+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The World is Explode!

Default The World is Explode!

One day Marly was just pottering around in a dimension, building another section of her constantly expanding city. It was almost complete and the buildings were large and ready for people to move in... Sometimes things don't go quite to plan and as Marly rushed around in a state of panic loud explosions ripped through the dimension. All those poor buildings.. many bricks and boards perished that day along with those who sought to protect them. See the carnage for yourself at The World is Explode! - Faeblight

There is still 300 items to place.. I am trying to come up with a shortlist of what to use them for as there's so much I would love to fit in here! Things ranging from the typical "dictator statue" to wall art and scud missile launchers.. I hate decisions.

Immediately jumped into my all-time favorites list! The destruction, the rubble, the weapons and even the buildings look so stunning. And of course kind of grim... with the graphic images of the casualties of war. Excellent work. I vote for a dictator statue

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Amazing! Scary! Both sobering and inspiring. The buildings, weapons, and carnage are realistic and creative. It was impossible to tell I was inside a Stone Flask Tavern dimension (until I read the label). I first remember seeing Marly's constantly expanding city in Mind the Gap!!! on Zaviel a long time ago and I am so glad you continue building. Yours are always favorites of mine. This is another new favorite! Kudos, "Talion!"

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

This was a very cool DIM, full of dark imagery and strange vibes, right from the very first room with the unfortunate sharpshooter. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.

General of Telara

Nice work. Quite the imagination.

Brilliant dimension! I love how destroyed it looks and the weapons are incredible! Really well done and completely awesome!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Great dimension, as always.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Very cool indeed and different. Wonderful
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Plane Touched

wow.....just wow
    I even started coughing from all the smoke. Amazing atmosphere!!!!!!!!

Those poor building blocks

Another awesome dimension, the atmosphere is so well done, I am curious about what the wall art might be if you go that route, either way I will be sure to check it out again.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

how did you manage to "destroy" the items?

like the gaping holes in the walls, is there a pre-made item? or you did some dimensioneering wizardry?

also, the dim is AMAZING, it doenst even feel like stone flask tavern!!

+9001!!

Hi and thank you for many kind comments. For the fellow asking about the destroyed walls. I basically used normal brick/stone rectangles and planks to build the structures and then removed a few bits so there was a basic hole. After that I used many cubes to give the impression of a jagged edge. Pretty item intensive so just as well all the expensive stuff in the houses has been "looted" in the aftermath!

Many thanks to Feendish/Baradara for providing the many fresh corpses needed to give the more grizzly side of the dimension "life" or should I say death... I know one thing, my next build will be a lot more idyllic. I just need to decide on the location for a little slice of rustic heaven.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    For the fellow asking about the destroyed walls. I basically used normal brick/stone rectangles and planks to build the structures and then removed a few bits so there was a basic hole. After that I used many cubes to give the impression of a jagged edge. Pretty item intensive so just as well all the expensive stuff in the houses has been "looted" in the aftermath! .
    That is innovative as fuq!!

Hats off to you for your amazing dim!

Wow! It was like I was in Beirut during the war..especially with the palm trees all about. Great job at capturing that feeling. Very true to life! Great job.

That is a truly amazing dimension! Very surreal feeling....you have a remarkable talent!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast