• 2 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By Serathe
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Serathe
  • 1 Post By Serathe

Thread: Two dimensions in one spot bug

Rift Chaser

Default Two dimensions in one spot bug

I have a dimension Little Ravenshire, a big build on my 6/7 slot on Serathe. But as of recently that slot says Breach chamber instead. I did not put that there.
    when I click on breach chamber it says, do you want to replace breach chamber with breach chamber. And I obviously click no. As that would in my feel truely make slot 6/7 breach chamber. Meaning Ravenshire will be gone. Ravenshire I can still acces on alts in the alts list just fine, and ravenshire also shows up in the search list.

Both the breach chamber and the flatyards key (forgot the name but thats where ravenshirebis build in) are missing from my key list below. So it really looks like 2keys in one spot, with breach chamber overlaying the true on that slot ment dimension that's been placed there by me, and I want to remain there untouched. Breach chamber can take a walk as far as I am concerned as its just an empty dim I haven't activated.

My fear is now that Ravenshire will get accidentally removed or replaced for real by Breach chamber, which I would find terrible as it is one of my main builds with close to 2k items I worked ages on. Either by the game doing it automatically, or me accidentally forgetting and replacing breach chamber with breach chamber. It's just two clicks and a moment of not paying attention away. I renamed brach chamber to try and allert me and remember to "Ravenshire GO LIST" to remind me to use the search list and NOT enter the normal way by accident.

Is this a bug more people have had? And how did it get resolved? I did make a ticket but I fear that might take a while and Ravenshir might get lost in the meantime. And I do hope my ticket will be read carefully and not a quick action by a GM resetting stuff or so leading to Ravenshire being packed up. The responses and comments on ticket waitingtime on this forum and how stuff is/isn't resolved for various issues is unnerving me a bit.
    Last edited by Serathe; 10-08-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

This is a bug I've not yet heard of, but I can understand you're worried about it Serathe. I hope it will be fixed soon!

I've read various threads in this forum about this bug. I couldn't find any of them offhand (the search function on this particular forum software REALLY hates me....) but you might try - see if it likes you better?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Actually, I realized this morning that one of the threads is right on this page:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...imensions.html

This is a similar thing....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Chaser

I seen that thread. While it is also about dimensions not showing up right, there all dimensions seem to be simply gone and not accessible in any way. So sounds more like a deleted or link broken to me.
    I did use that tip in the thread to check if my dim was still accessible to see if it could be a likewise thing. I think it isn't. My case seems way less severe, though worrying to me.

Luckily my situation is different in that it only affects one dimension. And my dimension that's been overlayed by another key is still reachable in all ways save by direct on the owners list (serathe). So for me that feels like a pretty different situation and cause. As mine is overlayed with the Breach chamber key and clicking on it there seems to want to activate that one then (something i am not willing to test the results on obviously by clicking it, or visit the overlaying rogue key dimension in any other way).

I seem more threads about dims suddenly not being reachable or even showing up at all. But my double key overlay I haven't seen anywhere yet.

I have a feeling (but not knowing) that if a gm could delete the overlaying key so Ravenshire is the only one showing up again on that spot, it would be solved.How easy that is or even doable, and what the risks are I do not know.
    Last edited by Serathe; 10-10-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    I seen that thread. While it is also about dimensions not showing up right, there all dimensions seem to be simply gone and not accessible in any way. So sounds more like a deleted or link broken to me.
    I did use that tip in the thread to check if my dim was still accessible to see if it could be a likewise thing. I think it isn't. My case seems way less severe, though worrying to me.

Luckily my situation is different in that it only affects one dimension. And my dimension that's been overlayed by another key is still reachable in all ways save by direct on the owners list (serathe). So for me that feels like a pretty different situation and cause. As mine is overlayed with the Breach chamber key and clicking on it there seems to want to activate that one then (something i am not willing to test the results on obviously by clicking it, or visit the overlaying rogue key dimension in any other way).

I seem more threads about dims suddenly not being reachable or even showing up at all. But my double key overlay I haven't seen anywhere yet.

I have a feeling (but not knowing) that if a gm could delete the overlaying key so Ravenshire is the only one showing up again on that spot, it would be solved.How easy that is or even doable, and what the risks are I do not know.
    If you use Toolbox (or DT, either one, though I actually prefer Toolbox for this because it's easier to move the files and I'm lazy), you can go into the current dimension through one of those alternate means and save the entire thing into sets, so it wouldn't be lost if the worst happened.

I've blown up enough places by accident now (at least 10) that I keep a folder on my desktop of Toolbox sets of entire dimensions, broken down into 100 piece sets, labelled accordingly. Not an ideal or optimal fix, I understand, but better than nothing just in case your dimension should be destroyed.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

That's a good idea actually. But another question first. I happened to have copied Serathe to the PTS 2 days before this bug. And I just found out it as such it shows the latest version of Ravenshire and doesn't have the bug. Is the PTS always available or only when stuff is being tested?

If it is always available it means I have a backup to copy from with toolbox (if that works between PTS and live) if the worst comes to pass. Still a truckload of work getting that done, and a lot of manually getting stuff from the moving crate and sorted.But it is a nice secure backup that way and it would make me relax knowing there is always this. But if the PTS is only reachable for short periods of time, this of course is only useful when it is available.

If it works I think having up to date dim character backups is a good plan from now on ^^

Pretty new at the PTS ^^ But getting a bit of a hang on toolbox now. Still haven't figured out all functions. Only just discovered since yesterday I could pull stuff from bags directly. How to do the copy thing, and the rotation besides only one at a time and move manually and so on.
    Last edited by Serathe; 10-10-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    If you use Toolbox (or DT, either one, though I actually prefer Toolbox for this because it's easier to move the files and I'm lazy), you can go into the current dimension through one of those alternate means and save the entire thing into sets, so it wouldn't be lost if the worst happened.

I've blown up enough places by accident now (at least 10) that I keep a folder on my desktop of Toolbox sets of entire dimensions, broken down into 100 piece sets, labelled accordingly. Not an ideal or optimal fix, I understand, but better than nothing just in case your dimension should be destroyed.
    That's a good idea, as I've done some stupid things in dims too. I once removed a building from one of Velaxis' dims by mistake, and it gave me a near heartattack, as it wasn't my own dimension. And it only took about half an hour to fix it, so wasn't even that bad lol

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    That's a good idea actually. But another question first. I happened to have copied Serathe to the PTS 2 days before this bug. And I just found out it as such it shows the latest version of Ravenshire and doesn't have the bug. Is the PTS always available or only when stuff is being tested?

If it is always available it means I have a backup to copy from with toolbox (if that works between PTS and live) if the worst comes to pass. Still a truckload of work getting that done, and a lot of manually getting stuff from the moving crate and sorted.But it is a nice secure backup that way and it would make me relax knowing there is always this. But if the PTS is only reachable for short periods of time, this of course is only useful when it is available.

If it works I think having up to date dim character backups is a good plan from now on ^^

Pretty new at the PTS ^^ But getting a bit of a hang on toolbox now. Still haven't figured out all functions. Only just discovered since yesterday I could pull stuff from bags directly. How to do the copy thing, and the rotation besides only one at a time and move manually and so on.
    1. PTS is always available, I know of several dimension builders who test build there to plot out exactly how much plat and items they'll need for a build, because the Dummy Foundry makes plat a non-issue. I still strongly recommend you not spend credits on PTS, they will be deducted from your live account without your being able to access the items on live and the potential that you will not be refunded those credits as well.

2. You can transfer Toolbox sets between PTS and live, however, you'll need some sort of middle man, like a desktop folder, because PTS addons are stored in a different location (at least on my PC, Glyph may make that a bit different). So you basically export to a Notepad file from PTS, then import from that to live.

3. If you use the Dimension Tools addon, here's a written guide on how to use it. There are also video guides for DT and Toolbox on Rift Dream Dimensions. I wrote Toolbox guides for the DTC site as well. I prefer to read instructions instead of watch a video of them, because I usually have to tab back and forth and do what I'm trying to learn about for it to really sink in.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

@Feendish

Thanks a lot for the information and tips. Really helpful I'll go play around a bit more on Toolbox. Figure out he folders and how that all works. Using The PTS as try out for building is a great idea too. Didn't realize there was a money no problem option in the foundry. That sure is handy

Serathe, just had this happen to me tonight.

They are investigating my ticket but I have fixes my own issue (though it still needs looking into).

Out of curiosity I bought an extra dimension slot, and low and behold, my missing dimension was already in there. I replaced with the buggy dimension and everything seems to be back to normal again.

Maybe worth a try.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Rift Chaser

@Ualani: I scraped together the 150 plat on my characters and tried it out. I am happy to report that it fixed my problem as well. So thanks for sharing your fix

Excellent stuff
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

+ Reply to Thread