+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Dimension Contest - Fountains

Default Dimension Contest - Fountains

Hello everyone, this will be my first dimension contest! I have had this idea for several months now, and have finally come around to sit down and write it all out.

Contest Objective:
    Create a fountain with 100 or less items.

The fountain can be as small or large, simple or elaborate as you want, give it your own unique theme, get creative!

Rewards:
    First Place Winner - 3 REX
    Second Place Winner - 2 REX

Deadline:
    12:00 PM PST on Saturday, November 15, 2014

How To Enter:
    Submit your entry below on or before the deadline in this format:

Dimension Name:
    Owner:
    Shard:
    Name of your Fountain:

Winners will be announced on or before Wednesday, November 19th here in this post and rewards will be distributed same day.

The Rules & Info:

You may be wondering, why just a fountain? The end-goal of the contest is to share your creation for other Dimensioneers to use via Toolbox/Dimension Tools on the Rift Dimension Addicts website. However, it is not required to share to enter the contest.

If you opt to share you will need to register an account, and then click the Add Your Own Item Set button on the Custom Toolbox Item Sets page. Instructions for copy/paste are posted on that page. **Please DO NOT share your creation until the contest deadline date/time or thereafter.**

Contest is open to all shards on NA & EU.

If you can build your fountain inside an empty dimension that would be very helpful and preferred, but it is not required. Judging will be on the fountain only if you decide to add it to a new dimension.

This is a personal dimension contest, no collaborative builds or use of guild dimensions.

The fountain must be a new creation and should not be publicly displayed until the deadline date & time specified above.

Please stay within the allowed item limit of 100 items or less.

Judging will be based on several aspects, a few to consider are attention to details and unique or interesting themes.

I realize the time allotment for this contest is just under one month, this is a key reason for the 100 item limit. With the holidays around the corner I felt that this was the best time frame to hold a contest this late in the year.

If you have any questions please ask them here in this post.

Thank you.

Cool contest! Hopefully Ill find the time to be able to enter this one. So its just a fountain correct, surroundings don't matter at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Cool contest! Hopefully Ill find the time to be able to enter this one. So its just a fountain correct, surroundings don't matter at all?
    Correct! Just a fountain - you can use an empty spare dimension or even your storage dim, or build a whole dimension around it, the judging will be on the fountain only. Limited to 100 items.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Correct! Just a fountain - you can use an empty spare dimension or even your storage dim, or build a whole dimension around it, the judging will be on the fountain only. Limited to 100 items.
    Awesome, I look forward to entering!

Awesome! I love Fountains. Now... to put my thinking cap on

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Fantastic contest idea!

Something I haven't said in a loooong time....*puts thinking cap on!*

Looking forward to seeing some outstanding entries from landscaping and fountain masters!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Awesome contest and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    If your dimension is filled up, either with surroundings or storage, wouldn't it be hard to count if it's 100 items or not?

Good contest though. I always plan to take part in these contests, I start planning and even building, then I lose faith in my work, knowing the competition is hard (so many amazing and creative people here). Then I might still try, but I never get pleased and then I run out of time. But, I might try this one too... and see if I think I can reach the level people are at somehow...

This is a great idea! Glad to see more people are starting contests This really should be a hint for Rift to create more dimension contests! I am off to start building! Teehee!
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

Nouvae.....can we define fountain please?

Would a 'water feature' as such (found in many gardens, and/or even inside a house) be acceptable?
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

I'm intrigued. I love water. I love fountains. I will be entering
    Naerhya@Greybriar, Anaemeah@Greybriar Anaetta@Greybriar Zanae@Greybriar Rhyaetta@Greybriar and Jhasta@Greybriar

https://twitter.com/NaerhyaRift?lang=en

I am really surprised and happy to see that there is interest in the contest, thank you all for showing support and I look forward to seeing some entries!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    If your dimension is filled up, either with surroundings or storage, wouldn't it be hard to count if it's 100 items or not?
    There are ways. There will not be disqualification of a contestant if they go over the 100 items, however when judging I will be taking into consideration whether the contestant abides by the Rules posted above. The 100 items is based on an honor-system, I ask to please not go over that amount in the rules section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualani View Post
    Nouvae.....can we define fountain please?

Would a 'water feature' as such (found in many gardens, and/or even inside a house) be acceptable?
    A fountain can be anything that has a water feature, from the "fountain of youth" to a simple indoor fountain, ponds with fountains in them or water features, there are fountains in gardens and parks, even frozen fountains, and dried up fountains. Be as imaginative as you like.

Freaking awesome

Kk cool...thanks
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Rift Chaser

This sounds like a cool small build competition. Lets see if I can come up with something worthwhile
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast