that theres nearly nothing left over from the sidedoor to this tiny little room to your left (when u a re inside the nowchurch)...just enough to fit a bahmi...but hey...there goes this last-minute-non-fitting-not-door-but-box-shaped-collider again and u have to cover up that room to.

5. After u covered up the whole mess u will realise that theres a collider in the whole nowachurchnotachapelanymore that makes u unable to mount on anymore...so nope...no fast building and walking from A to B...

6. But hey...some how brilliant dimensioneers will deal with all that kinda stuff that could have bin tested and fixed before releasing and prevent trions devs from my rage.^^.

...and btw...its always raining outside the nowachurch...not physicly but the soundbox gives u the perfect illusion^^...and screaming zombies and monsters^^

So. If u planned to use the chapel as it is and just decorate it with some scary halloween stuff and a few candles...or a few more...and pumpkins...and dont dont forget spider webs^^...then this is the right thing...it absolutly worx.

If u planned to totally customise the church in your own way then ...well...it will also absolutly work. Theres a lot of work to do but hey...thats the challenge in dimensioning )) ...and it is absolutely possible to cover up and fix the whole mess which trions dev team couldn't think of after two years of working on dimensioning.

...i thought of doing a nice thread about the good thinks that found their way into the game...glad i didn't...

Atraius // Olli
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-01-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Rift Chaser

Yeah that was what i was afraid of. i hoped to change it into a creepy mansion. That's clearly a no go. Guess I will get one if I have tokens left, but will get other stuff first. Maybe trion will get rid of the benches one day, and else it will be indeed just a decoration thing as is.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

O have to ask Atra...

All the rage...why? They have released something in the game as a separate item for us. Why would they release said item not the same as it is in the game...without all the things that have apparently got you so upset?

Why would they give is an empty blank shell...without benches etc etc. The whole thing is probably a base model then coded. Not separate pieces. This would have been done to reduce loading times.

The challenge as with all dimensions with exisiting structures (and separate structures alone) is in doing what you are able with them, working with the confines of the structure (Three Springs is an example), but please don't rage on Trion saying they epically failed for not doing something they probably couldn't, and not doing something that frankly wouldn't make sense to do either.
    Last edited by Ualani; 11-01-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    O have to ask Atra...

All the rage...why? They have released something in the game as a separate item for us. Why would they release said item not the same as it is in the game...without all the things that have apparently got you so upset?

Why would they give is an empty blank shell...without benches etc etc. The whole thing is probably a base model then coded. Not separate pieces. This would have been done to reduce loading times.

The challenge as with all dimensions with exisiting structures (and separate structures alone) is in doing what you are able with them, working with the confines of the structure (Three Springs is an example), but please don't rage on Trion saying they epically failed for not doing something they probably couldn't, and not doing something that frankly wouldn't make sense to do either.
    then why did they remove the benches from the dimension...not from the seperate item...so it is possible to remove them...but they didn't...why?...and who the hell should want benches with box colliders u cant sit on in their chapel...have u bought the chapel yet? have u tried to work with it?

and besides i also worked with 3d programs like cinema 4d creating objects including colliders and textures exporting them to unreal inserting them into a scene...etc...

...this is only a bad joke to me...again...one of trions "last minute decisions" faratha once mentioned in a stream before.

And i explained everything in my post...so why the rage?...i think i made it absolutely clear.

And without being loud noones listening. Theres a Bug with Alpha texture thats also at the haunted bell dim item i'm talking about for quiet a long time...no fixes or changes yet...feels like dimensioning is worth for making money but otherwise "the hated child" of some trion ppl...

...anyway...i'll deal with it.

Atraius // Olli

Have to concur with Ualani here - I think it's great we get this quite showy new item. OK, it might have its flaws, but I really appreciate new items appearing. It's what we're all asking for, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaxis View Post
    Have to concur with Ualani here - I think it's great we get this quite showy new item. OK, it might have its flaws, but I really appreciate new items appearing. It's what we're all asking for, after all.
    Ok u are right...having new items is awesome...the chapel isn't bad at all...but the way it's bin done could have bin better...more thought through...

the way it has bin done keeps me thinking "it's last minute"..."take it or leave it-kinda way".

I am currently working with the chapel. And i worked with 3d modeling aswell...so i think it could have bin done better.

But yes it's just my personal taste. Port scion feels the same way for me...it could have bin done better...to me it's not prot scion at all...

...but anyway...someone is going to like it that way. I'm not! Lets see if new things come up for xmas.

...i have my thoughts about whats coming there...

Atraius // Olli

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post

Lets see if new things come up for xmas.

...i have my thoughts about whats coming there...

Atraius // Olli
    Last year, almost all of the Fae Yule items were packaged in bulk sale kits. I hope that changes this year, but don't expect it to, as that seems to be the trend for every event but Autumn Harvest, that items should not be available on an individual basis.

I don't like these kits because storage is already at a critical mass for me, even with two guild banks and storage dimensions, and also because I like to pick and choose what to buy instead of having packaged deals placed before me full of things I don't want (I would typically spend more, to stock up on the things I want and know I'll use, buying individually as opposed to the kits).

As for the chapel itself, I would have preferred it to look like like it does in the dimension, without the benches but with those amazing pieces of wall sculpture (which would make fantastic dimension items by themselves!), but like Velaxis, I'm just grateful to see anything new. The win for me was the Harrow Crypt dimension. I love it! It's on the axis, it's got multiple buildable areas, and it's mostly flat, so the bits I don't want are easy to cover. I believe the item count is too low to utilize the entire thing effectively, but other than that, I have no complaints.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    As for the chapel itself, I would have preferred it to look like like it does in the dimension, without the benches but with those amazing pieces of wall sculpture (which would make fantastic dimension items by themselves!), but like Velaxis, I'm just grateful to see anything new. The win for me was the Harrow Crypt dimension. I love it! It's on the axis, it's got multiple buildable areas, and it's mostly flat, so the bits I don't want are easy to cover. I believe the item count is too low to utilize the entire thing effectively, but other than that, I have no complaints.

I too would have preferred the chapel not to have the benches a part of the structure. Tho, my first glance at the item I fell in love with it. My first thought when seeing the benches was, I need this item as a stand alone item! I could use them in so many places. I too thought the same of the portraits added. They are also in that dim looking area in Margle Palace with all those items you can hover over. I saw it on the PTS and was hoping to see all those items added to the game. They haven't been added yet, but I have my fingers crossed. There are a lot of nice pictures and wall statues throughout the game. One thing I have been wanting to see more of.

As to the comment about dims continually having issues of epic fails, I think this is too critical. I feel dims have gone exactly as I would have expected. It started off small to get everyone's opinions and see how the system handles things. We voiced our concerns and our desires and I think they have adjusted nicely to them. They have increased the number of dims one owner can have. They have increased item caps. They keep added new items, along with better looking items. I do not believe benches in a building structure equates to an epic fail.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-03-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I do not believe benches in a building structure equates to an epic fail.
    I agree. It's just a unfortunate limiting of the objects uses. Same as the fae hanging "houses" you can't get into even though the open entrance seems to suggest it. I love to have the items, i simply would have loved them more if they were more open for customization/useful for different things. Not because I do not like what they are, but because I would love what they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I too would have preferred the chapel not to have the benches a part of the structure. Tho, my first glance at the item I fell in love with it. My first thought when seeing the benches was, I need this item as a stand alone item! I could use them in so many places. I too thought the same of the portraits added. They are also in that dim looking area in Margle Palace with all those items you can hover over. I saw it on the PTS and was hoping to see all those items added to the game. They haven't been added yet, but I have my fingers crossed. There are a lot of nice pictures and wall statues throughout the game. One thing I have been wanting to see more of.

As to the comment about dims continually having issues of epic fails, I think this is too critical. I feel dims have gone exactly as I would have expected. It started off small to get everyone's opinions and see how the system handles things. We voiced our concerns and our desires and I think they have adjusted nicely to them. They have increased the number of dims one owner can have. They have increased item caps. They keep added new items, along with better looking items. I do not believe benches in a building structure equates to an epic fail.
    everyone sees things different...as a dimensioneer of the first days i compare things that have bin done over all the time, and there are tings i concider to be an epic fail...

when u know the com is asking for banches to sit on with animation like in wow and seeing trion releasing a chapel with banches u cant sit on and seeing that they removed the banches from the chapel inside the dim (so u know it's possible) then u think it's an epic fail...it's possible but...well...somehow trion didn't do it.

wasn't there enough time? why was it that way?

no reason to not be done found yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    I agree. It's just a unfortunate limiting of the objects uses. Same as the fae hanging "houses" you can't get into even though the open entrance seems to suggest it. I love to have the items, i simply would have loved them more if they were more open for customization/useful for different things. Not because I do not like what they are, but because I would love what they could be.
    unfortunate? When u plan things right theres no such "mistake". To me it seems like i said...but everyone should have his opinion. I see things different. Not only from a players view...also as a member of a company (what would you do...etc).

Atraius // Olli
    Last edited by Atraius; 11-03-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Rift Chaser

unfortunate? When u plan things right theres no such "mistake". To me it seems like i said...but everyone should have his opinion. I see things different. Not only from a players view...also as a member of a company (what would you do...etc).
    Atraius // Olli

I ment unfortunate for me that is not something else. Not as in a mistake unfortunate ^^ For all I know they did this on purpose as it might have been the easiest to make. Does the stonefield in game chapel have the benches, and if so with these invisible blocks? If so they might simply have gone for a time/cost effective copy past as reason they done this. A simple time and thus cost saving reason.

My guess is when the artists created the chapel the benches were designed as a part of the whole building and not separate items like the tombs and other things are inside the crypt/cave area. this is why they can't remove the benches, the chapel is one art piece, they would have to redesign the whole thing.

I am loving the chapel, working on it right now and I have so many ideas for the Harrow Crypt, I just have to keep doing the harvest quests for more signets and saps to get more items.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 11-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    My guess is when the artists created the chapel the benches were designed as a part of the whole building and not separate items like the tombs and other things are inside the crypt/cave area. this is why they can't remove the benches, the chapel is one art piece, they would have to redesign the whole thing.

I am loving the chapel, working on it right now and I have so many ideas for the Harrow Crypt, I just have to keep doing the harvest quests for more signets and saps to get more items.
    u dont have to redesign the whole thing...the texture is already there...its relativly simple...and possible...its not like THEY CAN'T remove them...and...why did they remove them in the chapel in the dim...items placed on terrain are not one object with the terrain...so they allready did remove the benches what u can see in the chapel in the dimension...they just didn't use this one...it's there...it's just not converted to a dimension item...it allready has bin done...so to me there is no question if the chapel and benches are one item...no they aren't. simple.

what could be is that two different people worked at the dimension and the item...one did the dimension with removing beches...other one did the item and removed pictures instead...

but it's only a guess...

And yes cost/time saving also could be...

Atraius // Olli

u dont have to redesign the whole thing...the texture is already there...its relativly simple...and possible...its not like THEY CAN'T remove them...and...why did they remove them in the chapel in the dim...items placed on terrain are not one object with the terrain...so they allready did remove the benches what u can see in the chapel in the dimension...they just didn't use this one...it's there...it's just not converted to a dimension item...it allready has bin done...so to me there is no question if the chapel and benches are one item...no they aren't. simple.
    Well,... of course I am just guessing again here but I would think that they wanted to provide us with options. I like that we have two different chapels. I'm perfectly happy with the benches, I have already found ways to work around them. In my opinion, the stand-alone chapel makes a perfect house or church and it has a nice atmosphere when placed inside another dimension.

The Harrow Crypt is such a huge dimension that I doubt I will actually use the chapel in the dimension and instead opt to use the landscape and the crypt, and then I'll drop a nice big rock on the chapel...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast