• 2 Post By Cailynn
  • 1 Post By JaydedRIft
  • 2 Post By BlackZodiac
  • 1 Post By Ualani
  • 1 Post By Okay

Thread: The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe

Rift Chaser

Default The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe

My contest entry for the Setting the scene competition is open.

It's "The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe" Shard Zaviel, character Serathe.

I tried to get as much of the poem, that was described in it, in as I could. Some references a bit more obscure then others.
    Because the poem as a whole was pretty much one big scene anyway.

And here is the Poem in full for reference:

http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literat.../TheRaven.html

I hope you all enjoy it. If you enjoy it even half as much as i enjoyed building it I am very very satisfied
    Last edited by Serathe; 10-04-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

I have to say that your dimension is in the top three of my favourites for this contest! I also had the same idea to do something raven inspired but alas, I didn't have the time. You outdid all of my ideas by far
    You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Even if I'm not posting. I'm here. Scrolling. Judging.

I enjoyed this dimension very much! Love all the creative details all around and the way you managed to capture the essence of the words. Excellent job!

Fantastic Serathe, you really did manage to capture the poem and your morphs are incredible! The picture on the wall is amazing and I love the clock and the piano!
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

I haven't made it to the Europe shards yet, but I'm definitely coming to see this one!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I really liked this DIM. I especially liked the raven itself and the shadow it threw on the floor. And the grandfather clock - WOW

I LOVE this dimension! I've toured quite a few if not all of the contest entries, and this is definitely one of my favorites. The details are just wonderful....the first thing that struck me was the shadow on the floor, that really blew my mind. Awesome work!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the compliments people. Glows with pride.

The shadow was intresting to build for sure. Game has a lack of true even black items. And then it also needed to be perfectly flat. Found ONE item that fitted. Thanks Rali for pointing out the bottom of that pot and saving my sanity haha ^^ So 48 items and a fair bit of fiddling and some mild swearing later i got it. It might not look it but the shadow was the most challenging morph in the room, and one of the most time consuming to pull off convincingly and working from all angles. I am very pleased with it if I am allowed to pat on my own back It was for me an absolute vital part of the whole thing.
    Last edited by Serathe; 10-04-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

well done well done well done, like others i love the bird , i hope i can get some of the eu players to join in on the next community build every time i visit "the other-side" of rift hehe i just get blown away well done
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

Ah The Raven, such a beautiful poem! And to build a dimension with that in mind, that is just amazing. The raven blew me away, and then the shadow, that's absolutely jawdropping. Your dimension is very very cool, and a huge inspiration

I toured this last night & what an awesome dimension! The portrait, the clock, the piano...everything was perfect. Very nice~

Very very impressive with the shadow and lighting. Was a good visit

Thought I'd replied here.

Will echo what everyone else has said...simply wonderful. Certainly my own personal favourite

Shadowlander

I just visited, nice atmosphere and layout! Definitely earned my +1

(also, the portrait is genius xD)
    Last edited by Okay; 10-07-2014 at 11:42 AM.

I loved your dimension, the raven, the shadow, the piano, painting, and the whole room really.

+ Reply to Thread