+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Can we have more dimensions slots please?

Default Can we have more dimensions slots please?

Trion (and Faratha), since the 2.7 and the 11th to 20th dimension slot addition, you have add many new dimensions (recently, 4 dimensions in the plane of water and the new dimension of the world event), so it would be great to get more dimensions slots to use theses new dimensions.

Please, ten new dimensions slots would be great!
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Trion (and Faratha), since the 2.7 and the 11th to 20th dimension slot addition, you have add many new dimensions (recently, 4 dimensions in the plane of water and the new dimension of the world event), so it would be great to get more dimensions slots to use theses new dimensions.

Please, ten new dimensions slots would be great!
    Yes, please! My main is at 20/20 in use, with my first favorite alt right behind it at 15/20 in use (including one for storage ).

Especially with the Harrow Crypt key. It is so big that I can see multiple builds going in this single dimension, all located in different parts of the base dim.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Only built 2 so far...but already have 10 slots unlocked for future builds...will +1 this
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Agree more slots would be helpful.

+1 as well!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Disciple

Didn't know there was a limit but I can easily see reaching it... I think I am at 12 now and I have only been here for about 6 months...

It would also nice if there was a way to grant full permissions to someone without including your entire friends list. (Which for that reason alone consists of only 3 people, one of which is an alt...)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    It would also nice if there was a way to grant full permissions to someone without including your entire friends list. (Which for that reason alone consists of only 3 people, one of which is an alt...)
    Great suggestion by OP and this one also. Have upset more than one person having to remove them from friends list once they transfer to Greybriar to save any hassle with Dimensions open to certain people at certain times on my friends list. Sorry!

There's a total of 12 characters per account and 20 dimensions on one character...aka 240 dimensions per account in total...if THAT isn't enough what will be EVER enough ?? ))

Try building a dimension cluster...exclude interriors of buildings into seperate dimensions...i'm building on a guildcluster...theres a mill and a mine in the main guild city...the inner side of the mill and other buildings are in other dimensions. Name it right so anyone can connect it in mind together or make a map and post it in a thread...

With that u can easely change parts of your cluster project without having to touch the main parts^^

That can be helpfull sometimes. Worx for me....maybe for u two...

Atraius // Olli
    Last edited by Atraius; 10-30-2014 at 09:10 AM.

I'm OCD Atra.....I can't have dims meandering around on multiple characters :P
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Some people only have 2 toons per whole account . Me I have plenty of space, but I do understand the need for more for super builders. Cough, points to the lady with more dims then I have brain cells. funny thing is i was just thinking about her and if she was out of space yet. hehe <3 Feendish

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Some people only have 2 toons per whole account .
    That's a good point, people that use the f2p only get two characterslots. And I don't mind building on alts, but I have no desire to build on several shards, as I think I'd feel spread too thin (I already do, kind of, with touring alts on every shard). More dimension slots per character? I second that emotion!
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

As someone with 40+ dimensions spread across 12 characters, and barely being able to recall which dimension belongs to which alt, I heartily +1 this suggestion!

Also, I wish dimensions could be transferred between characters. Sometimes I want to delete an alt but can't because they have a dimension (or two or three). I'd be willing to pay credits to transfer their dimensions over to my main.

Cedrica the Wanderer, Faeblight
    My Dimensions:
    Country Road| Wetlands Nature Reserve| I Wandered the Desert| Midnight Forest
    The Dreaming Woods| Severe Weather Alert! ...and many, many more :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    That's a good point, people that use the f2p only get two characterslots. And I don't mind building on alts, but I have no desire to build on several shards, as I think I'd feel spread too thin (I already do, kind of, with touring alts on every shard). More dimension slots per character? I second that emotion!
    Free to play doesnt mean theres no cost of things like shards rent, employees and so on and so on...with wanting more, what are u willing to give more then "nothing". Even in a f2p system money floats and needs to float to keep the game alive.

I personaly see free to play more lika a shareware version...u have a sertain range of possibilities within "f2p". If u want lux u have to pay for lux. What I'm saying is theres already a way of having more then 1, 10, 20 or even 100 dimensions active per account....if u want that u simply have to unlock that...

Also it has bin mentioned that more items placed in dims means more serverload and more lags...the game now in the EU-Shard-Cluster is nearly unplayable at an event...

So if my personal way of playing the game and my personal needs effect ALL others that massivly, then i have to take a step back and find other ways.

It's not just one perspective. It's the whole rift game com. It's not just us dimensioneers. Think about that.

I personaly think implementing new items that safe slots (aka serverload, aka lag causing) is most reasonable in that case. And no; creativity is not getting lost like some might say. Again, more items make more possibilities not less.

Also new mechanicle interactive items would make the possibilities we have more usable...like programable portals that work from one to another dimension. Maybe with portal adresscodes u can insert to connect multiple portals to each other not just in a row.

I'm currently building on a forge AND a mine all in one in empyreum mill with a max limit of 500 items (t4). Thx to the great new 3.0 metal items i can finish the dim without having to upgrade to tier 5 with a max of 1k items and stay under 500 items in use. I'm going to keep it that way. The dim looks like a dim of my own...it has my style...and where is the sense in overloading a dimension just to reach the highest point.

In my opinion a dimension is finished when it's finished, not when u ran out of slots and always wanting more. Economic thinking and building is the magic^^

...there are obviously other ways of enjoying dimensioning than always increesing slotlimits or itemlimits...sure there are a few dimensions which would need an increese because compaired to others the current item limit is very low...like the two harvest event dims...but some how i will deal with it.

Atraius // Olli

Rift Master

While yes, you can have many chars all with 20, it is the convenience factor of having more on one particular char. One char is my storage char, all her dimensions are filled with various categories of items. I have collected so many items that I have had to start turning dimensions on a second char for storage. So, I would not mind seeing more per slots per char just to keep my items/dimensions more organized.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but this is the one that comes closest to addressing a question I have.

When one says that we have a 20 dimension limit, does that mean 20 active? Or a total of 20 keys collected?

I had a goal of collecting all keys on my main before I read about this 20 limit. I am already at 18 keys collected and I still want him to have the world event ones. Am I out of luck? Or can I have as many collected, just 20 maximum active?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast