+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Narcise

Thread: Getting rid of Dimension items, Tips?

Rift Disciple

Default Getting rid of Dimension items, Tips?

With the new Minions doing their jobs, I find I am accumulating dimension items. I don't build in dimensions myself, just not my thing. So I want to be able to get rid of some of these items and get a little something in return. Of course vendor price on Dim items is crap, and you can't salvage them in any way, so I am left with the AH or some kind of Trade.

Luck with the AH is very spotty, most stuff isn't selling, and I have no confidence that what I do sell is going for a decent price. Any tips for improving my luck selling DIM items?

And no I am not looking for a pot of gold here, I'd just like to have things sell when I post, and be worth the effort of posting them. In the past I have scrapped stuff that would probably make some of you guys weep. Trying to avoid that with 3.0.

Shadowlander

I too am intrested
    Last edited by shortbus101; 10-29-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    You must have a recent purchase or Patron pass to access Live Chat. Please click the Request Email Response button below.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kibblehouse View Post
    With the new Minions doing their jobs, I find I am accumulating dimension items. I don't build in dimensions myself, just not my thing. So I want to be able to get rid of some of these items and get a little something in return. Of course vendor price on Dim items is crap, and you can't salvage them in any way, so I am left with the AH or some kind of Trade.

Luck with the AH is very spotty, most stuff isn't selling, and I have no confidence that what I do sell is going for a decent price. Any tips for improving my luck selling DIM items?

And no I am not looking for a pot of gold here, I'd just like to have things sell when I post, and be worth the effort of posting them. In the past I have scrapped stuff that would probably make some of you guys weep. Trying to avoid that with 3.0.
    On every single shard is a dimension called Take a Penny, Leave a Penny, where you can drop those items that will not sell and you don't use, because someone probably will use them (even though most just utilize the Take a Penny piece, and not the Leave a Penny in return). If nothing else, for those who just come in and pillage thinking to profit, this moves the burden of selling these items to those people. In all these dimensions, the public has permissions to move, place and pick up.

The AH is flooded right now, and there aren't too many building because we're still leveling, grinding rep, etc. etc. Others aren't helping, when you can check the AH and see dimension keys for 100 times more than they sell for on the store (Plaza Aurentine for auction for 200 plat, when you can buy it from the vendor for 10 is one example).

My suggestion for selling is to grossly undercut the RIFT store if you're trying to move shop items. Fishing and box items have a bit more leeway (dimensionaddicts.com has a database where you can see where things come from, if you're really trying to turn a profit, to see which items might bring in the best amount of money). I know when I see building blocks on the AH for 5g (not the vendor items like wood planks and metal poles, which are cheaper than that), I buy those instead of paying the 3-5 plat the store charges. It's not much, granted, but it's better than burning things for 1s, or destroying the item altogether.
    Last edited by Feendish; 10-29-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Maybe join the dimension chat channel, and see if anyone wants your stuff? And TAP/LAP is a good idea too!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Dimensions on Zaviel:

General of Telara

My tips:
    1)Sell them on AH.

2)If you are in a guild, you can also help others.

3)Keep them in your bank, that is if its not overflowing. Eventually once everything has quieted down, resurface them to the AH, or who knows you may have a friend or guildmate who suddenly got into them.

4)Not the best choice, but if you can't be bothered, sell them through vendors.

I imagine a lot of people who don't build dims are faced with this dilemma at the moment. Here's a thought... make a shop. Someone already suggested you mention in the dimension channel you have stuff for sale. If you dump all your items in an empty dimension (I assume you have at least the starter one) you could take people there to browse and buy - if you have the time and can be bothered to spend a few minutes now and again to do it. Easier than trying to list things in a chat channel. Or if you are utterly altruistic, make your 'store' like the Penny dims, also mentioned above, and let people have for free the stuff that won't sell.

Sell them while you can. If you don't want to that and think that they will go up in price later, roll up a character, give him a ton of bags, and make a "Dimension Item Mule". That's what I did.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Kibblehouse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus101 View Post
    I too am intrested
    Build one I dare ya's to!

+ Reply to Thread