+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Minions: Dimension Item Hoarder's Dream? ... or Nightmare?

Default Minions: Dimension Item Hoarder's Dream? ... or Nightmare?

Well, minions have become a blessing (curse?) for this dimension addict - but not in the way i suspected. True, i have gotten some cool items from my minion's adventures, but it is their effect on the AH that this post is about. Suddenly, the AH is flooded with store DIM items at a fraction of the store price!!! Especially building blocks!! I find myself checking the AH both when i log on, and before I log off. Several times I have found trees that in the store are 100 plat plus, for only a couple of plat. It was like winning the lottery!
    Personally, this has been a major boon to me. Being able to stroll through my storage DIMs with all the items laid out before me BREEDS ideas. At least, that is often how MY mind works. So now my storage DIMs are filling up, but instead of having 10 each of 50 items, i am starting to have 2-3 each of hundreds. Again - more ideas will spawn.
    Not only that, but i am starting to stock pile building blocks for future builds. And "spin" items. We all know that both items need multiples, and cost CAN be a factor.
    Finally, i am feeling that COST will no longer be an issue for my imagination.
    SO - Kudos to ALL the minions out there - not just my own.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! - lol

General of Telara

Being a dim-head myself, when I first got my minions set up and added 3 slots, the first mission was a 10hr dimension grab and snag. Next day I got 8 items back. 8! wow, nice work, Oblivia.

Now I see they can also grab dim keys!! To me this is all good, as the auction and rift store are a little bit too expensive for me.

General of Telara

Ok update on this. Definetly a blessing. Had my minion do a 8 hour ore, harvest, came back with 5 attainium crystals. Put them on the auction, 2 sold for 280 plat. Little dudes are making me rich.

General of Telara

My darling minions have netted me 3 dim keys and some tier 6 premium dim boxes...

Best quote from a guildy:

"I wonder if minions could find me a girlfriend."

How do you respond to that?
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I love the dimension adventures for the minions. Had a few nice surprises in the rewards, although it's disappointing when you get a day when no dimension adventures appear. Already, I'm spoiled, haha. These adventures are like the dreaded mystery boxes only for free.

I think it's great the AH is so full of stuff now, and I hope it keeps up. Just makes it far easier when building to nip over there and be able buy things you need at a good price.

I've been hoarding items in my storage dims for now, and loving minions.

I find it a blessing. I love love love the over flow of items. It is so nice. TY SO MUCH DEV TEAM.

For me it's definitely a dream! I got some very cool stuff from the adventures, even though I only still have one minion slot (I've been holding on to my credits for Autumn Harvest, but I will get more slots in the future!). I'm having a field day browsing the auction house every day. I do have to be careful though, as I keep buying stuff when I'm not building anything yet. My storage dims are starting to overflow

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    TY SO MUCH DEV TEAM.
    Agreed!
    Last edited by Cailynn; 10-30-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

Rift Chaser

Another big tumbs up for minions. I never guessed I would be THIS into the minions, though I already liked them on the PTS. Heck i have all 5 minion slots bought now, one thing I didn't expect I would be doing ^^ Took me what ... 4 days of expansion to cave in haha.

The overflow of dimension items is brilliant and I too scourge the AH for nice deals, even if I don't use the items just yet. My storage dims are overflowing. I really have to make another build

So minions are definitely a hoarders dream for me.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Default Definitely Dream for me!:)

I would never have believed it a few weeks ago, but Trion actually has me playing almost all aspects of the game right now....and it has a whole lot to do with Minions! I want more more more of them! I discovered the ones you can get with Rep, so grinding that also translates to leveling. I actually caved in and spent the hoarded up credits I was saving for my next dimension!

It really should be worth it in the long run though. I am saving up a lot of items as well as getting deals on the AH for building blocks, so in the future I won't have to have credits to buy those with. And now with Autumn Harvest....3 MORE Minions!!! MUST....HAVE...ALL...of them!!! (have 24 right now, all 5 slots open, and that's still not enough
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I love Minions but storage is now definitely a problem. It's been do-able and we've all plodded along setting up dimensions themselves for storage as well as banks on mains, alts and alternative guild banks BUT it has taken me three days to reorganize everything. It shouldn't be this time consuming.

Thinking of a possible solution: I would be more than willing to pay for a Dimension bank like the guild bank (same slots, same amount of slots - less cost purchased by credits & plat with tab permissions and ability to allow friends list or public if chosen like a dimension) accessible to all characters on the same account.

- Kiwi

6 Dimension banks
    3 character banks (full slots bags & bank)
    1 3 slot guild bank.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-31-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Definitely agree about the storage space. I think the main problem is being able to sort stuff without picking it up and carting it to its designated corner in Anywhere, or wherever. My heart sank last night when I went to drop more stuff off in storage and I saw how much the stash had grown so that trees are now mingling with lamps and rocks have tumbled over into stairs and walls. I need to make it all regimented, but eek, that would take all night! Special dim banks would be great.
    Last edited by Velaxis; 10-31-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Ohh a dimension item only bank. That would be amazing. Where the tabs can be named. Sorda like the guild bank but with way more tabs. Ohh and have it attached to a chest that you can place in your dim that is accessible by any of your alts. So when you build poof there it is all your amazing horde.

It needs to be able to be upgradeable to have a slot available for every dim item in the game. Ya know so every one of us can become mega hoarders hehe

If anyone on Greybriar wants free dimension items, let me know. All of mine are getting instantly destroyed.

I'd prefer dropping them off in a dim but can mail them, also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast