+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Warning: Do not log out from inside a dimension on PTS, or on Live after 3.0 launches

Default Warning: Do not log out from inside a dimension on PTS, or on Live after 3.0 launches

I hope this proves to be a false alarm, but I figure better safe than sorry My character Nym, on PTS is bugged, and it happened after I logged her out from inside an alt's dimension. When I logged her back in, she had the decreasing breath bar on her screen like she was drowning. Re-logging did not help, and re-entering and then exiting a dimension did not help. I then left her standing in the Marple Palace crafting area for about 5 minutes while I went afk, and when I got back she was dead. I respawned and resurrected.....and she STILL had the drowning breath bar. I'm leaving her logged out now for an hour or more, hoping that will fix it, but since the patch is going live tomorrow I felt like I should warn everyone. I have submitted a bug report and also posted about this on the PTS forum.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Take a dip

If you go under water and resurface it should clear that.

Thanks I will try that!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinan View Post
    Take a dip

If you go under water and resurface it should clear that.
    Yes. Any water where you would normally get a breath bar (to include Vengeful Sky if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere) will work to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I hope this proves to be a false alarm, but I figure better safe than sorry My character Nym, on PTS is bugged, and it happened after I logged her out from inside an alt's dimension. When I logged her back in, she had the decreasing breath bar on her screen like she was drowning. Re-logging did not help, and re-entering and then exiting a dimension did not help. I then left her standing in the Marple Palace crafting area for about 5 minutes while I went afk, and when I got back she was dead. I respawned and resurrected.....and she STILL had the drowning breath bar. I'm leaving her logged out now for an hour or more, hoping that will fix it, but since the patch is going live tomorrow I felt like I should warn everyone. I have submitted a bug report and also posted about this on the PTS forum.
    It's a randomly occurring bug. I had it happen to me on Zaviel a week or so ago. Died standing at the auction house in TB 3 times before I finally got smart and jumped in the canal.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Yeah it's not related to 3.0, I had it happen months ago on a char that I logged out from Faen's Retreat. Only getting in water fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It's a randomly occurring bug. I had it happen to me on Zaviel a week or so ago. Died standing at the auction house in TB 3 times before I finally got smart and jumped in the canal.
    I had never heard of this bug, unfortunately. And I wasn't smart like you were, I was freaking out LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Yeah it's not related to 3.0, I had it happen months ago on a char that I logged out from Faen's Retreat. Only getting in water fixes it.
    I really thought 3.0 was bringing in an awful new bug. Too many things like this never seem to get fixed....I think I'm gonna hang up my bug reporting hat
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

+ Reply to Thread