+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By Ualani

Thread: Loyalty dimension items

Default Loyalty dimension items

Currently the loyalty dimension items are bind on pickup, which means you can't even use them in alt's dimensions. Does anyone else find this really annoying? My alt (currently) only has stash dimensions, and I have no use for the soulbound items at this moment. So I just tuck the somewhat rapidly growing pile away in a corner of one of the stash dimensions, which hurts just a tad. I would be very happy if they would at least be account bound instead of soulbound, so we can use them
    Last edited by Cailynn; 10-26-2014 at 02:05 AM.
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    Currently the loyalty dimension items are bind on pickup, which means you can't even use them in alt's dimensions. Does anyone else find this really annoying? My alt (currently) only has stash dimensions, and I have no use for the soulbound items at this moment. So I just tuck the somewhat rapidly growing pile away in a corner of one of the stash dimensions, which hurts just a tad. I would be very happy if they would at least be account bound instead of soulbound, so we can use them
    One of the reasons they do things the way they currently do (with loyalty items being available on the shop after you've used the allotment), is so you can't just make unlimited alts, send your main the goods, then delete the alt. But you are right, storage is quickly becoming an issue, even with the minion return adjustments being made for dimension items (putting them in the star bags).

Do I like it? Not really, but given that we used to not be able to get duplicates of the loyalty items, I'll take it. As it is, I'm wishing for a similar arrangement with the CE items, because one puny little mermaid isn't going to cut it.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    One of the reasons they do things the way they currently do (with loyalty items being available on the shop after you've used the allotment), is so you can't just make unlimited alts, send your main the goods, then delete the alt. But you are right, storage is quickly becoming an issue, even with the minion return adjustments being made for dimension items (putting them in the star bags).

Do I like it? Not really, but given that we used to not be able to get duplicates of the loyalty items, I'll take it. As it is, I'm wishing for a similar arrangement with the CE items, because one puny little mermaid isn't going to cut it.
    Hmm, I see your point. There are more items you can't get duplicates of, which can be frustrating. And I totally agree, one mermaid is not enough! I guess I could just sell the soulbound stuff, but that seems like a total waste at only 1s per item. And should I decide to start building with my alt as well, then it'll hurt if I did sell them. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it Let's hope we get more storage possibilities then
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

RIFT Fan Site Operator

There really does need to be more consideration to all dimension items in pack form (collectors editions, lockboxes, loyalty) - especially statues - being pairs.

The mermaid is so gorgeous!

The mermaid statue is available elsewhere btw if you don't know...friend of mine saw one in the AH on Zaviel...was only 10p too :P

*locks up his mermaids*...mine...all mine...mine mine mine
    Last edited by Ualani; 10-26-2014 at 05:55 AM.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    The mermaid statue is available elsewhere btw if you don't know...friend of mine saw one in the AH on Zaviel...was only 10p too :P

Oh that's brilliant! Having items available in game is just the best and omg 10p...moving to your shard

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post

Yes, I hear this mythical mermaid is a fishing drop in Draumheim. *Pulls off waders*

I've seen it on PTS, though, and it's not exactly the same as the one you get from the CE. The differences aren't great, but big enough that if you put them side by side, you would immediately notice that they aren't identical. My OCD just wouldn't let that fly, and I might start twitching, then grumbling, then fishing some more, then cursing because the stupid mermaid refuses to drop.

Baradara@Greybriar

I feel the same as Cailynn about the soulboundedness of the items, but your explanation makes perfect sense, Feendish. Trion aren't going to allow unlimited altmaking to get round restrictions with the free items.

I wonder, though, whether they could relent enough to allow the loyalty items to be free once per account, (not per character), so that all subsequent items have to be bought on the store, but can be purchased and/or placed by any alt on an account. I honestly think most would prefer that rather than non-dim-making alts having piles of stuff that's just a waste. It wouldn't be as bad (or generous, depending on how you look at it), as allowing the loyalty items to be sold on the AH or given to friends.

Would that work, do you think?

Ahhhh...gotya Feendish. Yeah...that would not be good at all...understand completely. By the time I got to the AH it had already gone, so didn't know there was a difference.

Good to know thanks

@kiwi...yeah seemed awfully cheap to me actually lol
    Last edited by Ualani; 10-26-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Quote Originally Posted by Velaxis View Post
    I feel the same as Cailynn about the soulboundedness of the items, but your explanation makes perfect sense, Feendish. Trion aren't going to allow unlimited altmaking to get round restrictions with the free items.

I wonder, though, whether they could relent enough to allow the loyalty items to be free once per account, (not per character), so that all subsequent items have to be bought on the store, but can be purchased and/or placed by any alt on an account. I honestly think most would prefer that rather than non-dim-making alts having piles of stuff that's just a waste. It wouldn't be as bad (or generous, depending on how you look at it), as allowing the loyalty items to be sold on the AH or given to friends.

Would that work, do you think?
    Just for myself, I build on enough characters that I don't mind the loyalty items being free per character, as opposed to the whole account. Yes, it's an annoyance to have to log back and forth to place loyalty items, but I think I would spend a whole lot more if my building alt could place (and pay for, when in my view loyalty items have already been paid for) all those items I use the most.

As for the alts that don't have dimensions, such as the vast majority of my tourists, I either stick the loyalty items in a loyalty dim, or leave them crated up. With all the BoA stuff I already get every time I make a new character, it takes longer to take everything out of the mail and the loyalty store than get out of the tutorial zones. The one good thing about having a lot of loyalty are the big bags that come with it.

The thing that really irks me are the Shimmersand Taverns and how they don't stack. You get two of them, and they're the same thing, but they take up two slots. Same thing with the Enormous Autumn Trees.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread