• 2 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By Cailynn
  • 1 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Syveren
  • 1 Post By Cailynn

Thread: Guild for touring alts

Default Guild for touring alts

As I've begun touring dimensions on both EU and NA shards a lot, I have made a touring character on all shards, all but two of them leveled to 10 so I can give +1's. I also joined both the EU and NA dimensionaddicts channel. It does still feel a bit lonely though, a tiny teen toon all alone in a big big world lol. I was wondering if there are any guilds out there that would be willing to welcome any touring characters, so we have a place to be when we go touring. For me personally they will only be touring alts though, not active characters.

Or, if it's not already there/too much work it might be an idea to create a dimensionaddicts guild on all shards where all of our touring alts can join? Just a thought

I can echo Cailynn's words as I've done the same - made touring characters on EU and US shards. I was wondering also if there was a Touring Alt guild anywhere or somewhere we can put our characters, preferably with other dim enthusiasts. Cailynn and I tour together when we're both online and free to do so, but obviously that's not all the time, so it would be cool to make new friends.

Mine also will probably only remain fairly low level, although I do love levelling so will most likely be unable to resist playing those characters. I only went to Greybriar tonight to look at Afflaq's dims and ended up afterwards getting a couple of levels simply because... well... the quests were there!
    Last edited by Velaxis; 10-07-2014 at 05:37 PM.

An addicts guild sounds like a good idea

Making one on every shard might be a lot of work though, but if people are interested I'd be happy to get things started Assuming of course there isn't something like it already.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

For tourists on Greybriar (which has become quite the happening place for dimensions lately!), I maintain a guild on my alt Whatchacallit, and I'm more than happy to be a parking place for tourists on my home shard.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks for the offer for Greybriar, Feendish. I'll add that alt to friends and try to catch you online.

It would be cool to have homes for these little alts, as joining a 'normal' guild, where there will be expectations (often) about levelling and doing end game content that isn't appropriate for touring bods. Plus we'll be among people who are into the same things as us.
    Last edited by Velaxis; 10-10-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaxis View Post
    Thanks for the offer for Greybriar, Feendish. I'll add that alt to friends and try to catch you online.

It would be cool to have homes for these little alts, as joining a 'normal' guild, where there will be expectations (often) about levelling and doing end game content that isn't appropriate for touring bods. Plus we'll be among people who are into the same things as us.
    Yes.... I've been a good little alt-person and helped a couple of people start a guild on some touring lowbies.... but the first one was immediately pushing about getting donations for the incipient guild bank, and the second had his/her feelings hurt when I left the guild as soon as it was formed (even though I TOLD both these people up front that I wasn't interested in staying in the guild - I was just being helpful.... *sigh*)

So here's an offer: I have two accounts, I'd be happy to help set up guilds on servers - in the past, I've not left toons on servers when I've made "touring toons" (partly because I'm SUCH an altoholic, I'd probably have to actually PLAY them at some point, and playing the 25 I have now is almost more than I can handle - it will be better in deep winter of course).

I'd like to have a "guild base" of that sort myself!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

My apologies for giving the alt's name, but not my main. If I'm not on Whatchacallit, I'm on Baradara (my main), and I'm never doing anything so important I can't take a moment to switch out. If you have the silver to drop an in-game mail, I can also shoot a guild invite that way as well.

(This should be the time for spamming what I can offer.... dimension (empty), 5 tab guild bank (full of dimension crap), and........hrm, I guess that's it.

Baradara@Greybriar

This is a cool idea! Can someone please tell me how an NA person can tour EU dims? (Pretend I know nothing.)

You can make alts purely for touring, Syveren, on any shard, be it US or EU. You just choose your zone from the top right of the Glyph window. The options are North America, Europe and the PTS. I've made one character on each US shard (plus on my home EU shards where I had none before), which I've levelled to 10. This is so I can do a + like on the dimensions I visit. You have to be level 10 to do that. When you leave the starting zones now you'll be at least level 7, if not higher. It then takes no time at all to do a few quests to get to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Yes.... I've been a good little alt-person and helped a couple of people start a guild on some touring lowbies.... but the first one was immediately pushing about getting donations for the incipient guild bank, and the second had his/her feelings hurt when I left the guild as soon as it was formed (even though I TOLD both these people up front that I wasn't interested in staying in the guild - I was just being helpful.... *sigh*)

So here's an offer: I have two accounts, I'd be happy to help set up guilds on servers - in the past, I've not left toons on servers when I've made "touring toons" (partly because I'm SUCH an altoholic, I'd probably have to actually PLAY them at some point, and playing the 25 I have now is almost more than I can handle - it will be better in deep winter of course).

I'd like to have a "guild base" of that sort myself!
    We should make it happen then, sweet of you to help Narcise And I don't think there should be any strings attached in any way. Just like Velaxis said, it would be nice to have a place to hang out with like minded people, and chat if anyone's online. Also, we made a raid group for touring the dimensions that were entered into the competition, and I had trouble finding people. It might make things a tad easier if we're in the same guild

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    My apologies for giving the alt's name, but not my main. If I'm not on Whatchacallit, I'm on Baradara (my main), and I'm never doing anything so important I can't take a moment to switch out. If you have the silver to drop an in-game mail, I can also shoot a guild invite that way as well.

(This should be the time for spamming what I can offer.... dimension (empty), 5 tab guild bank (full of dimension crap), and........hrm, I guess that's it.
    Thanks for the offer Feendish, and I'll add you to friends to It's great to have a place to stay while touring

I think it would be good to spread the 'responsibility', such as it is, out. Feendish has offered for Greybriar so I suggest we take her up on her kind offer for that particular shard.

If anyone else is open to having tourists, then we can eliminate other shards from the list. Then Cailynn and Narcise can perhaps sort out the rest.

Cailynn and I have a guild on Gelidra, called Pro Lucror, and also one with the same name on Zaviel, on the EU side of things. Happy to give hotel space to tourists in either of those. But of course Rali and her friends have a thriving dimension guild on Gelidra, so don't want to tread on toes if they're happy to take people.

If people are interested in either of the ones Cailynn and I have, we could list our alts on those shards, so we can make contact. Incidentally, is there a way on Rift to do a search and see if anyone is online in a guild like there is in WoW? Might make things easier. Oh, just remembered Feendish said we can send mails in game and invites can be made that way, so that's another approach!

Oh, just remembered Feendish said we can send mails in game and invites can be made that way, so that's another approach!
    Yep. I got the mails from yourself and Cailynn, invites have been sent, so when you come back to GB and log in, they'll be in the mail, and all you have to do is accept, and it won't matter if I'm online or not, due to the time differences between EU and NA.

Baradara@Greybriar

You can make alts purely for touring, Syveren, on any shard, be it US or EU. You just choose your zone from the top right of the Glyph window. The options are North America, Europe and the PTS. I've made one character on each US shard (plus on my home EU shards where I had none before), which I've levelled to 10. This is so I can do a + like on the dimensions I visit. You have to be level 10 to do that. When you leave the starting zones now you'll be at least level 7, if not higher. It then takes no time at all to do a few quests to get to 10.
    Thank you, Velaxis. For some reason, I was thinking I would have to download a separate client for EU. So glad to hear that is not the case.

That's nice and easy, being able to send guild invites in the mail Thanks Feendish! Both Velaxis and myself accepted the invitation already.

+ Reply to Thread