• 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Cailynn
  • 1 Post By Ralitza
  • 1 Post By Cailynn
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Dummy Foundry

Default Dummy Foundry

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    1. PTS is always available, I know of several dimension builders who test build there to plot out exactly how much plat and items they'll need for a build, because the Dummy Foundry makes plat a non-issue.
    It would be very cool to be able to test out things with plat not being an issue, but could someone please explain how that works? I've tried out several ideas for our guild tavern dim that didn't work, which means I spent a lot of plat and am stuck with stacks of items that I have no use for (well ok, no use for yet). I did get 400 plat to play with on the PTS, but does plat being a non-issue mean I can go back to the Dummy Foundry for a refill when I run out?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    It would be very cool to be able to test out things with plat not being an issue, but could someone please explain how that works? I've tried out several ideas for our guild tavern dim that didn't work, which means I spent a lot of plat and am stuck with stacks of items that I have no use for (well ok, no use for yet). I did get 400 plat to play with on the PTS, but does plat being a non-issue mean I can go back to the Dummy Foundry for a refill when I run out?
    Normally, there's a vendor inside the Dummy Foundry that sells bags of plat for 1s per bag. You can buy these bags by the stack of 20. Yes, it gets a bit tedious opening them all (shift + right click FTW), but it's an effective way to save yourself some cash and be able to afford things with platinum you otherwise might not be able to.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Ohhhh, I can be filthy rich then? I did see that vendor, and looked at what he was selling, but can't remember seeing bags of plat. I'll have another look when I'm on there, as it would really be cool to be able to test things

Just had another look at the foundry, and there are no bags of plat to be found at the vendor. Not at level 60, not at mr. Fluffy, and not at level 65, with the raid guy. Maybe it has to do with making a new character on the PTS, instead of copying an existing one? Will try that tomorrow, see if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailynn View Post
    Just had another look at the foundry, and there are no bags of plat to be found at the vendor. Not at level 60, not at mr. Fluffy, and not at level 65, with the raid guy. Maybe it has to do with making a new character on the PTS, instead of copying an existing one? Will try that tomorrow, see if anything changes.
    A new character to the pts does get a quest at the foundry to get 400 plat. Nothing after that. What I do, is copy over one of my characters loaded with all the plat I have at the time. Then mail that plat to an existing pts character.....log out, delete the character you copied, and then back to live to copy the same one over again. You can do this as many times as you have the patience for I think each time you copy a character, even if it's the same one, they can probably get the 400 plat quest too before you delete them again.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    A new character to the pts does get a quest at the foundry to get 400 plat. Nothing after that. What I do, is copy over one of my characters loaded with all the plat I have at the time. Then mail that plat to an existing pts character.....log out, delete the character you copied, and then back to live to copy the same one over again. You can do this as many times as you have the patience for I think each time you copy a character, even if it's the same one, they can probably get the 400 plat quest too before you delete them again.
    Owww, patience is not a problem Foxfire And thank you for this very clever idea, I'll get to work on it.

I'm pretty sure you can still buy the money bags but you have to set dungeon difficulty to master before you enter Dummy Foundry to get the right vendor. I could be wrong, but it was this way the last time I went in. Hope this helps
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Quote Originally Posted by Ralitza View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can still buy the money bags but you have to set dungeon difficulty to master before you enter Dummy Foundry to get the right vendor. I could be wrong, but it was this way the last time I went in. Hope this helps
    Thanks Rali, and I did The only stuff the vendor has for me then (that I can see anyway) is the get-me-to-65 item for 1s, and a bunch of boxes with gear for 1s. Maybe I'm talking to the wrong guy, but I didn't see anyone other than him (fiery satyr type raid guy, in the middle of the foundry). I'll keep looking, but in the meantime I did copy Cailynn over a few times, and like Foxfire said, you can get the 400 plat quest in the standard foundry every time you copy a character. It's a bit more labour intensive, but it still works.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

You may also copy over a character and take the plat of it and delete it (rinse repeat.) This does not effect your character on live - you can have up to 6 characters at once. I have done this many times for items and plat. (Dreamweaving flashbacks for artifacts) It is also a great way to save dimensions should you want to pull one down or update it on live for a before and after comparison OR to use the items in dimensions on pts you have already used on live (all dimensions but guild copy over with the bound character.)
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-16-2014 at 04:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread